ITT: movies that are going to fail

ITT: movies that are going to fail.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KAOdjqyG37A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reddit will love it, capeshitters will love it, Sup Forumsirgins will love it.

They have all the demographics that matter

>a steven spielberg film

i highly doubt it

He's old now. Elders don't make distinction between Sup Forums and Reddit. It's just a cloud of funny pictures for them.

someone posted pages from the book and they were really embarrassing to read.

Peoiple are going to watch it for their favorite character cameos.

I can practically hear the audience clapping and cheering each time the next pop culture reference appears on screen.

Reddit Poster One more like.

Fuck just read YouTube comments on the trailer where Iron Giant pops up, it's already started

>Directed by Spielberg
>Based on a very popular book
>Sucks off 80's nostaglia, banking on both those who have 80's experience and the kids who pretend they do
>Nerd culture
It'll be one of the highest grossing films of its year. It won't be any good, but it'll likely be better than the book at least.

>Sucks off 80's nostaglia, banking on both those who have 80's experience and the kids who pretend they do

according to you, how can someone possibly pretend to have experienced an era they havent? i mean if they were born later thats an objective fact

Really you can just put up any WB movie

>Really you can just put up any WB movie
what? Paramount and Sony are fucking up everywhere and you pick WB?

>how can someone possibly pretend to have experienced an era they havent?
You think half of the people acting like Stranger Things is a nostaliga trip for them were alive or remember the 80s? Its incredibly common for people to act like they are "80's kids" to seem older and more 'hip'.

Why do you think 80's nostaliga is so popular nowadays? Its not because of oldfucks, but young adults lapping that shit up.

>reddit spacing

>how can someone possibly pretend to have experienced an era they havent?
have you not seen any LE 90's KIDS from kids who were born from 1999 to early 2000's?

>go to local kino house
>Ready Player One is playing
>hitch my falcon to the guardrail and assume the position
>flick begins to play
>opening scene features The Iron Giant riding Disney's Star Wars' Han Solo's The Millenium Falcon
>audience erupts into deafening cheers
>man next to me grabs my shoulders in a euphoric high, and screams "I recognize those things!"
>cuts to the main character in his room
>grumbling and unrest spreads through the theater
>"I don't know who that is" says my neighbor
>suddenly Ben Affleck as Batman appears on screen
>the audience's joyous cheers roar to life, twice as loud
>ear drums rupture

Meaningless.

wtf happened to WB? in my childhood they were awesome. also Bugs Bunny & co >>>> Disney shits

People fetishized the 60s in the late 80s and 90s, who weren't born until the 70s.

Big question is does RP1 have s synth soundtrack? If so, then you know it's a fake nostalgia grab. Spielberg never did synths back in the day.

was this deep opinion worth the effort of typing captchas?

>he didn't watch Dunkino

unironic question here
do americans actually clap in the cinema?

I have actually seen it happen, but only a few times. Think every time it was after a superhero franchise film fwiw

not really, there are isolated incidents though.

There's a channel dedicated to it happening in some podunk town on youtube, I've seen it posted here before as proof that we all do it.

>The BFG

Yes. Having experienced Rogue One and TFA in an American theater, I can tell you that when a thing an American recognizes is on screen, he feels compelled to clap. I think this stems from a mistaken belief that the characters on screen are actually giants performing a play, who are capable of hearing him, and who appreciate the noise made by his tiny human hands.

It's a universal thing I think, not just American. My dad (Greek) doesn't clap but he always goes "Woah, that's (insert meme actor), niiiiiice"

Sure thing buddy

The next avatar movie. Its been too long since the last one + the hype is completely gone. Ohhh and the new shitty bladerunner

>grumbling and unrest spreads through the theater

The new Jumanji
Marky Mark's 6 Billion Dollar Man

>26 movies released
>Barely beating based disney which has only 9 movies

Blade Runner
Aquaman
Black Panther (any blockbuster with shitskins really)

What's on the upswing is retro horror, except Stevie King to be signed on more movie posters than book reviews in the next 2 years. Next up: Giallo remakes, Friday 13th reboot.

this

the trailer includes familiar things from the 80s, that's really all you need these days

>Dunkino

The worst bravonolans film.

>based disney
cringe

Stay triggered shill

Ready Player One? Sure, if the game is spot the 80s reference. This movie will literally be 'member berries. It will be a commercial success and that will convince other studios to make nostalgia crap. The ride never fucking ends.

Or you could following the magic recipe to making a modern trailer:
youtu.be/KAOdjqyG37A

>better than the book
probably, but that’s hardly an accomplishment

Fucking hell, reading that gave me goosebumps. Awesome.

>tl;dr I tried to make it as marketable as possible

barf