Star Wars: Ian McDiarmid Doesn’t Want Anyone Else to Play Palpatine

>“I suppose there must be a chance but I think you’d find out about it more quickly than I would. As far as the new films are concerned, I’m dead. There is no question about that. But there is what they call the anthology series and actually the most recent one, Rogue One, was about the time when I was in charge. I was referred to a few times, Darth Vader popped up, but you did not see me. Maybe they are keeping me as a surprise for later but I have no idea. Of course, I don’t want anyone else to play him.”

Do you think they will recast the Sheev?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5KBEEJQEW3o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For some reason I thought he was dead.

I am the Palpatine

Not yet

IDRIS ELBA
D
R
I
S

E
L
B
A

I don't want them to bring palpatine back. I don't want palpating to be killed by that angy little boy.

Rogue One was bland and I'm sure the Han Solo movie will be fucking terrible but I would love a Star Wars movie that's all about Sheev. Why the fuck aren't Disney doing it? Ian won't live forever.

idris elba
OR
a woman of color
not sure which one is better, a difficult choice for disney

gotchu senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=5KBEEJQEW3o

casting anyone else is treason.

Because of how he looks before he enters the OT, they can always recreate his face so, he's lucky

Nobody else should play him. He was literally the only good thing about those prequels.

He may have died but they can still show Empalsurecon

>Even director George Lucas wasn't safe from McDiarmid's twisted vision.

>"One time I yelled 'cut' and Ian turned to me and said 'what if someone just jumped through the middle of the chancellor's office and yelled AAARGRAAGRARGARARGRGGGARGAHGHGHGH? Maybe the Jedi Masters in robes would forget their trained routine of arresting a Sith Lord.' My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to play Sheev, or is Sheev something that's been in him all along?"

>"Sometimes I would go to look into one of the cameras, and I noticed Ian had put something in the lens. It was stuff like 'What if cameras were lightsabers? Are you threatening me, master Jedi?' and 'Lights. Camera. Treason.' I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to direct."

So Sup Forums

Is it just memes or do you actually like the Emperor as a villain?

Don't worry Ian, they'll put your cgi zombie face on another body once you're dead.

He's had several chances to voice him again but he never accepts. So he only wants to do it if it's live action?

Childhood is idolizing Vader.

Adulthood is realizing Sheev makes more sense.

>Lights. Camera. Treason

They might bring him back for a cameo in the inevitable Palpatine© Origins - A Disney Star Wars™ Story

He and Ewan McGregor are the only actors who should reprise their roles. Both are the only good things about the prequels other than memes.

Leia a cute

I would vote for Sheev

Sheev is the most effective character in the prequels, and that's no meme. He's the only person who accomplishes what he wants to, and while you can look at some of his actions as evil, it's ironic that Anakin basically just became an evil asshole all by himself, and Sheev scooped him up at the last second to be a pal.

He's my favorite Star Wars character because if we were to actually meet he'd just be nice and see what I could do for him, the fuck am I gonna try against the emperor?

>take the power legally
>villain

I think Jared Leto in old man make up or Johnny Knoxville old man make up could pull it off.

Everyone was given horrible lines to work with in the prequels and most of them tried to salvage it in some way, playing straight lines like 'killing younglings' or poor Hayden Christenson actually trying to play his character seriously.
Ian realized right off the bat what a fucking shitshow of schlock the script was so from the getgo just had fun with the role, and it shows. It makes his character endearing and entertaining. Compare his performance to Sam Jacksons. Ian was just having a blast screaming POWAAAAAAHHHHEEERR! like a retard and hamming it up while Jackson actually tried to seriously deliver the line 'he is the traitoraaaaggh'
If the whole cast had had as much fun fucking around with it as Ian had, the movies would be much more fun. Still not 'Star Wars' according to the public, but fun.

>It's recasting then...

I think it's a terrible attitude to have, but I agree with him. He's irreplaceable as Palpatine.

In RotJ he's a legit great villain. In the prequels he's elavating a shitty script by having fun with it

>He's irreplaceable
He's already been replaced by Sam Witwer, you dumb cuck

I remember reading that they were bringing Ian back to voice him now

School me daddy your production knowledge is so sexy

Sammy is still doing it. Even in Battlefront II. They could totally CGI the character in a film and have him voice it just fine

based emperor mcdiarmid

Just admit you spoke out of turn and apologize

I just find him fun to watch