DC Universe

I don't understand something Sup Forums Why is it that Supergirl is the only show in another universe?

Is there a comic that Barry and Clark are not on the same Earth? Would this be that comic?

"She's on Earth 32"

Why tho? Everyone else is on this Earth but Kara is on 32 and not main earth???

Help me understand this /co

It used to be on another station
That's pretty much the reason

Pretty much this Back when Supergirl first started production CBS claimed it would never crossover with the other shows. How wrong they were.

Anyone else think this crossover week has been shit?

that seems about right, I still don't get why they couldn't let the time line some how manage to get the 2 to work as 1

I like it so far. I watch everything but LOT. But Sup Forums says it's good so I'm going to get season 1.

Well Barry already went to Supergirl's universe last year. They made it a point in that episode that it wasn't Barry's world. And that's because Supergirl was on CBS. Dumb reasoning.

LOT is not good.

LOT Season 1 has a lot of shitty eps, but a pretty fucking epic finale. Not sure if it's worth swimming through the eps of shit for.

Just watch LOT Season 2. It has Eobard Thawne.

>LOT is not good
this
i watched 3 episodes on netflix and they were freaking terrible
this week's flash spoiled it anyway for me and best guy snart dies in LOT

i only watch flash. is it gonna be worth watching arrow next week for this continuation?
i stopped watching arrow cause it got too much like a soap

Suoergirl used to be on CBS and the CW had to find a way for it to fit into their universe. That's hard when you have a world with an established timeline, so they made her her own littlr universe.

that I'm aware of. Supergirl has (I think) gotten better

If I want to understand, I need to start at the beginning and at least it's only 1 season, unlike Arrow

I hate to say this but I basically grew up on Soaps (around me) so watching Arrow the way it is doesn't bother me. I like the idea of Live action more than anything. which is why I was excited to see the flash returning when it did. Even tho the 90's had more style.

Greg Berlanti pitched SUPERGIRL to The CW, but they declined, so CBS picked up. They initially didn't want any crossovers with The CW's properties, so they mapped out their mythology in a way that wouldn't fit with what has been established on ARROW and THE FLASH. CBS went on to cancel it and it got picked up by The CW, but it'd be too much of a hassle to merge the universes and get saddled with a bunch of chronological errors, so they're just going to be separated universes.

Just wait till they make a Convergence/Crisis thing to get them together.

Hell, they already have an easy way of doing it: have Flash fuck up again.

is this what would happen if they still kept Wonder Woman?

>But Sup Forums says it's good
That's being generous.
LoT gets bogged down in season 1 by Vandal Savage and the B-plot related to him and Hawkgirl/Hawkman. All three of them are the center point of the season's conflict, but all three of them are also the worst actors on the cast.

What happened with Super Atom over there?

*Earth-38

His entire character arc was getting cockblocked by a character who wasn't even in most of the episodes.

Yeah... this crossover is pretty shit. The heroes meet at long last and...
>it's a mind control episode
>it's a dream sequence episode

These plot devices are so fucking lazy.

This but I thought they were going to use Flashpoint as an excuse to tie the universes together somehow. Maybe they still will but as of now they must have thought it would be too confusing and unnecessary since they can just have Barry and Cisco pick her up when they want a crossover.

Are you the faggot that keeps insisting that HR is from Earth-13 in Flash Talkback threads?

>Anyone else think this crossover week has been shit?
I was pretty hyped, but all we've gotten is "muh lies" and "muh drama" with very little payoff with the actual aliens or cast interactions. It's less of an enjoyable crossover and more of an excuse to have central point for certain characters to move on from.

I'm pissed that they didn't merge the two universes after Flashpoint. Flashpoint and the subsequent new 52 brought the wild storm universe into the dc verse. I don't see why the sane can't apply to the cw

So if there are Dominators in Earth 38, then there must/might be a Krypton in Earth 1's universe, right? Can you imagine we get a crossover in future seasons with Earth 1 Kara and Kal-El? They might even be in the Justice League Barry eventually forms.

Theoretically, Thawne did cause Barry to start his super hero career 5 years earlier than in the original original timeline which we never saw.

So, maybe Clark is there and just hasn't made his big public move yet and Kara is still in space.

She is secretly Power Girl. She will go to the main universe once the network makes the actress get implants.

>best guy

He doesn't stay dead dude

Younger version though.

Arrow S5 is the best thing CW has done. the second half of 3 and season 4 were shit though.

S1 is pretty bad but S2 is a bit of a step up since they do away with all the shit characters from S1 like Hawkgirl and Savage

>Stein confirmed for massive dick

I kinda of agree. Could they really not have all the characters from all the shows (except Supergirl though) be on all the episodes? It's fucking weird to go from mainly Barry's crew to just Arrow's crew to just LoT's crew on their series. They should have just had it's own name like DC's INVASION! and had all the characters on most of the episodes. It just feels disjointed for most of the episodes.

It was still okay but it could have been great.

It was on another station/producers claimed people would go WELL WHY DOESN'T SUPERMAN JUST SAVE THE DAY with everything else

It was pretty good man. They still had a CW budget to work with but they made it feel as cinematic as they could.

Crossover was horrible.

Hope they never do any again soon.

Looking at the big ratings bump they get every time they do it there will be one every year for the next decade.

Maybe if they fire the entire writing staff and get new people.

>Have 4 hours to do a TV Avengers team up
>Botch it up somehow

I'm amazed by that kind of incompetence.

What's with people wanting them to destroy their multiverse the second they establish one?

So I watched Supergirl to be up to speed, since she starts the crossover.

Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Supes name reveal was dumb, his look is pretty shit too. Somehow worse than Deathlok from AoS. Most of S1 was shitty looking villains, and S2 was better, which threw me off when Cyborg Hank came.

Still wondering who Lynda Carter is, since she did that alien shimmer before the scene transition.

Kinda odd they haven't touched on Mon-El's name. I mean, really Kara? You're not going to ask why he shares the same name despite being a Daxamite?

They really should make Guardian's suit yellow and not dull gray.

Also, at some point there was a vigilante named Master Jailer that looked like Batman (he had tiny bat ears ffs). She even made a comment about masks being a thing at that other city. Which I took it to mean Star City. Doesn't make sense why she wouldn't say Gotham, in S2 there was a father that said they're moving back to Gotham (what a freak). But I guess since there's no Flash, I doubt there'd be a GA.

You don't even need to watch Supergirl to be upto speed with the crossover. That was a ruse to get people who don't normally tune in to do so.

Why is Heatwave still a good guy?

The Flash episode was fine, had its great albeit short moments, and it set things up. But it didn't really do much and it had a lot of grumpy people groaning over Flashpoint.
The Arrow episode didn't do much with the crossover, and felt like a drawn out, uninteresting pandering to past Arrow events that either went to shit or that the show can no longer keep due to how convoluted past seasons have been. So even as an Arrow episode it was a let down.

The LoT episode was honestly great though. It's the episode that felt like the true crossover. The Flash episode was mostly team Flash and setting stage. The Arrow episode was basically an Arrow episode going over past Arrow seasons and barely a crossover. But the LoT episode had all the franchises together and working together from beginning to end. The end of the episode is even Oliver and Barry drinking. The episode was a great ride from beginning to end.

The Supergirl episode was a great episode too. But it was essentially just a regular Supergirl episode and barely involved in the crossover. Which isn't really a bad thing, it was executed well.
Honestly, I mostly blame Arrow and its crossover episode simultaneously being the 100th Arrow episode. Its celebratory anniversary crap is really what messed up the pacing the crossover that hard. The Flash episode was a bit rocky but otherwise it wasn't that bad. If you just watch the Flash episode and the LoT episode back to back without the Arrow episode it's honestly great. The LoT episode made the crossover worth it.

I think people want main heroes in one universe, and when the multiverse comes up they want alts to the mains, to get double the heroes. Or since they want to pit heroes against heroes it should be Crime Syndicate.

That's dumb though, people don't really ask why Superman doesn't just save the day when Kara gets fucked up.

It was odd when after Supes got brainwashed because of Myriad and he was incapacitated, the DEO was just like, "cool, he can stick around until he recovers." Then season 2 kicks in and they leave the cave, and everyone's amazed when he flies through the main entrance.

Anyhow, people pretty much know Clark has to take care of Metropolis. I did like that someone like Metallo is a two-person job and Kara didn't just steal one of his villains.

It's okay, I watched at 2x speed so I didn't really have to sit through shitty acting/music/cheesy moments.

Just like the actual comics!

>The Supergirl episode was a great episode too.

If that counts as a great episode then I dread to think what a bad episode looks like in that horrid show.

Which of these shows will be the first to introduce Wonder Woman?

None

I really don't know why they had to actually get Luthors, Maxwell Lord was doing fine. I would've rather had he was head of Cadmus or duped into working for them. Getting rid of Cat and Max for Lena and Mama Luthor was lame.

Well. It was a good episode but the episode prior to it was a lot better and that has a lot to do with it. The episode still resolved things at a pleasant pace.
Seeing Mike's and J'onn's predicament be resolved smoothly was great. Also fun to see more of Henshaw.
And it's good to see them mostly resolving that gay crap drama because drawing that out any more would have been terrible.
But I do love that they're introducing off-world aliens with spaceships now.

So basically, the episode works as a resolution for more exciting episodes. Otherwise I can imagine it would be something of a downer especially with that lesbian drama crap in the middle. Otherwise it was great though because it was a satisfying continuation of previous great episodes.

>I really don't know why they had to actually get Luthors, Maxwell Lord was doing fine
Yeah. I am saddened by this too though. It's a shame really. But at the very least they're developing Lena and they aren't just side-lining her and her mother. Her mother is pretty much dull as balls though and I am not a big fan of Lena either but hopefully they can do something satisfying with them in time. Maxwell Lord was most definitely a lot better though.
But that's also part the reason for why I am glad they're introducing other antagonists too. We're getting more aliens which can be great fun, and I have hopes for Henshaw. I don't think Henshaw is going to be tied down by Cadmus.

It's so when Supergirl gets canceled she can be reintroduced as power girl in the justice league tv show.

Linda Carter was already in SG. She's the president of the United States, and also an ayylmao.

It was sadly necessary though. Max's actor was probably unable or unwilling to make the move to Toronto and Cat's actress agreed to stay on for the first two episodes so they could properly write her out in a way that leaves the role open for guest appearances.

How I would have written a crossover event:

>Barry time travels in time and causes Flashpoint
>Oliver's dad is Green Arrow
>Palmer can play cyborg's role in the comic as the president's adviser
>In this new timeline Supergirl exists but she goes rogue from mind control and starts nuclear war
>Throw in Eobard in the role he plays in the flashpoint comic to taunt Barry
>We get actual killer frost, vibe, laurel black canary, wally and all the legends in their full costumed glory in one big Armageddon type battle
>Most of the old cast of Arrow season 1 get better fleshing out than just one-off hallucinations
>Barry time travels to the present and gives Oliver a letter from his dad..and that's when he realizes things are a lot different and that supergirl is now part of their earth

What I'm saying is if they wanted to they could have easily brought Supergirl and written an actual air-tight crossover event that wasn't false advertising as a 4 show event when it was more like 2/4, nothing happened on Supergirl and Arrow was season 1 character wankery.

Yeah, don't like how they've handled post Flashpoint, moody Flash season is as bad as Arrow S3/4. And the last crossover had mind control and they decided to rehash it, but with aliens? Fuck you CW.

They could've actually had Barry and Wally be buddy buddy heroes for the first few episodes fighting all kinds of whacky rogues, with the cross-over episodes from all 4 shows being the tie in for the big bad event, set off by Supergirl starting the apocalypse that requires everyone's help.

Actually I'd amend Green Arrow not being Oliver's dad, and just have it be a more experienced older Oliver who is a better tactician. And then have the mid-season finale be him getting back to the regular timeline as the only way to save lives.

That would make more sense than ayylmao aliens out of nowhere, Cisco being female Felicity, no one wanting Wally to help, an entire hallucination episode where everyone is having heart to heart conversations and what pissed me off the most Deathstroke being a jobber

When ranting about vigilantes, she almost name drops Batman. She says that her cousin worked with a vigilante with plenty of dark demons

She's Wonder Woman.

I'm like 90 percent sure Linda Carter is meant to be wonder Woman

>Deathstroke
>Guy who gets his ass kicked by teenagers regularly
>Not a jobber
Pick one.

next year they are gonna do crisis on infinite earths, and at the end smush everything into one earth

I'm pretty sure she's an alien and meant to be Starfire.

I'm hijacking this thread to not start another.

Explain to me why Flash can affect the timeline with Flashpoint but the legends of tomorrow can't with their time travel foolishness.

That's the dumbest thing I've read all day.

the plot armor is that the timeship is specially crafted by the timemasters to not rip time, using the speed force to change time rips reality or something

Because Superman already exists in her universe and that would completely screw up the introduction of superheroes into that universe with Arrow and then the metas with Flash.

Didn't give a shit about the fappening, just found out Supergirl had nudes.
>DAAAYYYYUUUUUUMMM

Because she already had an established universe before they decided to crossover with Flash and eventually move to CW. They can't just reset her entire universe so she can share a world with Flash. Even in Flash only minor things were changed with Flashpoint.

This is why I hate time travel in fiction.

>Star City - 2046.
>A rogue Superman, who has emerged from Earth-23, seeks to destroy all those who could oppose them. The first target on his list; The Green Arrow.

I think the crossover should happen at the finale of each shows. Have each show's main bad guy work for one big bad and at the end the good guys have to team up and actually make a 4-episode cross over.

I could see them doing that eventually.

Agree with this to be honest. Made me want to tune into LOT as Firestorm was much better then last season and Vixen and Commander steel were cool

The Legends more or less keep the timeline the same by making sure the big important events happen as they should. Small seemingly insignificant changes don't necessarily create big waves, but can change stuff on a smaller scale, like when Stein preaches his younger self in the 80s and then suddenly he has a daughter in the present.

Speedforce is different because it literally causes unpredictable ripples in time, like in chaos theory butterfly beating its wings creates a tornado on the other side of the world, when it is used to change time.

Commander Steel is great. The best addition of the new season.

That could be a lot of fun. But i see that ending badly too. Though I do like what they are doing with Legends with Dahrk and Zoom teaming up

I really miss Snart, I hope they bring him back. Atom with a cold gun just isn't the same.

>I really miss Snart, I hope they bring him back.

Next week.

Thank you based user. I just looked at the trailer myself. I had a feeling maybe he'd come back in the Flash later on and help Barry deal with Killer Frost eventually

>watch Arrow crossover episode
>Flash is called over for back up and Arrow's recruits are there
>despite their fanboyism of Flash it is still somewhat tense
>all of a fucking sudden Supergirl arrives
>"Hey, everyone!"
>makes a little wave
>mood lightens up exponentially
Why is she so fucking cute? Holy shit.

Question, how did Cisco vibe him and Nate onto the Dominator's ship?

I thought his vibes were just passively watching things as they happen/about to happen/happened in the past.

But he was able to interact with the Dominator in real time. And he brought a passenger along for the ride.

He was always able to interact throught his vibe powers.

the TV shows are disjointed shit and they got ruined before they began when Constantine was axed after a season and the turned it from Dresden Files' TV show's spiritual successor(but less shit compared to the source) to CSI: Meta Human Crimes Division and Degrassi: The Superpowered Generation

>the renamed shows
It took me a moment but then I realized what they meant and I LOL'd

Also don't forget Doctor Who Gate: Universe

Don't you dare user

I couldn't think of a good way to splice any of the Star Treks or Andromeda into it. SGU had the best ring to it.

go sit in the corner. I may not be a startrek fan but even then, don't mix those 2

Really? I can't remember him being able to have a real time conversation like that before

That's what DC did when they gave the time expert guy a limey accent and a 'tude, sorry.
Haven't watched much myself because I'm diametrically opposed to Hawkman or Woman being humans(did they ever fix this at least by having the souls be originally Thanagarian? I know you can't be an origins nitpicker on Hawkman but oh man did Flash ever drop the ball.)

They were ancient Egyptians who were mutated by the Nth metal in the Comet

The Thanagarians were a future threat that the Time Masters wanted to stop with Savage's help. But the Legends fucked that up so now there's no defense against the Thanagarian invasion in the future.

I can't believe they set up a future plot thread like that and said they couldn't think of any other plots for Hawkgirl and Hawkman with Savage dead

I've not watched LOT yet, I downloaded it last night. After I get done with some other shows this week, I'll watch it.

What do you expect? These shows are targeted at "normies" while people like us (Sup Forums) hate that they remove and change so damn much

Even if I am picky with DC staying the original, like Barry is blond in the comics and even in the fuckin cartoons, while brown haired here. Kara being brown haired and not blonde. Then Kara being pronounced as Car-rah... I know it's really stupid but still... I realize that's nit picky, but come on... It's not that complicated to fix.

>have Flash fuck up again
He usually fucks up major twice each season so there's an opportunity

I've always read her name as Cah-Rah, but I became a Hawk Fan when I read Hawkworld, so I'm used to the Thanagarian spelling and pronunciations.
JLU they say Karah and she's from Thanagar. Hawkman is still Carter because he's human but is the soul of the original Katar, who crashed with Kara in proto-Egypt and kickstarted the cluster of civilizations that would become Egypt.

Egh, sounds like they almost fixed it but then stopped caring and got distracted. Wonderful.

It was an astral projection pretty much. He has done it numerous times before in Flash. Including when Barry was stuck in the speedforce as a notable example.

I doubt that they will be allowed to adapt any Crisis.

she almost name drops gotham in the first season too.

I don't think i can handle another crossover where the B-plot for every episode is 'I Don't Like you Barry Allen' 'Nah you're cool'

Action scenes in the crossover were beyond disappointing, especially the final fight.

They had all their heroes together but failed to produce anything memorable action wise. I mean, at least give us Atom riding an Arrow for fucks sake.

How hawt is Kara?

6/10. Decent body, skinny, but you can tell in her face she's older than she appears deal

She's topless in Homeland.