Cartoon Network Studios is officially the Jesus restoration painter of animation

Cartoon Network Studios is officially the Jesus restoration painter of animation

Other urls found in this thread:

fabien-mense.tumblr.com/post/153910606758/victor-and-valentino-a-pilot-created-and
emises.tumblr.com/post/152789468395/have-you-ever-wanted-to-protect-two-children-so
tmblr.co/ZvRhTvgRqy2-
youtube.com/watch?v=iyX-pJgQl84
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fabien-mense.tumblr.com/post/153910606758/victor-and-valentino-a-pilot-created-and

Holy shit, I refuse to believe what that image is trying to convey. No. That's not real.

Val is just as mad as the rest of us.

Can we safely say that Calarts has become the cancer that is killing creativity in character design?

I don't even like UGP or TWOG, but dang, at least they're allowed to pursue styles that aren't just Rick and Morty rejects.

>Thought-provoking OP
>This guys derails it into the CalArts meme
The issue is with the channel, not the art school.
Both Disney and Nickelodeon have far greater variety in styles, but they both suck ass in terms of managing their shows.
Now we find ourselves with the best channel for cartoons taken over by an uniformation of the art styles that is REALLY getting obnoxious.
I'll take Star vs. or even The Suck House any day over this.

Looks like Kaneda

So instead of anime we got calarts.
That's just funny.

So what happened? Shit storyboarders?

>this actually got fan art
I thought infinity train utterly over shadowed it and hogged all the praise

I don't get it. What is that?

They're getting worse at managing their shows over time though.

Concept art vs final product.

early character designs vs the pilot's designs

wait ,never mind I'm fucking retarded and sleepy

Anime isn't an artstyle.

they should learn from the Simpsons

only gets better with age

>thinking concept art will ever be the final product

Is it me or does the style looks kinda like Ricky and Morty sans the weird pupils?

Please. Several years from now, you'll be tired of whatever new dominant art style is everywhere and you'll miss the Calarts style.

>Another DUDE MEXICO LMAO cartoon

Why are you guys upset that it failed?

emises.tumblr.com/post/152789468395/have-you-ever-wanted-to-protect-two-children-so
It did get ONE piece of fanart

Yeah I was not a believer in the cal arts memes but now I'm seeing it and I'm not liking it. Like you really don't need to tweak those designs much for them to work.

I don't know if I would have liked it as I found the writing to be boring and lazy as well, but damn at least it would have been better to look at.

I think I would rather this was made into a comic book using the concept art style so that the artist can get really crazy with the ghost designs.

Not necessarily. Nobody misses Klasky Csupo's style.

Ruined cartoons thread?

Because the same thing is happening to just about every cartoons pitched at CN

>and you'll miss the Calarts style.
That is literally never going to happen

Reminder that anyone who cries about the Calarts meme is either an unemployed animation major or a soon-to-be-unemployed animation student.

>Yeah I was not a believer in the cal arts memes
Really? I think it was really getting quite obvious

>Another DUDE MEXICO LMAO
Nothing wrong with catering to the next majority population of the US

Valentino a cutie.

Is this animation, or a game of "spot the differences"?

What the taco is this?

What's wrong with that exactly? The last mexico-inspired show we got was El Tigre, but as fantastic that was that was still years ago.

>everybody keeps ruining Fabien Mense's great designs
It happened with Hotel Transylvania, too.

Not neccesarily ruined but I wish that just one episode be made in the traditional nine month schedule just so that we could see an episode that heeds much closer to the dramatically better looking and more expressive storyboards than the show can under its six day production schedule.

it looks like a dozen other cartoons being produced now

it looks less calarts now than before. now it looks like mcfarlane

>thin outlines
>flat coloring, no shading
>saturated colors
>rounded features and designs

why is this happening in so many modern cartoons?

it's probably quicker, cheaper, and allows the same group of animators to work on multiple cartoons without having to switch art styles.

Whats with CN fuckboys bashing The Loud House at every chance they get now? Like a completely unrelated thread and you're talking about it. Based Savino owns that much real estate in your head?

>implying
Did you get things mixed up? The Loud House threads constantly talk about other cartoons and how superior the show is in comparison to other cartoons.

And then they make those cringeworthy image edits.

It seems like the enjoy talking about other shows more than The Loud House itself on those threads.

Even big budget animated movies have this problem.

You faggots are fucking pathetic. Ofcourse it wouldnt have looked likd that innthe end product. Itd be too expensive.

So basically, you're crying and butthurt because someone made an image of Luan shooting Wojak Steven or whatever the fuck, because fans of it within the confines of their own threads find it superior to whatever schlock is on CN right now, and therefor you need to turn every other single thread remotely tangible into a safe space for bashing a show you've probably never watched? You're the reason why CN fans are regarded as basically being on the same tier as Sonyggers.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered Producing Parker.

Look at this

the final product. This was a result of farming out animation to the Philippines

we are living in the new hanna-barbera era

This cal art meme is coming true.

I didn't believe you guys till now.

>the Philippines

IT'S

meme magic is dangerous

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Who the hell animates this shit? Serious question.

I keep saying that if people just colored in their animatics and did better sound mixing, we'd often end up with something better than a fully-animated product. But there's this idea that animating the characters is always worth it, even at the price of the art.

Of all the bullshit changed, I do prefer the Chupacabra design in the short over the design the original design. Everything else they dumbed down is trash.

ok you know what i don't care about how they changed the designs but for fuck sake, when are you ever going to learn how tacos are supposed to be

Is Jorge R. GutiƩrrez the only guy who can get our culture right? and well he gets it right because he is mexican

im mexican and i can't get into this because i cringe at every joke, so who the hell is the target audience for this

HT at least did it's damndest to keep it as stylized as possible, and it honestly did a decent job of it. The abominations posted in this thread look like they got the life sucked out of them.

>Concept art vs final product.

Not even close to how bad they fucked up Ben 10.

This was a storyboard.

tmblr.co/ZvRhTvgRqy2-

No one wants to eat your nasty-ass garbage tacos, stupid god damn spic.

How the fuck are you even supposed to the tacos on the top? That shit is already falling out of the tortilla.

Do you people know how storyboards work?

You're on Sup Forums. Fucking of course not.

For what, drawing a little more than noodle arms and simple facial expressions? Pathetic.

>Implying storyboard production-to-final animation is a 100% set thing that "works" any one way between all studios.

Do YOU know how they work, user?
Because a "storyboard" for one studio isn't necessarily the same thing for another.

Weirdly enough Tito Dick "Dickman" baby. Never went to the shores of flip before and after conception. Almost everything else though, we make at the animation sweat shops. From Dragonzballz to Ponies.

Like zoinks, Scoob

It all means the same if they export the bulk of their animation out of the state

>top
Mexican Akira
>bottom
Mexican Regular Show

Oh look, someone that had no idea how animation works.

THE FINAL PRODUCT ALREADY USES LIMITED AND PUPPETTED ANIMATION

THE ORIGINAL DESIGN WAS NOT THAT MUCH MORE COMPLICATED TO COPY, IT WAS ALREADY CARTOONY. IT DIDN'T NEED THE SHADING OR HAND-DRAWN LOOK BUT MY GOD WHY DO THE EYES HAVE TO BE PERFECT FUCKING CIRCLES. WHY IS THE HEAD A PERFECT FUCKING CIRCLE. WHY DID THEY STERILIZE THESE MICRO-CHANGES THAT RESULTED IN SUCKING TONS OF LIFE OUT OF THE CARTOONY DESIGN.

DRAWING AN OVAL INSTEAD OF A CIRCLE DOESN'T INFLATE THE BUDGET BUT IT SURE AS HELL RUINS YOUR DESIGN.

FUCK.

>Its a "Mexico" cartoon
>"Alright lets see what they got"
>Not even a minute in and they are already making tacos in a rustic little village
Vale verga la vida xddxdxd

>make a cartoon that takes place in a different setting
>doesn't take advantage of that
Next you will complain about ninjas being over used

The concept art is normally never close to the final product, this is the case in almost every cartoon ever. I get the whole "muh calarts" argument but you fags honestly just need to accept that as a fact. The concept in ops image would never be approved in western animation because it'd be too expensive to animate and cheapos like cn aren't about to start forking over cash for a pilot about some spics. The final designs aren't even that bad 2bh, but now that I see the concepts, they just look bad by comparison.

Well shit user, enlighten us if you're so insightful on the topic

>Hard-Shell Tacos
>Mexican
Yeah no

>Be Mexican
>Mom makes hard shell tacos all the time
I don't know what you're on about, user

>The concept in ops image would never be approved in western animation because it'd be too expensive to animate

Expenses come down to the studio the animation duties are being outsourced to. If the animation were expensive it would only be because of retakes required due to lack of communication between studios (for example, poorly-conveyed storyboarding). The alternative you're suggesting is that the animation is being done in the US or closer to the US. In which case I can imagine amateur animators drawing anything outside of a stabilised circle would be 'too much hard work' and so the artstyle would have to be dramatically dumbed down.

Then you are either a "mexican" in the US or someone who lives in the border cuz hard shell tacos are not a thing in La Republica

If you don't know how to eat those tacos, you are a disgrace pinche gringo

You're both retarded. When the tortilla is greasy with manteca or other oils from the meat it allows for easier handling. If you have stuff falling out that's a good sign because it means the cook stuffed it. Anything else is actually shit that only gets consumed by pussies.

Although I do frequent Taco Bell out of convenience and it has NEVER given me the shits.

It took me a while to realize that this cartoon is settled in Mexico and not Argentina. They were so subtle about that...

Well shit anono, I had to look it up but your right. I guess flautas were invented by Mexicans in the US.

Storyboard's in cartoons are generally way more expressive than the final product. What you posted is a pretty bad case though.

The more complicated the design, the greater the chance of an animation error and shows already have to deal with that all too often even with simple designs. You're suggesting overseas animators are professional and competent but that's not true at all. They honestly don't care, it's just conveniently cheap too give them our work. It's near impossible to regulate the quality that is shipped back to us overseas. Cn also sees shows like ttgo successfully bring in good ratings which is a reason why they push for simple designs. It helps minimizes the work we resend and it still attracts attention from the kids. You do remember that they are the target audience, don't you?

>The more complicated the design, the greater the chance of an animation error

Take a look at the OP again and tell me the level of construction and detail in the concept art is dramatically higher than the finished product.

>fans of it
I just want to note, it's mostly just one or two guys who starts that shit.
Alright, bye.

user it doesn't matter. You see a simple design, execs see liabilities and risks. They don't look at it the same way we do. They wanna make and save money first, provide quality second. You ask me to reevaluate the concept design then fine; compared to the final it's much more detailed. It actually looks like a persons body as apposed to just some shapes.

Meant for

>muh storyboards these foreigners ruined it waah
maybe you should start training american animators for pissant instead of scribbling some boards and calling it a day huh.
at least do the keyframes

My jimmies haven't been this rustled over good concept art being absolutely mangled since that French Robin Hood show that was made into 3-D for whatever reason.

I used to eat Taco Bell every now and again before I got a bad case of food poisoning and now even the thought of that shit makes me sick.

CHICANO
H
I
C
A
N
O

Porque molestarte en explicale a los gringos lo que son los tacos o las tortillas user, es como como querer convercerlos de la pizza o otras comidas que han "adoptado".

>complains about thread derailing
>tries to derail thread into the Loud House house sucks thread.

Exactly my thoughts when Brad Neely moved to TV. Are there any other examples?

youtube.com/watch?v=iyX-pJgQl84

Why do they keep getting away with it?

gay.

I've continued eating at the same Jack in the Box for 20 years, despite needing to go to the hospital for severe dehydration once, plus all the other times ive gotten the squirts.

Its completely random in what careless worker is going to stick their thumb into your food after scratching their crack, at least in fast food where they go through 234 workers every six months per store.

I also don't understand people who stave off meat or soda for months and then say it tastes like poison or whatever ridiculous shit they come up with. Ive gone on stupid fad diets (not for weight reasons, just for following foood fads), thanks to siblings and GFs, and everytime i come back to my favorite foods like a long lost pet.

>we make at the animation sweat shops. From Dragonzballz to Ponies.
Kind of saddens me when Sup Forums shits on canada for animating it's own shows. atleast it's getting better.

Reminds me of what happened when Hanabarbara and filmation pumped out tons of cartoons. Each company stuck to it's own style for all the cartoons too.

3D animation looks so boring and uninteresting to me for some reason. I'm actually worried this may be the end of 2d though.