2017 Thread

With only Sing, Nerdland, and Snow Queen 3 left on the 2016 calendar. Which animated movie excites you in 2017?

Alphabetical Order:

*Animal Crackers
*Ark and the Aardvark
*Blazing Samurai
*Boss Baby
*Breadwinner
*Captain Underpants
*Cars 3
*Coco
*Despicable Me 3
*Emoji Movie
*Ferdinand
*Justice League Dark
*Lego Batman
*Lego Ninjago
*Mutafukaz
*Pone Movie
*Nut Job 2
*Richard The Stork
*Sahara
*Smurfs: The Lost Village
*Spark
*The Star
*Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WngjMUpBalQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Underdog looks like Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.

Anime Godzilla

That's pretty much it

>Mutafukaz
What's this? Doesn't sound like a childrens movie for once.

Captain Underpants better fucking deliver because I loved those books as a kid.

The only ones of these I really care about (or will end up seeing, because I'm guessing a lot of these won't end up in American theaters) Coco, and LEGO Batman. Also maybe Animal Crackers because the premise sounds interesting but I'm not expecting much out of it. Just depends if it gets a release over here or not.

>Korean animation
Here's hoping it's as much of a tearjerker as Leafie.

French-Japanese co-production based on a comic book, with both Ankama and Studio 4°C onboard. It actually looks really promising, very Tekkonkinkreet.
youtube.com/watch?v=WngjMUpBalQ

It's directed by the guy who did leafie.

Also, I forgot Rock Dog.

So is Gigantic not coming out til 2018?

I guess I'll check out Coco in the meantime, but I probably won't go out of my way to see it in theaters unless I hear wildly good things about it or happen to be trying to kill time at the theater while its playing anyway.

Nope. Not till 2018 with Larrikins and Arctic Justice Thunder Squad etc.

>It's directed by the guy who did leafie.
YOO FUCKING HYPE

And the star is D.O. from the Kpop group, EXO. I don't listen to Kpop honestly.

I haven't heard of the movie in your picture until now, but I'm interested. Is that just concept art and will it be CGI like nearly everything these days, or is that picture indicative of how the animation will look? Is it an original story or based on a book/etc?

Thought that was a Balto sequel shudders]/spoiler]

is that even the full list or is it just america shit

Not including anime or some minor foreign films.

That image is the only image so far. I don't know what it will look like or whether it was an original idea or book based and it began production in January 2016. No release date has been announced for 2017.

Here's the synopsis: >Moongchi, a stray dog who is separated from his owner. Disenchanted by his abandonment, Moongchi embarks on an adventure to discover a realm devoid of humans, leading a pack of other dogs along the way.

"Underdog" is described as an inspirational film, centered on themes of self-discovery and freedom, as the group of young canines attempts to find their place in the world, apart from serving as companions to humans.

Outside of this list, I'm waiting for:
>Big Bad Fox
>The Girl Without Hands
>Loving Vincent
>The Thousand Miles

Considering that the director's previous film was 2D, this might be too.

Only one I'm really looking forward to is the Lego Batman Movie.

I was not hype before but i am now.
>Loving Vincent
My fucking nigga. I also didn't know anything about there being a movie of Big Bad Fox, thanks for the heads up.

Leafie isn't 2D.

Yes it is. No 3D glasses needed.

I'm interested in seeing how Cartoon Saloon tackles a movie that isn't about an irish transforming girl

It's digitally animated but it seems like it's 2D.

No shit. The poster is replying to is asking if OP's pic will be CG. Leafie was CG, so replying to that question saying it's 2D (implying traditionally animated as opposed to CG) is misleading, even though "durr, but it's TECHNICALLY true." Pay fucking attention to the conversation at hand and get your head out of your ass.

The girl may be muslim, but she does transform. Into a reverse trap.

>Breadwinners has a Movie

Nickelodeon has really fucked

Kek you just mad cause you have a dumb definition of 2D no one agrees with. Digital aint cgi.

No, it's a separate entity based on a pre existing book with the title "The Breadwinner", and it's being done by Cartoon Saloon, the people that did Song of the Sea and Secret of Kells. It'll look like this.

Does Rock Dog count? It's releasing in America in February.

>Despicable me 3
WHAT THE CHIRSTICLES

>that poster
Dogfags must be happy.