Discussion

How would you make Spider-Man 3 if given the chance?
Discuss

Cut sandman

Remove "studio interference", execute raimikino.exe as was done for 1 and 2, done.

I'd cut out all the weird antisemitic stuff.

Cut out Sandman. Have the Venom symbiote be something synthesized by Oscorp or some shit, perhaps as a weapon Harry uses against Peter which backfires. Get someone besides Eric Forman to play Venom.

I wouldn't change anything. It's kino.

get sandman to play venom

this. when i first saw him cast i thought he was going to play Eddie Brock

cut eddie brock and the whole two intersecting love triangles bullshit. if eddie had been introduced in a previous movie, OK, but when he supposedly has an all-consuming hatred of spider-man and we've known him for 15 minutes of screentime, it rings false. and the love triangles are just a dumb retread of the first two movies -- didn't MJ choosing to stand by peter in spite of everything at the end of Spider-Man 2 mean that part of the story was over?

cut sandman being THE REAL KILLER of uncle ben. also cut or alter sandman's backstory with the sick daughter since it goes nowhere

cut harry getting amnesia

have some acknowledgment at the beginning that time has past in-universe, because it's always been weird to me that it feels like years after spider-man 2 but apparently harry found the goblin shit, swore revenge... and then just sort of hung out and went to MJ's plays and shit. have harry become a howard hughes-type recluse and say nobody's seen him the night since doc ock died. peter's life is now perfect except for the lingering anxiety about where harry is and how they left things. peter looking for harry could be what drives the first act.

if you have to have the symbiote and venom, find a better way to do it than a fucking meteor that lands by chance next to spider-man. make it an OsCorp project or some shit.

have harry's realization that his dad was an asshole and his subsequent forgiveness of peter hinge on something better than HIS BUTLER FUCKING TELL ONLY AFTER HIS FACE GOT BLOWN OFF

i think that's all the main stupid shit, right?

>>cut sandman being THE REAL KILLER of uncle ben. also cut or alter sandman's backstory with the sick daughter since it goes nowhere

if it went anywhere, you'd complain that it took too much screentime

the point of his sick daughter is to give his character motivation for becoming a criminal. it doesn't make sense to expand on it further than that

I can't imagine how bad the rest of your post is when you don't understand exposition 101

Triple H as Venom.

Underrated

and that exposition pays off when...? we're told that we should have empathy for sandman instead of actually having empathy for him. screentime is wasted on his wife and daughter when they it has no payoff, we never see them again, his relationship to them is never meaningfully dwelt on again. sandman literally just exits the story stage left. it's incredibly weak storytelling. either flesh out what's there or don't have it in the movie.

You mean the symbiote right

Why?

>have some acknowledgment at the beginning that time has past in-universe, because it's always been weird to me that it feels like years after spider-man 2 but apparently harry found the goblin shit, swore revenge... and then just sort of hung out and went to MJ's plays and shit. have harry become a howard hughes-type recluse and say nobody's seen him the night since doc ock died. peter's life is now perfect except for the lingering anxiety about where harry is and how they left things. peter looking for harry could be what drives the first act.
>peter looking for harry could be what drives the first act.

This sounds so much better than what they went with.

I'd probably make it with a bunch of cool fight scenes, but make it funny, but still with a compelling story. hbu?

this desu

Only part I liked was Venom.

>do dream sequence from issue 258
>cut sandman is ben killer
>cut lots of bizarre filler
>do goblin harry but better
I mean there's more but don't want TLDR

is this todd macfarlane? he's doing a decent job of emulating steve ditko here.