Marvel Overshadows The DC Films Universe In This Year's Critics Choice Awards Nominations

comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/marvel-overshadows-the-dc-films-a147212

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk&t=834s
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean, that's not surprising.
Marvel films from this year were by and large much better than the smattering of DC films we saw.

Let me guess, only Skwad got nominations, right?

Both BvS and Skwad got one nomination each both for best actress

>both for best actress

in an action movie

Tilda will win

FUCK

MARVEL

>Shills Choice Awards
Fixed.

inb4 DCfag; I've watched all the MCU so far and at this point I know when critics are being bribed.

WE AWARDS SEASON NOW MOTHERFUCKERS
when do the Oscars get announced I can't wait to see how many civil war is going to get

Damn. I guessed "shills" would be within five posts, but it was the sixth.

he technically isnt wrong about that first part

You and I both know that neither DC nor Marvel will get any Oscars beyond "Best Special Effects" (if that), unless an actor dies. Great as Ledger's performance was in The Dark Knight, I think we can all agree that the Academy Awards are run by stodgy old bastards who don't give a damn about superhero movies.

is anyone surprised by this? With exception of Apocalypse critics ate the marvel offerings up, despite them being objectively poorly made films.

That said, i really like BvS and parts of Squad but they were never going to heavy hitters with the appalling editing they had, its a shame producers wont just put out the films their directors actually make.

>Inb4 i get called a dcfag
Punisher '89 is my favourite capeshit film

so Gal is on the best actress category. LOL

when they succeed it is because of a conspiracy, and yet when they fail it is attributed to the movie itself?
sounds like you just want to see marvel fail, and cannot comprehend the fact that most people do in fact like it, a lot

>like you just want to see marvel fail
you're on Sup Forums, at this stage how could you not?

>>Inb4 i get called a dcfag
>Punisher '89 is my favourite capeshit film

Ah so you're not a DCasual, you're just an insufferable twat with shit taste. Got it.

apo wasn't a marvel offering

thanks for the input user, can see that you're an intelligent poster who really wants to contribute to the discussion.

because this is Sup Forums - MCU

you probably shouldn't be here if you don't love these movies

probably shouldn't be on Sup Forums either though

marvel film, as was deadpool. Then again i dont see either listed there so i probably shouldn't of mentioned it.

Fuck company warz

wars need two sides

out of interest what is the Sup Forums consensus on them overall?

>and yet when they fail
Name a failed Marvel movie in the eyes of critics.

Fant4shit

this. ledger probably wouldnt have been nominated if he didnt pass away. after that happened people were petitioning he be recognized with a nomination for his final role, and the academy would look like assholes to not do it.

Look Marvel sucks at comics, DC comics are great! Dc movies suck but marvel movies are pretty fun.

consensus indicates that these statements are widely held

>despite them being objectively poorly made films
Fuck off with this bullshit.

well its true.
Civil war's only real credit was the guy who played Crossbones and Black Panther (Zemo was good to but not a very good adaptation). Otherwise it had awful cinematography, special effects, editing, choreography, aesthetics, score, loyalty to source material and writing and for the most part, performances also.

Strange was a bit better, but still had essentially all the same failings attributed to iron man 2 or thor 2.

No one is saying you cant enjoy them user, but that doesn't make them good.

Who will unfuck themselves first: Marvel Comics or DC/WB films?

I think Marvel's close to hitting bottom which will force them to toss out their terrible progressive pandering to go back to what makes money. WB are making just enough cash to be unhappy and want to executive meddle but not enough to make any major changes like firing Zack Snyder into the sun.

>objectively

Stop acting like your personal opinions are facts you Sup Forums faggot.
You're not a film critic. You're not a film scholar. Stop acting like your parroted opinions have any validity to them.

>Punisher '89 is my favourite capeshit film

Now THAT is an objectively terrible movie with terrible cinematography, editing, acting, faithfulness to source material, score, directing etc.

I question your taste in everything.

>You're not a film critic
he did as much as any other critic does

The majority of Sup Forums hates the MCU and thinks the DCEU is capekino

But its true, and dont act like most film critics review films objectively either because they dont.
You're not just upset because i talked shit about your favourite films are you user?

oh i know that and i agree with you (Except for the cinematography being bad), but i like it for nostalgia as i always watched it on VHS as a kid alongside Cobra.

>Otherwise it had awful cinematography, special effects, editing, choreography, aesthetics, score
But you're wrong.

c'mon dude

i mean

why you gotta lie like that?

>But it's true
You're not the authority on anything film related my contrarian friend.

And there's not a better way to spot a Sup Forums casual than the usage of the word "objective".

What is wrong with this?

Trailer gifs?

why you gotta lie like that?

fucking hell user here you write like a whiny bitch who got upset when someone said you had shit taste.

And there's no better way to spot a retard who knows nothing about film than someone who unironically think CW was a good film.

dude, the cgi is awful in them and its awfully shot. The shitty CW shows recently released some shots of their upcoming shows that managed to pull a far better group shot than CW (the film did). I mean its hardly good but its far more dynamic than CW.

and shit dudeare you trying to say this is good cinematography or use of cgi or something? because its either awful or bland as shit.

you have completely wowed me with you're compelling argument user well done, you clearly are a intelligent person.

>s-s-stop

>Implying im a dc fanboy
ffs user

both of you are full of shit

again, what a compelling argument

now tell me five films you have seen more than once that are older than 1940.

>both

youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk&t=834s

>you have to watch old movies to get compelling arguments

ok user, thats nice :)

if you're gonna argue you have knowledge on film then yeah, it kind of helps, you nonce.
Also a MSPaint .jpg is now a compelling argument?

Would you just make good on your name already you absolute waste of matter.

>critics
Who gives a fuck what these shits think?

would you get a good argument?

>would you get a good argument?

I'm not even the guy arguing with you, I'm just sick of seeing your shitposting and attention whoring.

>Implying im gonna watch that shit
>Literally just proving you cannot even think for yourself to come up with any convincing argument to contradict my points.
u dumb as shit nigga

>shitposting and attention whoring.
nigga, i've only commented to people who replied to me, how in anyway is that attention whoring or shitposting. Or are you just the same person?

>Implying im gonna watch that shit
>Too dumb to watch a video
>Wonders why no one bothers with him

The film is a critical and financial smash hit that fans love.

Who gives a shit about a random on Sup Forums?

>Marvel and DC have published plenty of great comics
>Disney and Warner Bros. are responsible for countless incredible cartoons
>people would rather shitpost about liveaction movies

you evidently do as you keep responding.
>u dumb as shit nigga
top kek

You're shitposting because your posts are shit.
You're attention whoring because you're a faggot who thinks his opinion matters enough to slap a shitty name on it whilst shitposting on an Indonesian cum connoisseur forum.

wait till next wensday for any good comics discussion man, or y'know, make a thread.

damn dude, pretty sure you're autistic.

good contribution to the discussion by the way.

the power of the mouse shekels

>thanks for the input user, can see that you're an intelligent poster who really wants to contribute to the discussion.
You're not too intelligent either pal, if you think your opinion stand above everyone else's.

>now tell me five films you have seen more than once that are older than 1940.
Why does user have too? I mean I'm old too but fuck does any network show anything around 1940 that anyone will just have time to watch?

when did i say that user?
most films channels user, and a large majority of that era is online for free anyway

>31 posters
>75 replies
Desperate DCfags are going into Maximum Samefagging Overdrive

You didn't say it, obviously. But you did imply it by saying it was an objective fact about the movies you were criticizing.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, sire.

its mostly me and one marvelfag to be honest

>But you did imply
not really, simply because i spoke objectively doesn't mean i consider myself more intelligent, then again looking through this thread...

perhaps you're right peasant.

>objectively
It's not objective, though. It's subjective.

Other people may not share the same view as you, sire.

It's mostly you

but it isnt subjective, the film had terrible cinematography, cgi, score etc. You cant deny it as its literally on the screen as you watch it.

The only way you could think otherwise is if you dont actually watch many films or simply refuse to believe anything that goes against your view on things.

probably, guess you should stop replying then, huh.

Dr strange made me physically cringe in theaters. At 27 years of age, Ive truly had enough. Only if based evans gets screen time will i watch another marvel family romp.

>"beyonce?"

and water is wet

>the film had terrible cinematography, cgi, score etc. You cant deny it as its literally on the screen as you watch it.
Yes, I can deny it. And unless you present more compelling evidence to clarify your argument aside from images and gifs then I am not going to believe you.

>The only way you could think otherwise is if you dont actually watch many films or simply refuse to believe anything that goes against your view on things.
My favourite films are 12 Angry Men, Suspiria and Metropolis. And of course I'll refuse to believe those things if someone says they're objective when they're clearly subjective.

>*Popularity Choice Awards
fixed it for you

You mean the company that makes entertainingly bland movies is better liked than long, morose nonsense?

I say this as someone who is sick to shit of Cape movies

As a black comic fan who's favorite character was replaced and hates with a passion what marvel has become I hope this is true

i posted some earlier evidence of that in the thread user, and all that i got responded with was screen caps that only furthered my point. but from your point of view using images from a film when talking about bad cinematography isnt a valid point so its a bit like arguing with a brick wall here.

You want a good film that have multiple fighting at once and has good choreography? look at any shaw brothers film or even Chow Yun Fat action films.

>My favourite films are 12 Angry Men, Suspiria and Metropolis.
ok? that nice, my favourite films are Phantom of the Paradise, A Lady in the Dunes and Lady Snowblood, not that this proves anything or goes against what i said.

How about you post some examples of good cinematography or choreography from the film?

Iron Man 2 was considered pretty unsalvageable, if I remember right.

>that pencil dick

lol

Except and don't exactly look like bad cinematography, the composition is very good and the colors contrast to show a darker focal point within the picture, creating a foreboding mood.

>You want a good film that have multiple fighting at once and has good choreography? look at any shaw brothers film or even Chow Yun Fat action films.
Okay, I wasn't talking about fight choreography but how was it bad? Present evidence. I don't care if Shaw Brothers or Chow Yun Fat films have good fight choreography, we weren't talking about them previously.

ok? that nice, my favourite films are Phantom of the Paradise, A Lady in the Dunes and Lady Snowblood, not that this proves anything or goes against what i said.
It does, you said I don't watch many films and I do.

>How about you post some examples of good cinematography or choreography from the film?
Unlike a lot of other people on this board I don't take screenshots of films for the sake of starting arguments with others.

Fuck, nevermind. I guess any bland 5/10 gets a 70% and a Certified Fresh these days if they're inoffensive enough.

>
>
>
>
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

>posts a only headline and a link

When did this place literally become reddit?

Not true, Mad Max got nominated for everything last year including Best Director and Best Picture. Comic book movies are just not really that good aside from a few out liars like TDK, they're content with just playing it safe and making middle of the road blockbusters to make as much money as possible.

>at the very least enjoyable films are liked more that boring, depressing slogs that totally betray the characters
I'm shocked. Haven't they read any of the BvS essays? Don't they realize how super deep and amazing it really is?