Asterix and the falling sky Storytiming

Here is probably the weirdest and often considered like the worst Asterix issue.

Why would you do this to us?

I thought you were cool OP but you're just another Larry.

Fuck You OP, what did we ever do to you?

Oh god no

Thanks OP for story timing this. Only 10 more books before I can boast that I have read every Asterix book.

God, this comic is such a fucking trainwreck.
Its like a shitty Asterix fan fiction.

and it's actually official...

>Nagmas

subtle.

Thats the worst part about it.
At this moment you realize that a good part of this comic is basically a "Damn those kids today and their newfangled ways that I don´t understand and don´t want to understand!" rant in comic form of a bitter old man that fears to be not relevant anymore.

Ladies and gentlemen: The fucking climax of the comic.

I get that the guys name is an anagram of manga, but the yellow skin and slanty eyes are a bit much.

You were right though, this really is just an old man complaining about "those kids these days and their rap music".

it was not me but another user.
there are also the other purple one who's called "Toon" and looks like Mickey Mouse without nose and ears.

So what exactly is the point of this? What is this even commenting on?

Anime

The point is that western comics are great and manga is for creepy shitcunts, just like in real life.

You know, in France, we got this genius comedy writer Goscinny who made everything he touched pure gold.

When he died, most of the associated artists were revealed for the hacks they were.

It's a shame his name got attached to that reactionary piece of shit. Uderzo is one of the worst human beings in the industry.

the end.
some interesting opinions about this masterpiece Sup Forums?

You know, it's funny. When a long running franchise has an absolutely terrible story, it ends with it never happening, or with everyone forgetting it happened.

I'll never forgive Uderzo for this. Asterix should have ended with Goscinny

It's selfreflecting. It's commenting on how the makers of this comic have decided to sell out.

Growing up with Asterix back in the day and reading this piece of thrash for the first time now, I'm pretty inclined to believe you.
What a fucking horrible product of misguided efforts.
Shame on who did this.

Will Asterix have an equivalent to pic related?

I haven't read this Lucky Luke one and don't know it.
Is this worth reading?

You should read the original serie first.

I did. A long while back though, but I did. Maybe not all, but I remember the vibe.

But I take it you recommend it then?

Yes.