m.youtube.com/watch?v=h51376UhFb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>posts a still image
Do you know what "animation" is?

*Artstyle
And you first.

YOU'RE terrible animation.

This flip book I made of your mom.

Pretty much any frame, any animation, any still, hell any piece of concept art from that cartoon will do.

You first

I'm not sure if this is brilliant bait accidentally or on purpose

I can't post the entire Steven Universe series.

Nice (you)ing.

Stay mad.

wtf, Nintendo? That's like one frame of animation in that movie. Or you even trying?

youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0aoVpFCDw

>terrible animation
That's not a gif, so we can't see whether the animation is good.

I just watched this episode. It doesn't look better in motion.

I noticed this immediately in tonight's episode. The animation was last astoundingly shit tonight. However, this episode was like the only good episode of season 4 ,

If this isn't bait, you're an actual retard.
I repeat, if this isn't bait, I want you to be aware you're a retard.

I've seen worse when it comes to perspective stuff.

Not even an edit to make the characters look funny by standing still. Literally the "oh fuck the deadline is tomorrow" shot.

What the fuck was Oogie Boogie's problem anyway?

Okay that's pretty stiff, yikes.

So su general?

WEW
E
W

yo im crying

>That line work on Pearl

HOLY LAZINESS.

Have a little cream for your sore little button hole.

Yo is this legit?
You pinkie promise you didn't edit this?
This is terrible, lmao

Looks like you're gonna need two bottles of anal cream.

you screwheads going to start a thread like this every time a new episode comes out? Because it was unfunny the first time.

Likewise, mr. cartoons make me upset.

Make that three.

ITT stop liking what I don't like

Saying a show has shitty animation is far from being upset m80. Being butthurt and calling people tards for thinking so is being upset.

Four.

So this.................... is the power................... of the cartoon that CN fans say is better than The Loud House or Star vs the Forces of Evil.................................. whoa

youtu.be/EO8jbbYEbnc?t=2m50s

Skip to 2min 50sec if it doesn't already.

He wanted to be in charge of Halloween Town

It looks a lot better slowed down like that.

Oh, sorry, is this just a SU thread?

No, it's just that limited animation is far more noticeable in a cartoon that wants to have drama and action. If a cartoon is just a straight comedy and isn't trying to look Looney Tuney (Like Mighty Magiswords which is horrendously stiff), the limited animation often works in the cartoons favor because it's funnier than if it were animated properly.

Make it bait.
Low quality, poor bait. Where's the good bait, folks? If I'm elected janitor, I promise to bring back the good baitposts, shitposting will thrive in quarantined threads and anons will have civil discourse about waifus, spamfus, any and all kinds of fus.
Believe me, if it was up to me, Sup Forums would already be great.
But it's time, it's time to take a stand, folks. It's time we made Sup Forums great again.

Five.

Six.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI

If Rebecca Sugar was experienced enough, she would understand how to do action using limited art style and animation while still making it compelling. Usually the trick is by having the visuals be so engaging and basically be like moving illustrations to lure in the audience and make them take the art vs. pay attention to the animation. But Sugar isn't experienced so the only time the show looks good is when the board artists trace over dances from YouTube for fusion scenes.

>is when the board artists trace over dances from YouTube for fusion scenes.
Hey, don't forget the Pearl vs Amethyst scene.

>The best animation in the show is done by storyboard artists
>Even then the Korean studio fucks up the clean up

Sugar seems to have purposely chosen a studio that still did pencil tests traditionally out of admiration for "old school days" while failing to realize that maybe if she had picked a studio that animated purely digital, shit would look a lot better and might even save them a bit on budget.

>the cartoon that CN fans say is better than The Loud House
Not much of a challenge.

don't respond to bait, dumbass

Does she have a choice on picking studios that are actually good? I'm pretty sure modern CN can't afford anything above Cheap as fuck Koreans.

You first.

The studios who worked on early Star Vs, Wander, the Mickey shorts, and Loud House are good. Titmouse also does great work. And showrunners are allowed to choose their studios. But it's a balance thing: Do you want your show to look very obviously digital but have great animation or do you want your show to look more hand-drawn but be very stiff as a result? Most modern toons that aren't done in Toonboom or a digital program equivalent, such as Clarence, We Bare Bears, Gravity Falls, and Milo Murphy's Law, are the latter. It's very rare a show is able to have their cake and eat it too with stuff like Superjail.

Is Garnet moving to dodge before the opponent swings an intentional thing, or just poor animation that happens to have an in-universe excuse?

Probably not intended but she is able to see the future and could have just used that to avoid the swings. So their ass is covered at least.

It's intentional because she has future vision, but it still looks awful.

Nice repeating integers

Thanks m8

At least they're still on-model.

Shit, now I REALLY wanna watch samurai jack

Losing a lot from the storyboards as payment.

I hate it so much too. A lot of people just spout ignorance all the time.

It does lose a lot of the extra life from the storyboards to the final product. That's really just testament to how good the storyboards are though. Compare it to what passes as a storyboard for Adventure Time or Steven Universe...

These images have pretty much lost all meaning. May as well link your tumblr blog post telling us how that Sup Forums post Chrono Triggered you.

Reminds of how expressive the robot chicken storyboards are, and how they get watered down for stop motion

Would it kill these these multi-billion dollar corporations to hire some actual animators instead of having some underpaid sweatshop workers do it?

I'm not expecting Disney quality here, but for fuck's sake your showrunners deserve better than this.

Did they?

Damn does the final dog look like shit. Those legs.

... Did he? When did he say that? He just seemed to want to fuck shit up for no reason.

Considering they use literally the same studio for most of their shows these days (Sunmin, aka the same chucklefucks who did gif related). I think this is CN's choice through and through.

I know nothing of wasp and kittydog.

Does the fat girl have Mr. Fantastic stretchy powers?

Wasn't this like a 2 second cutaway joke just before the cut to the end credits?

The problem is all good animators are from Japan.

This show has no idea of timing or weight right? Could be the Worst Korean's fault, which is sad you take the animation out of the equation what's left but the Gay Nigger Rocks from Outer Space

it's perspective

*all good animators are from Europe.

To be honest, South Park has the thing you said much worse (pic related).

Unfortunately, unless they start making episodes with a production timespan of nine months which would be a very bad thing for South Park, we will never achieve expressiveness anything close to the storyboards on the show.

ok im sure you do

Fucking Tartakovsky, I want to have his disgusting Gopnik babies. You make a really good point. I feel like at times SU tries way too hard to be like a high budget anime film/OVA, even though it's a cheap cartoon show. This doesn't mean it has to be bad. Hell old HB cartoons (the early good ones) had limited animation but looked good with great color theory and cute character designs. Anime does a similar thing. You will get cost cutting techniques galore, but the poses make up for it as they still show action and then all of a sudden you get a money shot it may be ONE money shot but it's better than a whole shitty episode. The best example I can give is Kill La Kill.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=h51376UhFb4
Makko's animation is highly limited but her poses convey what's going on and they real well, it's just like golden age Hannah Barbera. what the everloving fuck reads well about this:

South Park making 22-minute content in 7 days is a marvel in and of itself, this is one of the few cases where not making the storyboards is literally "who cares holy shit they changed the election episode 12 hours before it had to air".

I really want to see South Park done through traditional animation

This isn't even bad, especially reltive to the rest of the show.

One.

No.

Well, maybe. But I'm fairly certain that's not what's supposed to be happening here.

>This show has no idea of timing or weight right? Could be the Worst Korean's fault

You just answered your own question, and the one time they finally outsourced animation to Japan instead of Gookea, they just had to go with the most shitty choppy studio EVER! and just for a sequence.

No wonder they traced the fight scene from Utena.

Correct.

The animation of SU is generally awful except the one episode a Japanese animator collaborated or when Sugar takes a more active role in boarding.

The animation was actually better in a few select scenes in Season 1. I don't know what happened to that.

Yeah it seems no one can escape the clutches of the incompetence of Worst Korea. It may not even be their problem to be fair. John K once said that when he was working on the Yogi Bear shorts he and his animators would make really eccentric lively poses for their characters. It would come back to the States from Peonyang or wherever, and everything would look stiff as shit, it got to the point where he had to send notes after notes detailing what NOT to do as well as how layouts work as Worst Koreas had no concept of it. America doesn't even make its own animations except in the movies everything including key poses gets sent to some poor grunts in Korea who are supposed to only do grunt (inbetween) work. Richard Williams once said that a bad inbetween can kill a good key animation, well we don't even do key animations so everything is ruined. A key animation is supposed to capture the energy of the Storyboards and the layouts, might explain why Murrican TV animation looks like Gorilla butt

>the background people are LITERALLY STATIC!

How is that different from these abominations, still looks floaty but less spastic