Why was getting a reservation at Dorsia such a big deal?

Why was getting a reservation at Dorsia such a big deal?

Delete this thread

>No dubs
Delete this thread

checkem

He had to make sure he could get a seat in time to check these dubs

If Paul could get a res, Patrick felt like he could too (which he couldn't).
It was a big deal.

But Paul knew a guy, right?

because the other guy did get a reservation at dorsia. same reason he get upset at bryces(?) business card

It's most likely Paul knew a guy.

CHECK IBUKI'S DIGITS!

Why did everyone think Patrick was a loser?

Because he literally orgasmed when he saw a business card

Because they were all psychos and patrick was being a pussy about it.

and this

How long until someone gets 88888888? I'm thinking about staying up all night to wait for it. I mean its eight eights! Those are really serious digits. Its like a solar eclipse or something. I really dont want to miss out on that experience.

nice

Dubs

Things are getting interesting now.

NO
CAN
DO

I got an 8:30 res at dorsia.

For the sea urchin ceviche

GREAT
DUBS
CEVICHE

I did it I fucking did it! Get in here everyone!

>he hasnt been in dorsia
TAKE A LOAD on these dubs

Im...pressssive

also jannies and mods delete derailed get threads

good job buddy.

But check these.

it wasn't, nobody goes to dorsia anymore

Nice. Now please excuse me, I have to return some videodubs

It's very cool Halberstram, but that's nothing. Look at this.

He's fucking autistic, he annoys his house guests with analysis of Huey Lewis and likes putting cats into ATMs.

You like Huey Lewis and the dubs?

>archeological evidence proves this dish has been made by pre-Columbians for millenia
>the Quecha word for it is "siwichi", obviously the source of "ceviche"
>(((academics))) agree it was brought by Moors and the name comes from the Arabic "assukkabáǧ", which means "cooked in vinegar", even tho ceviche is NOT cooked, and doesn't use vinegar

Academia was a mistake.

is that a gram?

Nah, he was upset at Allen's business card. He was upset that Bryce perferred van patton's card.

Its odd, because in the film Bateman expresses genuine fondness of Bryce; he says Bryce is the most interesting man he knows, and is the only one of his "friends" he seems to actually act friendly with and towards. He also genuinely cares about his opinions (such as when he gets annoyed at bryce perferring van patton's card).

Also OP, the Dorsia reservation was a big deal because it was almost impossible to get; you had to have connections and be a big name. It was pretty much the creme de la creme of NY society, and Patrick was locked out of it despite everything, which he hated as a man obsessed with status. Meanwhile, Paul Allen is able to ring up and get a reservation that very evening. The fact that Patrick's assistant requested Dorsia as the restaurant for their date is probably what prompted Bateman to plan on killing her.

A lot of people say that Patrick was just imagining it all; that he was just a boring doormat and everything "out there" was just in his mind. But the film is open to interpretation; if could be that, because of how impersonal everything is, everyone just assumes bateman is someone else, like how no one knows who paul allen is (even bateman himself incorrectly identifies a man as paul allen at the beginning of the film)

Very nice

Lucky jew bastard

It's a status thing. Dorsia itself doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not you're important enough to be there.

>you will never be an 80's yuppie

why even live?

>you will never be an 80's yuppie
GOOD

Because a huge theme of the film is social status which is represented by Dorsia and dubs

Jesus, quit it with the antisemitic remaks

You realize they made BANK, right?

I wouldn't give a flying fuck about "muh superficial life", as if anyone elses life is any less superficial; its just as bad, they just don't have any fucking money.

Because the food is good :)

Oh shit

Lets see Paul Allen's dubs.

Bateman... easy on the dubs

in the book patrick states how only absolute top elite is able to reserve a table at dorsia in like few months in advance

only joos get dubs itt

Look I know you want a Pepsi but have a diet Pepsi-Cola instead. It goes down smoother.

Don't stare at it, eat it

What the fuck

Because he was off by 1

These digits. Daddy wants?

GOODBYE FUCKHEADS

What's NYC's real life equivalent of Dorsia?

Dorsia

...very nice

DUDE

>deleted scenes

I mean I know it happens in the book but still