If you were a superhero with powers, what would be your stances on killing supervillains?

If you were a superhero with powers, what would be your stances on killing supervillains?

The same as cop's stance: killing as a last resort.

It depends on a few factors. Am I nigh-invincible, or will I potentially need to use lethal force to defend myself?

Also, does every mass murderer I imprison mysteriously end up back on the streets a week later?

It depends on how effectively I could be punished for my actions. If I were Superman tier, then I would probably not hesitate to kill a criminal who has, or is about to, kill someone else.

I would kill all of my villains given the chance, and I'd actively look for new villains

To some people I assume this wouldn't make me much of a hero at all, and I'd be ok with that

Fuking checked

This. A lot of factors to consider. My level of strength and ability, the severity of my super villains, the success of the local court system, how do the local civilizans feel towards the concept. I won't go killing petty crooks willy nilly, and if the courts keep criminals behind bar,s I won't slaughter mass murderers.

>killing your villain

Why would you want to put yourself out of work?

can the situation be resolved without killing?
can another way be found?
have all other options been tried?
how much time is left before more die?
is the perp currently endangering people, or restrained?

killing is never to be done lightly, and should only be done as a last resort, if it is considered at all. you should also be willing to take anu punishment or reprimand as a result of your action, it was your decision and your decision alone, and should accept any judgement passed as a result

i would be a supervillain and romance other supervillains
we'd kidnap sidekicks and make a date out of it

What's my world like? What's my powers? My enemies' powers? Their crimes?

Most likely I'd kill the supervillain murderers.

>Play with toys: thieves go to jail, but it's mostly murderers are killed, thought to be killed, or escape
>Write a comic: thugs go to jail and murderers are killed
>Write a manga: murderers and "robots" are killed, anti-villains are beat up until they change their minds or become far weaker to be a threat

There's a pattern there somewhere.

Depends on the powers. If I'm like Spider-man with organic web, then of course I don't kill, there's no need to. But most damaging stock powers, most "non-lethal" weapons, and even a normal punch to the face can sometimes be fatal, it's just rare.
So I'm going to end up killing a few people whether I like it or not. If that's bad for PR, then I'll just have to avoid violence altogether as much as possible, because all the moral standards in the world won't physically set my fists to stun.

>implying you get paid
yeah cause spiderman is just swimming in that dosh

Depends on how well I can hide my identity. If I'm anonymous i would kill anyone with superpowers without question.

Full-on Frank.

Wasted Get :(

Yes, he is.

Id kill every last one of them, you can bite my ass if you think Ill show them mercy HURR DURR JUST REHABILITATE THEM BRO no fucking way they all gonna die painfully.

I wouldn't kill them but i'd bring comprehensive evidence against them in court collected via my superpowered capabilities; more than enough to have them killed if deemed necessary by the state or imprisoned which would work because we don't live in a comic book. Beyond that, if i believe noone else is capable of doing it and i believe it needs done i'll do it myself and take responsibility for it in court

If it was the only way to stop them.

>I would kill anyone with superpowers without question.

Anyone? Not just villains?

This, unless they were a confirmed killer, rapist, etc
The'n it's immediate execution, everytime no questions

I'd like to think that I'd do the same, but I'm pretty unstable and would probably jump off the slippery slope, justifying way too many situations as "a last resort".

Yh what are you gonna stop me? Ill kill you and your family and maybe even blow up your city while Im at it because Im literally superior to you since I have powers you are just an insect to me so your life is of no worth period.

Sounds like we should just execute you know and prevent a crime

My thoughts exactly man. Why should we pay for a murderer to be in prison. Anyone that's committed rape doesn't deserve the chance to lI've and do it again

No. If you see fit to make yourself judge, jury, and executioner, then you are no better than the scum who kill for fun.
Everybody has the right to a fair trial and a fair sentence. It's the American way.

If I were a superhero, you'd better believe I'd be collecting fat government checks just like any other law enforcement official.

I'd have no problem killing supervillains. I'd try my best not to harm petty criminals or henchmen though.

Haha yeah except merc'ing heroes and villains indiscriminately would earn you the top mark of the shit list of all heroes and villains and you'd get your edgy shit pushed in

This desu

Checked.

I think that if we're to assume that the rest of humanity is nearly entirely mundane, and without powers, and my family and friends fall into that percentage... I'd be protective as hell for them against asshole Metahuman criminals.

So I would go with a "one strike" policy. The first time I catch a super powered criminal threatening the lives of people with their powers or using them for self gain in a harmful fashion, I'd turn them into the cops if I could catch them.
If they're released and end up doing the same thing again, it's time for them to disappear. To me, the powers ARE a responsibility.

I took a vow of nonviolence so the question is what are my fucking powers?

I wouldn't do it unless they make me mad

I'll probably actually steal shit using my newfound powers

I'd much rather prefer to mindrape them. In other words, Ultimate Xavier did nothing wrong other than letting that faggot Beast join the X-Men.

Think of a better and productive way to punish them

Only kill if necessary

Or only kill if the villain is on a cosmic interdimensional scale

How?

Kill only when reasonable in self-defence, or defence of others.

The textbook "there's always a better way" approach of most Superheroes is pretty naive, and leaves a lot of innocent people dead.

Fuck you too, Billy Butcher.

depends how grimdark villains are
if it's petty shit like inconveniences or robbery, no, of course not, I'm willing to play that game
if it's darker stuff like abusing children or drug trade, yeah, I'd kill
if they're trying to kill me, and have a chance of succeeding, instead of trying to stop me or embarrass me, yeah, I'd kill

I'm willing to stay away from grimdark if the villains are