Movies millennials will never understand

Movies millennials will never understand

Anything not involving a superhero

all movies in general

not even this millennials can understand, trust me, i've seen some shit.

The writer and director of Whiplash is a millennial.

"Howe and Strauss define the Millennial cohort as consisting of individuals born between 1982 and 2004"

you are most likely a millenial... does that mean you didn't understand the film?

how old are you?

This. Unless you're a literal child or over 35 you're a millenial too.

>putting someone born in 2004 in the same generational bracket as someone born in the early 80s

That makes no fucking sense.

>2004
That's probably one of the later limits. I've seen as early as 94, but a lot seem to say 97ish.

Why do elderly Amerifats hate the young and vice versa?

>Dying for kikes and the destruction of your country

I must admit I never will understand that one.

neither does your inability to consistently maintain healthy and beneficial relationships with persons of the opposite sex.

oh sh*t EPiC PWNAGE!!!! XD

>Movies millennials will never understand
>director is literally a numale millennial

It's called Juvenoia and it always existed everywhere.

It's between 1980 and mid late 90's. 2000's kids are generation Z

Yeah I'll never get anything that glorifies globalist wars.

millennials aren’t allowed to make movies

>some typical nobodies define who and what millenials are
>1982 - 2004
>span of 22 years

you're a fucking cuck if you believe this horseshit

The same reason people dislike other cultures, races, sexuality and genders. It's different to what they are used to find/acceptable.

blow it out your collective asses

>Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

OP is retarded.

Why is that such horseshit? Millennial is just another name for generation Y.
>A generation is "all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively." It can also be described as, "the average period, generally considered to be about thirty years, during which children are born and grow up, become adults, and begin to have children of their own.

Also the baby boomers generation were around the 30 year span for example.

millennials are late 80s-mid 90s

You understand it for the 2 hours of watching, then you're left 0 substane to think about afterwards. Bravo nolan.

Where's the australian '90's Queer' Poster when you need him.

Yet you have no problem calling everyone born between the 40s and the 70s a boomer.
Kill yourself, millenial.

Isn't that an entire movie about running away?

Sounds perfectly up millenial alley.

Sorry bud, I was born in 2006 >:)

That's what all the assholes who don't want to be called millennial say.

he's relentlessly handsome

That makes sense.

i am a millennial, why would i deny it, i fucking hate my generation and myself

Millenialism is a state of mind, Howe and Strauss are intellectual cowards casting the widest blanket possible in order to develop plausible deniability when called out

>tfw all I understood was that I'll never experience the drive to strive for greatness
And I liked the music

>not knowing about substane and substane accessories

fpbp

Be very, very careful now.

It makes as much sense as claiming someone born in 1998 is in a totally different generation than someone born in 1994. Even someone born in 1988 isn't that different than someone born ten years later, they both grew up with the internet.

>it's another retard that doesn't know what demographic is meant by millennial episode

its ok, you're a millenial too, user.

>movies millennials will never understand
>movie is about a millennial
>movie was directed by a millennial (damien chazelle is 32)
>this thread is likely started by a millennial who is too retarded to realize he's a millennial, and is being replied to by other millennials too retarded to realize that they're millennials
>this website was started by a millennial for other millennial to discuss anime

Millennials are a generation of humans born between 1982 and 2004. Or 1980 and 2000. Or 1980 and 1995. Or 1981 and 1997. Or 1977 and 1994. Or after 1980. Really, it depends on what thinkpiece article you read. Whatever group of young people older people dislike.

Millenials are people that don't remember a childhood without internet.

32 is not millennial holy shit

>Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe are widely credited with naming the Millennials.[1] They coined the term in 1987, around the time children born in 1982 were entering preschool, and the media were first identifying their prospective link to the new millennium as the high school graduating class of 2000.[2] They wrote about the cohort in their books Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 (1991)[3] and Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation (2000).[2]
>Demographers William Straus and Neil Howe define Millennials as born between 1982–2004.[1] However, Howe described the dividing line between Millennials and the following Generation Z as "tentative", saying "you can’t be sure where history will someday draw a cohort dividing line until a generation fully comes of age". He noted that the Millennials' range beginning in 1982 would point to the next generation's window starting between 2000 and 2006.[50]

It's the oldest a millenial can be. 1985-1995. That is the longest lasting and most pervasive definition. Everything after is gen Z.

see
and eat a dick, the people who LITERALLY INVENTED THE TERM defined it as being born from 1982 onwards

Tbh I think 2001 should be the latest cutoff. In terms of television and film in America there's a pretty big change post 9/11.

It's very firmly millennial. He'd have been 15 in 2000, which means he spent his mid to late teens and early adulthood around the time of the millennium.

At what point is someone not a child? People born in the late 80s could have been on the internet when they were 8.

millenials, for some retarded reason, are the people after X. So the last batch of people to grow up without 24/7 internet connectivity are considered the same as people who grew up with always-online computers in their home and were 7-13 when they got their first iphone.

Do the world a favor and neck yourself then.

how can a 32yo and a 22yo be from the same generation, it has to be shorter, there's no way

well before there was a new phone each month there was no phone any month, things didn't change as fast as they do now, we're at fever pitch

i wish there would be some kind of delayed reaction millennial virus that would kill us all

>the born in the wrong generation
>identify as trans generational to finally impress my father

16. But my mom says I'm mature for my age

MODSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wrong. What is it with Millennials shifting the years of their own generation around? It's like they hate themselves, and eachother, so much that they want to castigate a portion of their own generation.

A decade is too short for a generation.

Generations are longer than 10 years. That's how it works. Deal with it.

>millenials, for some retarded reason, are the people after X

Millennial is Gen Y. Refer to the picture as to why they're called Millennials.

JANITOR!

technology and the internet have caused things to speed up exponentially
generations are getting shorter and shorter as time goes on

Its really simple, 20 years = generation. 60-80 Gen X 81-2001 Millennial (if you really want to sperg you can easily say Nintendo Millennials vs. Smartphone Millennials)

2002-2022 is Gen Z (will probably be VR Gen Z vs. Robotic Generation)

Because they are only ten years apart?

>they are only ten years apart?
>only
>only ten years
>ten years

what are you relentlessly screaming about?

>>putting someone born in 2004 in the same generational bracket as someone born in the early 80s

all generations are like that

>Strauss and Howe define Generation X as those born between 1961–1981

how much do you think someone who was a rebellious teen during punk and who saw the late 70s flowering of a new dark industrial working-class electronic sound(Joy Division, Ultravox, early Human League, The Normal, John Foxx etc.) has in common with a kid who was still watching scooby doo during the second summer of love?

Are you retarded?

Are you retarded?

Are you retarded?

Are you retarded?

Are you retarded?

So you don't even know what a generation is either? You're hopeless user.

82-04 is actually what they say. That's the supposed real definition.

Are you retarded?

Well yeah, they do hate themselves and each other. Definitely each other.

that's retarded
that's 20 fucking years of difference

Are you retarded?

Well I can see what you're saying. Things started moving much faster than they did in the 90s and beyond.

Oh its another episode of
Attention hungry redditor quotes every post to validate his presence on Sup Forums.

How tedious...

Have you ever tried saying something compelling? this is litterally the equivalent of screaming in the restaurant.

>only boomerniggers understand losing
lmaoing @ u rn (laughing my ass off at you right now)

I define it personally as 81-96

The Mummy