Legend of Korra ruined Toph. I really didn't have to see this

Legend of Korra ruined Toph. I really didn't have to see this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lgoohCsKyc
avatarspirit.net/interviews.php?id=19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

have you considered that maybe you are a pedophile

The worst thing Legend of Korra ruined was its own potential.

Korra meeting her ended up being a 100% pointless.

>>Doesn't really teach her anything about beinding.
>>Doesn't teach her about life in general.
>>Korra ends up getting better thanks the bad guy from the last season.

The only thing was Toph removing the poison that was left in her, but they could have just erased that from the plot and it would have been the same.

What a fucking bummer that the last season of the Avatar is her moping during most of the season and literally not doing shit.

The last season of Last Airbender was all about Aang doing the most important shit ever

>Selfish asshole that thinks that she is better than everyone else
That sounds like Toph, alright

can't really see the difference.

Didn't she teach some shit about understanding her enemies?

pointless shit that Tenzin could have done

Could you imagine if the White Lotus pulled the shit Toph did?

>Yeah we can still kick ass and you probably will need our help against the Fire Lord, but fuck that, we're old and saving the world should only be reserved to youngin's. Good fucking luck.

I don't know what's worse between that or denying Old Toph any kind of development and just making her the same young Toph she was in the original series for the sake of pandering.

Totally forgot she even showed up.

The only thing Korra ruined was itself, multiple times. The only time it never went full retard was season 3

>Could you imagine if the White Lotus pulled the shit Toph did?

Well, Zuko would have commanded the Fire Nation troops to withdraw from Ba Sing Se once he became Fire Lord, Sokka and Toph would have still gotten rid of the airships and Aang would have still defeated Ozai.

So not much would have changed.

This guy gets it.

LoK was great, get over it.

>I really didn't have to see this.

At least Toph never saw it...

wow you korra haters keep going dont you

>growing up is a meme

>"My brother and many of my friends are gone"
>But not the main ones, as in two of the ones that helped saved the world that one really important time in history
>please keep watching the show

All I remember was her saying that Korra's enemies believed in nice things but took their concepts way too far.

That was about it.

Seriously. Why did they turn Toph into a turbo slut that got impregnant TWICE by two different men who just didnt give a shit about their daughter?

She enjoyed sex and apparently they haven't invented condoms there yet.

It's getting kinda ludicrous, at this point I think it's one or two people who're absolutely obsessed and keep looking for oppertunities to hate on the show

Anyway, I'm glad that the composer for the show is slowly releasing new tracks from the soundtrack since Viacom is not giving it to us

youtube.com/watch?v=2lgoohCsKyc

That would be entirely in character for her though

In-character for her at twelve years of age when she was being a rebellious brat. Why the hell didn't Toph undergo any character development over the course of sixty odd years?

Bryke had daddy issues.

>a million year old woman now
>still wearing that same dumb hat from when she was a kid

I prefer keeping the characters at least grounded in who they were in A:TLA. Anything's better than the "development" that turned Aang into a boring person and a shitty father.

That should be the official subtitle.
>Legend of Korra: I really didn't have to see this

>I'd rather characters stay stagnant because they fucked up a character for shitty drama

Maybe Bryke are just hacks

>Aang
>a shitty father
What the fuck? He had 3 children to raise WHILE being the Avatar, he did the best he could considering the circumstances

Hat?

he could simply NOT have 3 children, but he couldn't stop until got an airbender because 'muh culture'.

>We have to dress this character the same way they did when they were twelve because the audience is too stupid to realize it's the same person otherwise

Granny Toph was like the only good thing about the whole show though.

She was a spoiled, rich, prodigy that never had to deal with a real challenge. Those people dont mature, they just...ferment

Good one!

>not wanting to save your race

>industrial age
>no condoms

The best thing he could have done is to marry a non-bender that could ensure that he would have plenty of airbender children so no one would be neglected while he is off reviving his dead culture, like Tenzin ended up doing.

But "muh forever girl"

LoK was shit, but not because of Toph.

There's an entire episode about her having to come to terms with the fact that she can't completely get away from being blind.

Remember? With the make-up?

THIS

B-but it's the worst show ever since it didn't live up to my huge ATLA nostalgiafag expectations!

Because,you know,as the Avatar he had to make sure the reincarnation cycle would go on. Also,loving your own people's culture is not a crime,user (not yet,at least).

Don't come at me with that "in the end Korra magicked new airbenders out of thin air LOL",because all this happened before that.

>race
it's a culture, not a race. And it's completely useless to do so, or at least bad to have a kid ONLY to force your culture into him.

>he had to make sure the reincarnation cycle would go on
your point is?

>loving your own people's culture is not a crime,user
having a kid only for the sake of your culture is a dick move. No one really cared about not having airbenders except Aang, and he forced that in his family until he was satisfied.

What's it like to have such shit taste?

He means the ability to airbend, not necessarily the culture. He can't let the actual practice of airbending die off.

For all he knows the cycle might just skip Airbenders from now on.

That didn't change who she was as a person, she just learned to deal with it.

People don't fundamentally change (outside of brain damage). They only learn to channel their eccentricities in positive or negative ways.

>He means the ability to airbend
Zaheer was just fine, and the avatar has past lives. There is nothing to lose by letting it die.

>Zaheer was just fine
Zaheer was fine because he was the equivalent of a weaboo for air nomad culture

You sound just like gen 6 fags on /vp/

I sure am glad I haven't watched past season 2 of Korra. It feels like it's only been disappointment

>your point is

Yeah the world doesn't need the avatar clearly
Oh wait no it does need him

Pokemon Sun and Moon lived up to my expectations, but all I expected was cheap furry fapbait doodles.

This. Imagine LOK without the shitty Season 2 and korra

Well the problem is it got better for a good chunk of season 3 and plunged into complete shit

Oh gen 7 is good 6 was total horseshit

they dont really give a shit about pathetic dudes attracted to cartoons.

Korra ruined everything

That's what you get when the makers cynically pander to the old fanbase. All you get is forgettable shit.

If modern latex condoms have a failure rate of 1% how reliable do you think condoms made out of leaves were?

So imagine LoK that isn't LoK.

She was spoiled and pampered until it drove her nuts, and barely kept up that facade during the day while she snuck out for secret earthbending fights at night where she was Queen Shit in a city full of earthbenders.

Then she ran away from home to teach the fucking AVATAR how to Earthbend, participated in a rebellion that unseated a regime that had basically enslaved the planet for 100 years, invented a new form of bending that cemented her as the greatest Earthbender who ever lived (at 12 years old) and then spent the next 70 years having her metaphorical dick sucked by everyone she ever met.

Did you really expect that she'd mature?

>but he couldn't stop until got an airbender because 'muh culture'

It is more than that, if Aang didn't had a airbending child it would mean the avatar cycle would die in 4 generations

He was literally the last airbender on the fucking planet, and up until that point it seemed pretty evident that bending, to some extent, was a genetic thing (there weren't exactly Earthbenders born at the poles, or Airbenders being born during the 100 years everyone thought they were extinct). He also had no way of knowing if the cycle would fix itself by creating more airbenders, would start going Water -> Earth -> Fire -> repeat without air in the mix, or if it meant the world had exactly two more avatars before the cycle broke.

I can totally understand him trying to put more airbenders on the planet.

>Did you really expect that she'd mature?

Yes. Since some of the first episodes she was in were about her learning to not be such a selfish little shit.

By the end of TLA Toph was less of an asshole. Still loudmouthed and brash but she wasn't all about herself. She knew what it was to be a team player.

LoK Toph took us back to shitty selfish brat Toph, which is explainable by her age and the things shes gone though, but it still makes her character as enjoyable as spoiled milk.

Yeah, it was pretty insulting to have her just abandon her life and live as a crazy cook in the forest. After everything she'd been through, it feels like she would have grown up to be more mature, not legit acting the same as when she was 12.

Eh, as long as the avatar exists there's at least no concrete way for the airbenders to be permanently wiped out.

Hopefully at some point in the future an airbender avatar will be born in peaceful times and can focus on churning out babies.

They also ruined Genral Iroh and pretty much every other character from the original series.

Oh no, your childhood, considering what Disney is doing to Star Wars I think you got nothing to complain about

>By the end of TLA Toph was less of an asshole. Still loudmouthed and brash but she wasn't all about herself. She knew what it was to be a team player.

You're presuming that a person can't regress or adopt negative character traits as they age, Toph being apathetic and jaded as an old person is really no surprise

And she proceeded to continue not giving a pickadilly fuck what anyone else in the entire universe thought of her because her blindness was barely an inconvenience, and directly led to her becoming the mother of a new form of bending.

>having a kid only for the sake of your culture is a dick move.
What if that culture literally dies with you otherwise?

What if it's not just your culture, but a very real possibility that the Super Kung Fu Jesus lifeline for the planet will end in two generations if you don't continue your culture right fucking now?

where do you think latex comes from?

And it's entirely possible that with Aang and Katara too busy fucking nonstop for 30 years while Toph was, again, lavished with praise and attention and "oh god Toph your metalbending is so good please teach us you're the best earthbender ever", maybe she let her ego get too inflated again

The avatar doesnt cease to exist because there are no airbenders

Also, no. The world doesnt need the avatar.

>what if the culture dies
Big fucking deal. Cultures dies all the time. It wont make a difference to the world. It literally only made a difference for Aang.

>avatar will die
[Citation needed]

>No one really cared about not having airbenders except Aang,

In the comic book, there was a whole culture of nonbenders who were dedicated to preserving the airbender culture and customs. Aang was angry when he initially found out about them and accused them of trying to steal his culture. He eventually accepted them as "Airbender Acolytes" and their descendents are the people you see living with Tenzin and his family at the Airbending temple in LOK.

It was literally just her brother. Everyone else was still alive.

The avatar cycle would eventually be broken if there was nobody around with airbender genes for the avatar to incarnate into after the next fire avatar dies.

Choose:
>lithe short hair Korra
>buff long hair ponytail Korra
>buff long sex hair Korra
>broken, wheelchair Korra

No one Relevant cares about airbenders. Better?

If a dozen of people wants to be part of a dead culture this doesnt give the moral highground for Aang to have a kid just for that purpose.

>considering what Disney is doing to Star Wars I think you got nothing to complain about

What's so bad about Disney owning Star Wars? The movie that they made was way better than the shitty prequels and was way better than anything that George Lucas is likely to make now.

Maybe he really wanted a family and would have had children even if he wasn't the Avatar? Maybe he wanted to mentor someone the way that Monk Gyatso had mentored him? Katara was the series "mom" and it's not surprising that she would want children.

Option #3: buff long sex hair Korra written by the people who wrote AtLA.

There are so many assumptions in your comment that it's not even fun to reply.

1- nowhere it is said airbending is genetic. Hell, we fucking had plenty of people in LoK that suddenly got airbending.

2- you have no idea of what would happen if there was no Airbenders, but i doubt Raava would refuse to be reborn just because of that. Most likely it would just jump to the next element.

Also, it's not about Having airbending, but being part of that nation. Raava doesnt need to be reborn in someone with bending. That said, bumi's and whatshername's descendants could also be avatar on that logic.

It doesn't seem to be comparable to real world cultures, if airbending culture died off so would airbending which i would assume is tied closely to the whole balance aspect of the world so it would be pretty bad overall.

In fact it could be seen as his avatar duty to bring back airbenders to restore balance.

No airbenders = no airbender Avatar, once the cycle comes around again.

Buff long sex hair Korra was the best thing to come out of season 2. Options 2 and 3 in general were delicious.

As he treated his kids like shit, it's very clear he shouldnt have them in the first place. If you can't be a properly father, don't have kids. And as i said, if he just wanted an Airbenders heir, that just makes him an asshole; if your kid is not born with blue eyes, will you just have another?

In the original series, it is said that bending is partially genetic and partially spiritual. It was explained in the fortune teller episode where one twin was a bender and the other wasn't.

The whole reason that the Fire Nation killed all of the airbenders and was trying to kill or imprison the waterbenders was to break the Avatar cycle.

Ponytail or sex hair.

And this pls no bryke

>As he treated his kids like shit, it's very clear he shouldnt have them in the first place.

Once they're born, it's kind of hard to put them back. Some people become parents with the best intentions only to find out that they're really not suited for it.

>which i assume is tied to balance
The thing that doesnt mean anything and no one cares. Uh-huh. Balance is just a buzzword; for Zaheer it means killing world leader, for Kuvira it means taking RC.

>no Airbenders means no avatar
[Citation needed]

>>no Airbenders means no avatar

This was stated multiple times in the original series.

>no Airbenders means no avatar
>Waterbending Korra
>Earthbending ???
>Firebending ???
>Searching for Airbender
>No airbender found
Cycle is broken.

>In the original series, it is said that bending is partially genetic
No, that's never stated. Not even Bryke said that it is genetic; they said it depends on the nation you're born, and your spirituality.

>It was explained in the fortune teller episode where one twin was a bender and the other wasn't
that is not said on that episode, they don't actually give any explanation as to why one has bending and the other doesn't.

>The whole reason that the Fire Nation killed all of the airbenders and was trying to kill or imprison the waterbenders was to break the Avatar cycle
No. If they could just genocide a nation to destroy the cycle, they wouldn't need to attack the water tribe after killing the air nomads. Not only that, it is actually explained in the show that they weren't simply genociding the water nation; they were actively imprisoning them to make sure they capture the avatar. If they could stop the cycle like that, they would just kill all of the water tribes.

And about 'capturing the avatar', by the way, Zhao says himself that they want him alive. If they kill him, he will just be reborn.

[citation needed]

>Raava works as some sort of computer program
Raava is the one who choses to do that bullshit. And again: the person doesn't even need to be a bender; he just needs to be from that nation.

They said in this interview that it is partially genetic:

avatarspirit.net/interviews.php?id=19

One important known factor in determining the likelihood of a person to inherit bending abilities is the genetic history of the family. It can be considered a recessive gene, since it is possible for a person to inherit bending skills even if they have two nonbending parents, as in the cases of Katara and Toph. Likewise, having one or two bending parents is no guarantee to inherit bending skills, as Piandao and Bumi, Aang and Katara's eldest son, were born a nonbender despite having two bending parents. People who have a greater genetic basis for bending are said to have more "talent", or inherent ability, than those who have a weaker genetic basis; however, genetics alone do not entirely account for the actual proficiency of a bender. While an individual with a strong family history in bending is most likely to become skilled in the art, a person with little genetic basis can also become a skilled bender through hard work, though it will require significantly more practice than someone with a good genetic history. On the other hand, it is also possible for someone with a strong genetic basis to go about their entire life without ever developing a true ability in bending, because of a poor spiritual upbringing or lack of fervor in practice.

Who wears the exact same outfit for 60 years? Have any of you worn the same clothes you wore when you were 12?

>No. If they could just genocide a nation to destroy the cycle, they wouldn't need to attack the water tribe after killing the air nomads
Because they cycle would end when another Airbender was supposed to be born. In the meantime, they'd have to deal with a water avatar, an earth avatar, AND a traitorous fire avatar before the avatar would disappear forever.
The goal was
>Genocide air nomads, killing the avatar as a weak child
>Capture all waterbenders to make sure you catch it when it goes waterbending avatar.