Monsters Unleashed #1 First Lettered Preview: Sampler Edition

>THE EPIC BATTLE MARVEL FANS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR, DRAWN BY TODAY’S GREATEST ARTISTS!!!
>It’s all hands on deck with the AVENGERS, CHAMPIONS, GUARDIANS, X-MEN and the INHUMANS as they clash with monstrous threats that threaten to destroy every corner of the Marvel Universe. Who are the LEVIATHONS? Who controls them? How can they be stopped before Earth becomes another tragic, barren world in their wake? Written by powerhouse writer CULLEN BUNN and drawn by Marvel legend STEVE McNIVEN, this issue is the beginning of something big that you just can’t miss!

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Power_Grids
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So is Marvel worth reading again yet? This event looks like it'll either be good or absolute shit. Kaiju Kid could be an interesting character of they don't fuck it up.

End of this preview

Waid's Avengers turns me off this.

The only thing that could be worse was Carol Danvers or Medusa being front and center again

>Queen YAAAAS Carol
>Whor
>Riri
>shitty new Inhumans
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Whoreverine
>NuCyclops
>Miles Morales

Jesus how could Marvel fall this far? 75% of the characters on the cover are fucking trash, and the rest are mostly poorly written.

How did it come to this?

How can fucking KAMALA be one of the only GOOD characters?

>So is Marvel worth reading again yet?
As always there's a handful of shit, a handful of good, and a whole lot of mediocrity. Just stick to the good stuff and you'll be fine.

Bunn is hit or miss, but I like him well enough. This seems like an artist showcase book though so it'll come down to the artists. McNiven and Yu are great. Kubert is good when paired with a solid inker. But fucking Land and LaRocca? Come on now.

Chulk is great though, and obviously he would be in this considering this is partially spinning out of his book.

>Just lands in an unfamiliar environment
>Local warlords start beating on the visitor without understanding what is going on

Looks pretty good, but nothing that I'm really excited for, still though, the few preview pages we got has me more hyped than CW2 did.

>three shots of somebody drawing
Calling it now: This book is going meta.

>Captain America
Nope.
>Thor
Nope.
>Wasp
Nope.

It's a new character named Kid Kaiju who summons kaiju from within the Marvel universe.

He first appeared way back in Chulk #3.

If I suddenly got pulled from my home to another planet, I would be pissed and panicked too. I don't think it could move without breaking buildings if it wanted too.

wow ... i prefer read godzilla in hell that this shit...this shit is going to be like Godzilla vs. Charles Barkley

Well, Godzilla in Hell was fucking awesome so that's no surprise. But Godzilla vs. Charles Barkley was pretty good too, so that's alright with me.

I swear ro god if Todd Ziller doesn't show up in this I'm going to be mad

Why does every event have to threaten the entire universe?

Otherwise, this sounds okay.

cool

>FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

youngclops was dope at one point. dont know about now though

Remind me why Vision isn't rotting in a prison after the shit he pulled on his ongoing and crashing a spaceship into the Triskellion.

Was Dope when Rucka wrote him in space. Everyone else writes him as brooding I DON'T WANT TO BE HITLER WHEN I GROW UP kid.

Well it was Virginia that killed victor, and nobody else got arrested for CW2 so why would he.

>Robbie doesn't get to kill monsters

Damn it.

Why are they attacking the Devil Dinosaur?

Cyclops in any era or age is a fucking asshole and so is Spider-Man

But if you want to play Devil's Advocate, that t-rex can be kind of a fucking asshole as well.

He probably isn't. They are pushing Moon Girl hard right now. It's just another case of Marvel's trademark incompetence.

Inb4 pokefags claim Marvel ripped them off

Yup, this kid is responsible for countless civilians deaths and destruction.

Those Speed stats are WAY too high going by how Marvel measures them, most of these guys are apparently faster than Quicksilver.

>1 = Below normal
>2 = Normal
>3 = Subsonic Superhuman: peak velocity below Mach-1 (approximately 760 miles per hour)
>4 = Speed of sound: peak velocity between Mach-1 to Mach-2
>5 = Supersonic: peak velocity between Mach-2 to Orbital Velocity approximately 17,000 mph)
>6 = Speed of light: peak velocity up to 186,000 miles per second
>7 = Warp speed: transcending light speed or a teleporter(instantaneous travel)

Sorry Marvel, you will have to do better throw a giant cyborg woman to get me to care about this event

What causes Groot to revert to his 50s self and turn evil again?

>kaiju event
god damn it i'm reading this

> Rating stats out of 7 instead of the more logical 10.

>>THE EPIC BATTLE MARVEL FANS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR
We have?

It's not a hero vs hero event, we have been waiting for this.

We shall see, I'll give waid a pass since Tyke is a silver age character Better than CW II or shithumans vs X dudes

Too early to say but if he's going to be Marvel'a shota I'll buy his going, along with what is most probably will be Elsa.

Ben 10 already did.

Will he save the day?

instant 10/10 if that happens

Was that just a refrence to when he knocked over Godzilla when he was with the Champions?

Man, as much as I LOVE IDW's Godzilla stuff, I wish the Big G could show up for this, for one last ride with his old Buddy Devil.

Let's be honest, you'd be rooting for him as a kid.

The stats for these are completely ridiculous, yeah.

Devil Dinosaur and Groot aren't heroes?

Virginia took the blame for everything he did in his ongoing. If Vision got arrested for the attack on the Triskellion, then a bunch of heroes should be arrested.

Same here.
At least we can hope for Red Ronin, eh?

Plus Googam, Son of Gom, did literally nothing wrong.

When the hell did 'Snap' Wilson EVER talk like that?

I miss Jack Kirby.

Try and name every monster in this image, Sup Forums.

those monsters look really really really evil, I hope that superheroes manage to stop them in the end.

Did nothing wrong.

His eyes look ominous, I hope he can transform into a Kaiju as well.

>Implying I'm not rooting for him.

He has potential.

Marvel has been doing this for since the 90s in all of its Handbooks.
Here's how the stats work:
>marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Power_Grids

I have no problem with their strengt, durability, fighting ability or energy stats, they're what you expect of Giant Monsters.
But Giant Monsters that are fast as fuck instead of slow behemoths? That's pretty OP.

I have a feeling that classic Groot and modern Groot are no longer considered the same entity.

Well, DnA retconned it so everyone on his homeplanet could only say "I am Groot" and since the old Kirby Monster comics generally aren't effected by the sliding timescale, most happened in the late 50s and 60s. It's entirely possible that Kirby's Groot was just another from his race that had left their planet much earlier. DnA also retconned it so Groot wasn't actually King of Planet-X but an exile.

Which is stupid, but in line with DnA's retcons. DnA turned Groot into a one note joke

That's basically what was I getting at.

>DnA turned Groot into a one note joke

Eh. He was pretty one-note in AC: Star-Lord, really all they did was alter the joke a bit. Instead of being an arrogant shit that Rocket has to put up with he's a mute shit that Rocket has to translate for. His primary purpose is still being a tank for those splash-page fuck yeah moments.

>No Ghost Rider, Venom, or any other monster heroes
Lame

They said no monsterlets will be fighting

You must be 10 stories or higher to partcipate in this event.

kek

Why can't events be like this instead of Civil War?

Here's what we do: we need Monsters Unleashed to sell more than Civil War II, or at the very least more than IvX. It's the only way Marvel will get the message.
If it doesn't sell, Marvel will do Avengers vs Inhumans next year.

When will they learn all Kid (noun) names suck

Fuck you, "Kid _____" is the best name format.

Name 5 good ones?

I was gonna say she's probably around 300ft tall but that's just going to encourage you huh?

>wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

X-men already did it

In what situation would that ever be a turnoff?

>probably around 300ft tall
>Height: 40'

Who hasn't fought against Fin Fang Foom at this point?
Heroes fighting giant monsters has been a thing since Fantastic Four issue 1. They're just doing it on a much bigger scale this time.