WE

WE

>very clever
Guess that disqualifies nignogs from being Hermione then.

If she was so clever, why wasn't she in Ravenclaw? Hermione was just a try hard.

Why would you care about the canon of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

White skin was never specified, she just endorsed the cover art, the fan art, the white actress who played her in the films, and wrote how white her skin was when she was worried in one scene, which is not something such a "culturally sensitive liberal" would write about a black girl.

Yes, but black skin is about much more than your skin actually being black

>caring this much about a fictional character's fictional appearance
boy, i'm glad i don't have autism

This. If it looks like a duck and all.

found the nigger

Women are fuckin pathetic man.

What's the problem? She made the story, she can choose the race

The problem is she's acting like Hermione's race was ambiguous, when it was established to be white in many canon book scenes. If she wants to change Hermione's race, whatever, but she ought to own up to the fact that it's a change.

Obviously, Lucas can also choose to fucking shit on Star Wars as much as he pleases too.

>2015

>when it was established to be white in many canon book scenes.
When?
He can.

That's Disney's job now though.

smartest kid in school
nigger

lmfao good one rowling

She was defending a play's casting of a black women playing the role because a bunch of people who don't know the stage has a history of colorblind casting were sperging out over it.

She was clumsy as fuck about it, but she wasn't trying to changer Hermione's race.

>When?
Prisoner of Azkaban when Harry and Hermione use the time turner or whatever the fuck it was called.

there is a passage that says Hermione's "pale white face".

but how does any of that matter with Cursed Child? theater is about exploring the roles and the material. races and genders flip around all the time. it's part of the artform and something that even Shakespeare explored in his material all the time.

You guys are reading too much into this.

She's not saying Hermione is black, she's saying that her race doesn't matter. So being depicted as black in a minor play shouldn't be a big deal.

BTW Dumbledore was gay FYI
BTW Hogwarts was a safe space FYI
BTW there were trans and gay people in hogwarts FYI

>claims he was always gay she just didn't write it in novels
>claims she was never white she just didn't write it in novels
>claims plot holes have explanations she just didn't write it in novels

she's relentlessly meowing

>claims

does that mean i have a bbc if i just believe really hard pls respond?

"white face" in that instance is an expression to show her shock

>"white skin was never specified"
see I genuinely don't care what race they choose her to be in the stage adaption, but she should at least be honest about what she put on the page. She can retroactively make dumbledore gay or hermione black, but that doesn't mean there's any evidence in the original text for either, which is what should count as canon rather than an author trying to tie in progressive agendas which were never there in the first place.

>school takes in social outcasts that don't fit in
>somehow extending this to queer people is wrong

There are plenty of freaks at Hogwarts. Would a male teacher who insists on dressing up like a woman really be that out of place?

burn your books

No, she wasn't in shock,, the author uses it to describe how her white face would stand out in contrast to the tree she was hiding behind. Stop being purposely obtuse.

>implying a black person's face could go "white" from enough shock to warrant it as a descriptive term

Lol that's not how it works

You have one extremely dubious piece of "evidence" and you're trying to pass it off as a smoking gun.

Maybe she did originally imagine Hermione as white, but why is that such a big deal? To any sane person, her race is irrelevant. That's why this entire controversy became a thing.

No, you are just looking for ways to support your idea.
The author's explanation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your opinions
>>implying a black person's face could go "white" from enough shock to warrant it as a descriptive term
>Pretends their skin is black
you dummy

It makes sense for Hogwarts to have queer people, it's just pathetic to virtue signal about it when you don't actually show it in your work.

That's not the point.

>To any sane person, her race is irrelevant.
>To any sane person
That's the problem. In their minds, Hermione not being explicitly white in every media she's portrayed in, is just another part of muh white genocide

>virtue signal about it
Is she though? The gist of it seems to be that someone asked her on Twitter if there would be queer people at Hogwarts. To which she said yes. I mean, what do you want her to reply with? "No - now fuck off, lol"

>when you don't actually show it in your work.
She's doing a whole expanded universe thing, though.

Is the play even canon?
cause it shouldn't be.
Cause it's shit.

based

What is the point? That she expanded upon her existing world, because she's doing a project specifically for that purpose?

It isn't a big deal, which is exactly my point. Rowling makes out the casting of a black girl in Hermione's role to be a big deal and retroactively makes dumbledore gay in order to promote her books/franchise as part of a progressive movement, when in reality there wasn't anything in the source material to back that up apart from "muh mudbloods" and voldermort's genocide of muggles. they're literally kids books and she's politicising them just to appeal to a particular demographic, its cheap

>She's doing a whole expanded universe thing, though.
Doesn't matter when it still hasn't shown up in-universe.

Stop trying to politicize this and make it an example of how opressed you are or some shit. Its a simple case. The author makes a statement about hermoines skin colour.That statement is not consistent with what is printed in the book. That is why people have trouble with this regardless of whatever the fuck your politcal ideals are

Why did Harry Potter become a thing within the SJW/tumblrette crowd? The books aren't particulary related to that subject other than Voldemort being a stormfag.

We all read those books as kids yet they stuck with the SJW

>Rowling makes out the casting of a black girl in Hermione's role to be a big deal
How? If anything, scouring thousands of pages of text to find one ambiguous reference to skin tone is making it a "big deal". All Rowling seems to have done is condone the casting of a black actress. Which is part of her inclusiveness thing, a theme in her series since its creation.

The rest of your post is off-topic entirely. But keep in mind, she is doing a whole expanded universe thing. I mean, you can criticize the direction she's taking it, but filling in details on certain characters and the world's demography is kind of the point.

Also, it's really easy to blur stuff. There's a difference between her saying "yes, there would be queer people in my world", and actively retconning everything.

I'd just like to add that I have absolutely no problem with a black or any other colour hemoine in any harry potter play or film. But i'm not going to pretend that she was black in the source material because that's just untrue.

>see spooky ghost
>turn all ashy an sheeit

Because while HP was a lot of people's gateway into reading, they moved onto other stuff. A good portion of tumblr never did, or if they did it was to what is essentially the adult equivalent of HP books, like Dan Brown.

>someone asked her on Twitter if there would be queer people at Hogwarts
That question is predicated on the fact that she failed to represent said queer people in the books. IE, her novels should be banned for their disgusting homo/transphobia. Where is the SJW witch hunt when you need it?

t. blacked account owner

Yeah, living with your head in the sand is much more preferable.

>the universe begins and ends where I say it does
I'm starting to feel there are ulterior motives ITT.

>The author makes a statement about hermoines skin colour
A dubious statement appearing in the 3rd book of a massive series.

Either way, you have to admit that it's clearly not very relevant. Otherwise she would have mentioned it as soon as her character is introduced. Not literally years later. This is the entire point, her race is unimportant and anyone of any ethnicity can portray Hermione.

>That is why people have trouble with this
Really? So wait, when she announced that she was fine with a black actress, your mind immediately went to that one page from that one book to prove her wrong?

Of course it didn't. You either freaked out and looked for evidence to support your emotions or, like most people, you didn't care.

Fags are like 2% of the population. Out of those 2%, how many are open with it as teenagers age 11-17? It makes sense Harry wouldnt encounter any faggotry at Hogwarts. I know I didn't at my high school.

>The rest of your post is off-topic entirely
only if you don't think she's desperate for that pre-teen/SJW teen pocket money.

>she is doing a whole expanded universe thing
>"Hey marvel and DC, watch out, there's a new multi-million dollar competitor on the block!"

>refers to herself in the 3rd person

I knew she was arrogant but god damn, that's the type of shit that Julius Caesar did.

Fuck off Rowling, there was no actual LGBT representation in the Harry Potter series and nothing you say on Twitter or put in Fantastic Beasts will ever be able to change that.

>A dubious statement appearing in the 3rd book of a massive series.

A dubious statement but a statement nonetheless. If you can find one(1) instance of Hermoine's skin being refereed to as anything other than white I will concede defeat.

What are some movies where the aging protagonist becomes senile and everyone starts making fun of him

>Rowling OKed all cover art for Potter books
>Rowling admitted Hermione is a self-insert Mary Sue
>but suddenly she's black now because that's what's hip to do

>Hermione was smart
>Hermione had brown skin

Pick one.

But why does it matter? You're acting like this is some great plot inconsistency when it couldn't be less relevant.

>making fun of him

Yeah like that stopped him from being president or anything. You leftards sure got him good.

It matters because truth is important and lying is bad. Or do you see lying to fit your ideals as more important than actually representing the truth?

I don't get it. Your complaint was that she had no need to add these extra details to her story. But she's clearly in a process of expanding the universe, which necessitates that.

No one's saying there was LGBT representation in Harry Potter, though. Aside from a tweet here or there, it doesn't even seem to be a major issue in her expanded universe.

Not everything is some conspiracy.

There were a few hints that Dumbledore had a thing for Grindelwald in the 7th book, though.

>it couldn't be less relevant.

Author stated character is black
Source material describes character as white
How is this not relevant ?

Super ultra combo top keickedykek

>it's for truth and justice!
You can just confess you have more at stake here than some honor bound duty. Philosophical maxims aside, your version of the 'truth' is built on one extremely poor exhibition that may or may not reflect a character's race.

Ambiguity is resolved by the author who says it doesn't matter.

Never gets old

Is he actually doing something yet other than going to rallies full of Cletus and melting down on twitter?

Author stated she's okay with a black actress playing the character in a play.
Source material never describes character's skin color, except for one passage which could easily be read as shock.

The point is that it doesn't matter because being a certain ethnicity isn't relevant to Hermione's character in any way.

>queer people make up 2% of the population
>said 2% demand accurate and fair representation in popular media
>protest when there are 2 gay people to every 100 straight people in cinema
If they wanted proportional, unbiased and accurate representation, they would be fine with a limited number of queer people on screen, because that would represent them clearly as the minority they make themselves out to be.

I can't wait to see the news that she has cancer one day

>Author stated character is black
She stated she was fine with a black actress portraying her character.

>Source material describes character as white
lol no

>How is this not relevant
Because why does everyone have to be depicted by someone of their own race? Especially in the world of theater, for Christ sake.

I watched a version of Macbeth recently, where the three witches were all of visibly different backgrounds. It's actually incredibly common. Stop inserting racial issues into everything, especially stories for children.

How are you so fucking dumb. just turn your brain on bro.

He also eats steak with ketchup

Trump really sent the nogs over the edge lol.

Good, it's comical these yard apes think anyone cares about their political causes because these thugs are really changing the world but sitting during the national anthem.

this is me

>in plain view of hagrids backdoor...

He's dismantling the pillars of american leftism.

>what is artistic license
'White faced' is also an expression of shock or horror.

This is the 3rd book in a major series. Do you really think she would introduce her character's race then and there? Even if she did, it's clearly not relevant enough to be included in the hundreds of pages prior. This supports her tweet about it being unimportant.

Yeah he sure showed them by taking away an invitation that had already been rejected. BTFO how will they ever recover?
Your hero is getting senile, just imagine how cringey this is gonna get by the end. History will remember him as a laughingstock. And this alt right online social movement will be laughed at as well. For all time to come.

By going to rallies full of Cletus and melting down on twitter every day? Is that all it takes then?
doubt

It's just straight up untrue to claim its ambiguous though.

Im fine with whatever actress playing hermoine in theatre or film. I just think that its clear that she was white in the source material.

>filet mignon
>well done
>side of ketchup
Fucking tacky man. No fucking class.

catsup is relentlessly delicious with filet mignon.

>It's just straight up untrue
How so? At best you could say 'white face' is an expression of shock, but because black people have darker skin it generally doesn't apply to them.

But when you're getting into that kind of logic, you're definitely becoming ambiguous.

>I just think that its clear
How is it clear? You have one passage to back yourself up and it's introduced in the 3rd novel.

How can one user be so based?

>How can one user be so based?

relentlessly

>'White faced' is also an expression of shock or horror.
It doesnt say "white faced" it says "her white face"

>This is the 3rd book in a major series. Do you really think she would introduce her character's race then and there?

No, her race was ambiguous up until this point in the third book. At exactly this point it is etablished that she is undoubtedly white.

It only becomes important when you try to say it doest exist.

>ywn as dumb as this user
Feels good, man.

No it absolutely isn't you fucking retard, Rowling mentions the color of her skin to make the point that it contrasts with the trees. The entire scene is about the fact they are in plain sight of Hagrid's door and could get caught by the people inside exiting at any moment; it puts emphasis on the "we are visible right now" trope.

If you do not think the passage "Hermoine's white face" Implied that hermoine had a white coloured face then theres nothing more i can say...

>Develops black main character who's consistently dubbed a "mudblood" and gets romanced not by the hero main character but by his trusted sidekick.

What did J.K. mean by this guys?

Considering Rowling went out of her way to specify with description whenever a character was black...yea she was definitely white

I don't give a shit about Rowling blackwashing her grade school level books for Brownie points, I still want to know when she's inviting those refugees to stay in her mansions

>it says "her white face"
And contextually she's in a state of panic. Read the rest of the page.

>At exactly this point it is etablished that she is undoubtedly white.
The sole fact that so many people believe it to be a reference to her state of shock and not her race, means that it is clearly ambiguous. It's only 'undoubtedly white' because you want it to be.

>It only becomes important when you try to say it doent exist
No one says that, though. People are just rejecting your interpretation of the passage.

Black people dont turn white when theyre in panic or shock.