I understand why Sam wants a 5 dollar paywall

I understand why Sam wants a 5 dollar paywall.
He hates ads and ad companies with a passion and thinks they're scumbags.
That's why he doesn't put ads or monetize his videos.
But if there are no ads, the only other way to make money is to directly charge for the service.

This is fucking stupid though, I can deal with ads, I just block them or mute them. But if there's a paywall, I have to be inconvenienced with setting up payments and losing money where before I just had to mute an ad or install adblock.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNSan5v3PYw
youtube.com/watch?v=_TYZodu9G8A
youtube.com/watch?v=kbPibD5aaC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 this thread turns into a butthurt shitfest with angry leftist redditors being asspained over sam

It will though, just watch.

he wants a 5 dollar paywall because 99% of his shitty fanbase uses adblock and he needs to make money somehow. making obscure political rants on youtube for 20k views doesnt exactly pay the bills

exactly, he'll find that out soon enough and either lower the price to 1 dollar or find another way to make money

>This is fucking stupid though, I can deal with ads, I just block them or mute them.
>before I just had to mute an ad or install adblock.
>complaining that Sam has to change revenue models
This is the stupidest fucking post I've seen in a while. Congratulations.

Obscure political rants? It's sad that your comedic senses are so dull that you cannot grasp his genius. All the best comedians have some inner struggle they use to channel their material. In Sam's case, it's his repressed homosexuality.

Tell me, would a straight comedian come up with a hilarious bit like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=FNSan5v3PYw

And have so much inner turmoil that he uses transsexuals as an outlet to deal with his gay demons?

If only you could comprehend how much he suffers for his art, just to make people laugh. It's the least you could do you ungrateful cunt.

What if I'm a member of the Alt-Right but still hate Sam?

>posts that fake image made by /r/ShitRedditSays that everyone here laughs at

boy the first post in this thread sure was accurate

>pay me five dollahs goys!
>p-p-prease

Why did MDE get cancelled again? No meme answers pls

>his genius
please fuck off my friend, hes filming ironic vertical videos in his bathroom, its the equivilent of modern art thats just shit smeared on a wall

yep, because most of his fanbase also isnt willing to pay ANY dollars or watch ANY ads and theyll get the content leaked somewhere for free anyway

Brett Gelman and Adult Swim execs thought it was too right wing.

It got good ratings though, it was just deemed too racist or whatever, I dunno

>political

HOW? He gets bitched out for joking around political issues, but we have to admit he isn't leaning in any direction when he does it.

might have something to do with all the racist dog whistling

Cody just posted a new Hydewars you numpties - maybe he was just fucking with us all? I hope so anyhow. If not I'll probably still pay anyhow because I really enjoy his work and I think he'll try to put the cash toward funding World Peace season 2 (as he said he might crowd-fund or something on the Dick Show).

Seriously, go watch HW18 and then tell me he wasn't joking about the paywall.

Then they were cancelled because they were racist? Or because the network didn't find dog whistles funny?

are you serious? ALL his comedy is political commentary and he gets shit on for all his views being about as far right as it gets

>youtube for 20k views doesnt exactly pay the bills
he makes $300 per hyde wars video in Ad money, he said this on an episode
but no $300 isn't enough to sit in front of a camera alone in his car and ramble for 45 minutes

>fake

Damage control aside, put all the evidence together and it adds up. Sam is one troubled dude.

>make jack shit for years
>make 1700 a month on patreon doing jack shit
>give 5000 dollars to daily stormer for no reason
>make money from book sales and merchandise
>still demand 5 dollars for youtube videos
I CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE, GIVE ME MONEY FANS

Then you can understand he's making fun of you.

Can u understand why I'm gonna put my fist in your face, u fuckin shitlib?

He was just backpedaling after realizing the negative attention. This was probably his plan from the beginning. He can play it off as lol i was just kidding guys really ;) when we all know he can't afford health insurance.

Which is the best single video that showcases this?

he seems to average about 50k views and it looks like he makes a video on that channel every month on average.
and we're assuming his CPM is 6 dollars?

name a video of his thats not politically charged in some way

>continue to post these images after they've been debunked a million times
O B S E S S E D

Yes. You were neglected as a child.

Stay outta this
This is between me n >88103288

>White knighting for someone that doesn't know you, doesn't care, and just wants your money

Pathetic.

The one about the Toss It project. The one where he's like 'they call me Argon'. Flight training. Future male utopia. 'you don't think Caitlyn Jenner is hot, FUCK YOU'.

That's off the top of my head.

GIVE ME 5 DOLLARS

His fans are kids what do you expect?

>reddit/pol/ e-celeb that has nothing to do with television or film
This window will close in 3 seconds...

>Future male utopia. 'you don't think Caitlyn Jenner is hot, FUCK YOU'.
these are both social/political commentary, are you stupid?
no idea if the other ones are

For that price I could give Stefan Molyneux five one dollars.

Fuck off Sam

Half of the replies in this thread are even copied and pasted from the other ones, Christ.

This is Mrs. Hyde speaking.
Please stop making fun of my precious Sammy Lammy
It's not his fault I drank too much tap water when pregnant.

How so?

Future male utopia might be political, but it's not left or right, it's just about politics.

shiiit I expect him to start off the racewars for that kind of money

>future male utopia
>obvious womens rights/feminism shit

>you dont think caitlyn jenner is hot, FUCK YOU
>obvious trans commentary
im not a liberal but if you cant see how these things are both politically charged and thats same is pretty much shit then youre a retard

why does this trigger you so much?

>2017.....

youtube.com/watch?v=_TYZodu9G8A

i think the fact that this video exists pretty much proves that SJWs love to ruin comedy

I think the fact that you exist proves why abortion should be legal

>Brett Gelman
jeez watta faggot
DROPPED

you need to try harder

>waaah I dont have a counter argument for why I want to suck this e-celebs dick so hard and protect him from internet meanies.

This is you homo

Eww are you gay?

He already had a patreon

Okay. Which way were they charged?

If anything, they seem like they're making fun of the alt-right to me.

>projecting this hard

lol

I'd say his prediction is coming true

Sam Hyde's peaked, the only time anyone pays attention to him is when he spams his image on Sup Forums. This paywall thing isn't even about money (though he desperately needs some) this is just to get people talking about him again.

>Sam Hyde's peaked, the only time anyone pays attention to him is when he spams his image on Sup Forums

Lol whatever you have to tell yourself.

What does Sam's dick taste like?
Srs question

shouldn't you be watching rick and morty right now?

Nice comeback loser. Where'd you learn comedy, the Sam Hyde School of Jokes?

5'11
6'

lel
someone make this

the 5k was to fight the splc because fuck them

Sam Hyde's approximately 6'4".
Depending on footwear, he can gain anywhere from .5" - 1"
Judging by the significant height disparity displayed here, I would say the other gentleman is somewhere between 5'5" and 5'7".

No, i learned it from my favorite female writers

"Female writers"
That's probably the first remotely funny thing you've ever said.

he's doing ironically, but you just don't understand

sam is actually loaded

Pretty sure the dude on the left was the guy Sam Hyde is sucking off in the BJ pic.

How can he need money?

He got a fuckton from the books he didnt send and all the merch and his adult swim paycheck.

What does he blow everything on?

big if true, thats weev

Gay conversion therapy.
Obviously, it's not working.

That's weev, you idiot.

The reason he doesn't want ads is: advertisers have a say in what you talk about in your content. If they can't influence you, they will simply pull the ads. This is why you don't see stories about Pharmaceutical companies on the nightly news. Almost all the ads are from drug companies. Having a paywall allows you to do and say what you want, create the content you want, without being beholden to advertisers or YouTube to make money.

Through gambling it away, buying useless shit like motorcycles and donating thousands to neo-nazis

Sam is a mess right now, he says he's rich enough to self fund a second season of WP, yet zero wok has been done. Not to mention the sudden need to shill out for placebo pills and put content behind a paywall.

Typical insecure manlet.
Stay jealous

Why does Sam make so many leftist triggered?

He's doing the paywall because he's desperate for cash, and knows all his little Sup Forumstard followers who post the same memes over and over again everywhere will give him their money. He's milking them.

He's pretty talented and funny, but I think he needs to give the white supremacist thing a rest. It's a shame that he holds the beliefs he has, and it's getting harder and harder for me to separate him from his work. Especially after he donated to stormfront, I won't pay money to him to see his stuff, even though I like it.

I love MDE but without a adult swim budget they are worth like 60 cents a vide9. Sorry sammyfam

I almost got mad at the daily stormer thing but then realized he did it to speak out against censorship.
The charlottesville thing was kinda fucked though, not for going after the guy who fucked over Baked Alaska, but his response to the chick who died.

Alternatively you could watch someone who is actually entertaining.

Sam who? Harris?

Regardless of whether it is to speak out against censorship, it's still retarded. You're still supporting an awful group by giving them a sizable financial contribution.

Sam is the only decent conservative creator right now, everyone else is a big dweeb with zero artistic vision, he deserves something.

>outwardly conservative creator

FTFY

Yeah, man. I agree but the thing with the Daily Stormer I always wonder was is if that's a satire site as well.
I mean it was created by weev and anglin, two of the biggest internet trolls ever, it seems like everything is a fucking joke at this point.
I seriously wonder if weev got a fucking swatiska tattoo as a joke.
Postmodernism is as interesting as it's infuriating that's for sure.

If it weren't for postmodernism and third wave feminism, no man would have put his seed in your skank-dyke mother's vagina. You owe your life to it

More importantly there are other ways to stand up to censorship. That's just a thinly veiled excuse.

Eh.. they were both Hispanics so I doubt they gave a fuck about any of this shit.
Pretty old-fashioned Christians.

Things can start out as a joke and end up as serious. Regardless as to whether it started as a troll or not, it can have very real negative outcomes and influence gullible people. At some point you just need to start taking things at face value.

every hydewars will be free on youtube for a few days
youtube.com/watch?v=kbPibD5aaC0

This

lol at this mental gymnastics to keep supporting your boyfriend. he's a nigger who refuses to work.

This

Something like 70-90% of shows do not get renewed for a second season. That's without having edgy content that advertisers would complain about eventually. Then, as with any other show, besides politics there's the much larger issue of the actual quality and humor of the show.

It would be more of a surprise and would warrant an explanation if it didn't get cancelled.

Oh yeah, I do after a certain point.
Like for instance Charlottesville, all these white guys feeling attacked for being called racists.
Yeah, you may have had a great point in saying racism is being used now towards whites because unless you're blind, anti-white sentiment is increasing in U.S. society.
But that point gets completely thrown out the window once you're with ACTUAL KKK MEMBERS.
At that moment, the joke becomes real.

i just like hearing him talk, has a nice calming voice

>member of the Alt-Right

More like nails on a chalkboard

hes literally getting $2000 a month on patreon

hes also homeless. thats the main reason he wants a 5dollar paywall.

Are you guys fucking dumb? MDE and Hydewars are not monetized