Rebels 3.09: "An Inside Man"
Star Wars Annual #2

>Rebels 3.08: "The Wynkahthu Job"
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon #3.08: "The Wynkahthu Job"
youtube.com/watch?v=UqxnQZDRF4g

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
youtu.be/sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Recommendation Guide
imgur.com/N76MfC0.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6V42FVqsaI4
twitter.com/StarWarsUK/status/804646357394931713
twitter.com/i/live/798701411626139648
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nu-Canon was a mistake

First for pottery

Post George and McCallum

What's Geppetto doing in Star Wars?

Look at this filthy traitor. The Empire gave him a secure job with regular hours, and how does he repay his debt to society?

By sabotaging the very vehicles our brave soldiers use to keep us safe from criminals, slavers, aliens and Rebel scum!

Someone ought to burn his balls off for such treason.

What is he, /swco/?

a mistake.

>Someone ought to burn his balls off for such treason.
Turns out this is the endgame to Thrawn's grand plan

Then meet the True Enemy of Lothal.

The Empire's goal on Lothal isn't Kyber Crystals. That's a smokescreen. Krennic only thinks Galen Erso can help him, however the true intent of the Empire is to capture Loth-Cats and rub their fur with glass rods to acquire raw power charged with pure Loth-Cat FUCK YOU energy to generate the Death Star's super laser.

His mistake was forgetting to spoiler the image. Though frankly this meme is a little stale by this point anyway.

Wait is that supposed to be Wilfrid Brimley's character from the second Ewoks movie?

Not unless that dude didn't have a crotch.

No, it's Stan Lee's cameo in the upcoming Marvel vs Star Wars animated special

Stan the Man is everywhere.

This man is a hero.

Are the Rebels comics in the Rebels Magazine canon?

How are they quality wise?

Reading Bloodlines makes me realize again what bothered me most about TFA: barely anything has changed after 30 years. The New Republic is incompetent and gets absolutely nothing done ever, just like the old Republic that allowed the Empire to come power. 30 years and barely anything has improved politically, especially with the whole Centralists vs Populists. Then the heroes you care about have barely changed either. Han and Leia are essentially seperated because of their work, Chewie fucked off home for years apparently, everyone just seems miserable in general. Luke is the only one doing anything, trying to rebuild the Jedi order, but we know he just gives up and fucks off once Ben kills everyone.

For as shitty as the old EU could be, at least interesting shit started happening after the Empire fell, instead of everything remaining rather stagnant just because they need to set some status quo for the sequel trilogy. At least in the EU Luke was making progress with new Jedi and some sense of balance was coming back.

Yup. The new post-RotJ stuff basically reset their accomplishments.

So whose idea was that, anyway? How much of it was JJ?

Yes to the first.

Can't answer the second, though.

It's such a terrible idea. I understand ignoring the EU so you can freely develop a new story for a major movie, but the fact thay hardly anything got done in 30 years makes the First Order seem like not such bad guys. At least they want shit to get done. Does the New Republic even have a fleet? They're going to get hosed in Episode 8.

I guess on the bright side it makes me feel better about the lack of comics/novels that take place in that 30 year gap, since any dealing with Luke and his Jedi or Leia and the Republic would just be pointless. Disney doesn't seem too keen on exploring new characters, like the old EU used to do.

Maybe with any luck that sense of fresh ideas/adventures and progress will come back to the books once the sequels are all out and we can hopefully finally explore the future of the Jedi order and whatnot.

Lettered preview of Doctor Aphra is out

>Not!Chewbacca
>Not!R2-D2
>Not!C-3PO

I'm never going to get over this.

End

Oh shit that species is from Rogue One

Modern Star Wars is all about making sure nothing new happens and everything panders to nostalgia.

>"Sir... I don't understand. All this planning, all of this waiting... all for a farmer on Lothal?"
>"You fail to see the bigger picture, Admiral Konstantine. If we are to win against the rebellion, we must engineer a scenario in which Morad Sumar loses his testicles..."
>"But why? What does that have to do with defeating the rebellion?"
>"Admiral Konstantine, you disappoint me. I would have thought someone of your rank and stature would recognize the obvious benefits of this action."
>"Er... yes. Of course. I see clearly, sir. We will prepare at once..."

The only one that genuinely bothers me is Not-Threepio, and it's mostly because he's such an unfunny character. People compare him to Creepio, but that would only work if all of Creepio's lines were "I like murder, did you know I like murder?"

So she did make it out alive.

>we must engineer a scenario in which Morad Sumar loses his testicles...
I want to hear Lars Mikkelsen say this in his quiet, scary voice

I miss vibroblades. Everyone having a lightsaber is obnoxious.

Who is "everyone"?

This is fucking garbage.

He probably means he still wakes up with the image of this page seared into his eyeballs, his testicles trying to retreat into his body.

That's... a lot of Star Wars, frankly.

I mean, with like 6000 years of pre-movie history, the comics, games, and novels managed to do "And then all the Jedi were massacred" like, what, 6-7 times? And that's without going into the two or three times it was supposed to have happened again AFTER the movies over the next century.

A stormtrooper with a lightsaber is too much.

He actually has an excuse for having one. You'd know that if you actually read the comic and weren't just losing your shit whenever you see a page posted.

I read the comic. Just because there's an explanation doesn't mean it's not stupid. You need to understand that you can't defend every piece of dumb writing in Star Wars by saying 'well there's a reason for that!'

Still waiting for that "everyone" user

See but that's your opinion

I think if you had read the comic you wouldn't be going "w-why does everyone have a lightsaber now?!" when this guy's actually a rarity.

Basically you're just kneejerk reacting to stuff like that and this

>I think if you had read the comic

I think if you read my post, you wouldn't be going "w-well if you read the comic!!"

I did. All you're doing is bitching that you don't like it and don't care about the explanation.

Just because there is an explanation doesn't mean it has immunity from being stupid.

Why exactly does this get a pass, but Boba Fett fighting Darth Vader with a lightsaber is 'lol EU fanfic shit'?

>he thinks they're comparable
So you didn't read the comic.

Boba didn't spend years undercover working in a Jediboo's gladiator ring. We knew that about Kreel before we even knew he was Imperial.

That and Kreel isn't fighting someone on Vader's level.

I don't even like Kreel or the Edgetroopers but even I don't think him having a lightsaber is as stupid as Boba being able to fight fucking Vader with one

Undeniable truth

dubdub albino mong calamari speak truth

So maybe he should just fight with a vibroblade or something.

I just read the new Star Wars Annual, and I think it might be the first legit good comic from Marvel so far.

I thought it was alright, though I have been liking the way Leia has been written lately. Her solo book was kind of meh despite this, though.

Lucas said nothing can engage with a lightsaber other than energy charged shit, or another lightsaber. It's why we have the darksaber, it was going to be a vibroblade.

Delete this.

I'm aware of that, but Marvel and Disney clearly have little regard for what Lucas has to say anyway.

Luckily Lucasfilm makes these decisions then! They've been following the Lucas way as close as possible.

That seems to only hold for TFA- with almost everything else, they've been pretty consistent with what Lucas had set in place.

You'd know this if you ever actually paid attention to anything in the franchise beyond Sup Forums memes.

TFA couldn't get away from Lucas at times either. Finn vs Nines is something he would do for example.

I'm surprised I never noticed this before

I remember noticing it when they put out a clip of this shot as a teaser (I think it was on Instagram of all places), but I had a hard time explaining why it was wrong so nobody took me seriously.

Holy shit, you're right.
>"bu-but they used a real glowing lightsaber to film it so it's better than that CGI crap!" fags BTFO

Don't panic, it's just an optical illusion. You're seeing a mere reflection of the blade off of his sweaty hands.

It seems sweat will always be Finn's ally

And a powerful ally it is

Seriously, why would you even do that?

I don't think he really knew how to hold a lightsaber.

Unless the point is he'd burn his hand.

Havent watched season 3 yet, any plot or just 'adventure of the week but its the same adventure as last week'?

There's two plots going on currently.

The Rebels are gathering ships, munitions, etc.

Thrawn is studying the Rebels tactics and what lengths they're willing to go to & is trying to coax the larger Rebellion out so that he can wipe them out.

youtube.com/watch?v=6V42FVqsaI4
agree with his statement?

>TFA couldn't get away from Lucas at times either.
Deliberately and with every plot point or theme cut from the OT and grafted, sometimes rather clumsily, into the film.

I don't give a damn shit that it's a kneejerk reaction, it is fucking retarded. Whatever meme bullshit the writer pulled out of his ass to justify his little fantasy does not change that this bravado-infested disgrace dueling Luke Skywalker and sassing Vader is refuse for lowest common denominator entertainment - and among Star Wars fans, that's really saying something. It is entirely out of character for a Stormtrooper to snark at a superior like that, no matter his special snowflake backstory.

"If you read my shitty meme comic, you'd KNOW."

"I did. I didn't like it."

"Yeah, well, that's just your opinion. You don't matter."

Not either user involved there, but what the fuck was that too, btw? Absolute fucking autism.

Got it.

The things that make other people happy make me ANGRY.

Did it take you two hours to type that up?

A FILTHY NON-HUMAN EXTRATERRESTRIAL

What am I looking at?
Is the blade too thin?

Saw this in the Christmas thread

It's tricky to explain properly, but easy to show- here's a 10000 hour effort in mspaint

See how the blade is broken up by that piece of metal? That lower glowing part should be there, the blade should begin at the top of that metal piece

Ooooooh

Why'd they make a hole there in TFA?

James was basically just repeating everything he already said in his old videos about Star Wars.

They didn't. Whoever was in charge of animating the blade for that shot fucked up. It looks normal for most of the movie except for that one shot.

Huh, weird

that video was 7 years old, about time he re-released it

twitter.com/StarWarsUK/status/804646357394931713

>The #RogueOne cast & filmmakers go live at 6PM GMT! Tweet your questions now using #AskRogueOne and tune in here: twitter.com/i/live/798701411626139648

Livestream with the Rogue One peeps, we should get some questions going over there later!

Will there be any new BIG GUNS?

>Guardians of the Whills

So the Rogue One team are the Knights of Ren, huh...

What are the chances of Thrawn being killed in Rebels or written off as dying at Endor just so they don't have to bother writing any more books with him?

Love that hat