This is the face of a man who would leave a young girl to die on a deserted island

>This is the face of a man who would leave a young girl to die on a deserted island.

Why was Maui such an ass?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@rwolfgramm/moana-and-disney-imagineering-6328bda952ef#.gu4hjlq8m
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Māui_(Māori_mythology)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a trickster god

Dont really know his lore do you?

And she learnt her lesson. The end

I watched this movie with my wife drunk as shit in the middle of a empty theater and spent the first half of it raving about how he was just another trickster satan deity and how I was certain he was leading her to her doom for his own gain

You're welcome.

He apologized to thicc island goddess at the end. And taught Moana to be a master Wayfinder, so he alright in my book.

Empty theaters are baller. I was completely alone for this in Real D, then some fat faggot and his fat faggot nephew came in. The dude talked on his phone to someone from his work through all of the coming attractions, and the little shit ran around the theater throwing a goddamn beach ball that he won in the theater's arcade at the fuggen screen.

I have to find a new place to watch movies.

Who cares.

>Empty theaters are baller
This, went to the first DnD movie in high school with my friends, no one was there but us, it was awesome.

He was the only demigod in are while he watched her on island. The went to go back but she no that starve on. Movie mauwi was are shirtless since no long was the only.

I thought he was like Hawain Superman.

Why was he such an asshole

what

Maui was the reason they didn't make it to tahiti the first time. Not only was Maui useless, he was a liability. Moana was honestly better off without him

Stop that.

It is pretty in-character for him if you know the mythology

To a demigod a human is like an insect.

I did not expect his tattoo to act as his conscience. That was a nice touch.

Because he's a demigod who has lived for over a thousand years and most definitely seen all of his mortal best friends and good acquaintances die of old age. Maui is obviously detached from mortal affairs due to his long lifespan and all the shit hes seen and done he can't properly relate to normal people anymore. To him the girl is going to die in 20-30 years anyways, the boat is going to be his in the end, he might as well expedite the process and con Moana out of her boat.

I thought his song established this his world view on mortals quite well. The only worth mortals have to him is to stroke his enormous ego and pride. That's it.

>Oh Maui. Why are you so mean?
>I'm not mean, I'm a thousand years old and I just lost track of my moral code.

Exactly

Heeey, you got a point here. i wonder how story went in earlier versions, this one felt like they were trying to please EVERYONE in the test audience.

That was the point.

>pulled the sun
>holds up the sky

Jeez Polynesians have some crazy myth.

That’s precisely what I’ve been trying to say all along! If only I could have put it that eloquently.

fpbp

I don't know anything about Polynesian myths, but those examples seem pretty common and mundane for mythology.

For a demigod? Hecules isn't the standard demigod template, he's the fucking platinum medal winner. Half of the shit he did is god level.

user his entire song was basically about how fucking great he is and that a lowly mortal should be thankful to him for taking everything good and decent thing that he has provided for them in this world for granted.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

I'm not disputing that. Just quoting an Adventure Time song.

Meh, every culture has some crazy shit
>Philippines
There used to be 7 moons but 6 got eaten by a dragon that you can put to sleep/scare off by banging copper pots
>America
Frogs used to have vaginas until coyote tricked a pair and non-permanently killed them and took them so he could have pussy wherever
>Scandinavia
The upper/middle/lower classes came to be because a god decided to have three ways with 3 couples that would become the ancestors of these people

>this is the face of a young girl who after setting her kingdom on fire was more distraught over the possibility of being punished than she was over setting her kingdom on fire.

You haven't even heard the one where a goddess fucked a crab to make humans

U okay user?

Because adults like you (gulp!) didn't love him as a kid, you cold insensitive bastard.

He's a god, isn't he? He don't give a shit.

His mother threw him in the ocean like a piece of garbage as a child.

That leaves scars.

medium.com/@rwolfgramm/moana-and-disney-imagineering-6328bda952ef#.gu4hjlq8m

What does /Co think of this article?

Go back to tumblr

>trickster spirit

>I thought he was like Hawain Superman.

He was, if only for the deeds he's done. But he's also supposed to be the smallest and scrawniest of his brothers who used his cleverness to trick them again and again.

If it wasn't for the tattoo, Maui would've been worse than Tamatoa. Fuck, he kinda was anyways, since he was the reason Te Ka existed.

It's a reasonable and well thought out opinion I have no investment in

Are you having a stroke?

Stellar post

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Māui_(Māori_mythology)

>His last, fatal trick was on the Goddess Hine-nui-te-pō. In attempting to make mankind immortal by changing into a worm, entering her vagina and leaving by her mouth while she slept, she crushed him with the obsidian teeth in her vagina.

What did you guys think about the crab song and visuals?

i think it was shiny

He is just a nigger, what did you expect?
Also never trust your life to someone who believes in god/magic.

>medium.com/@rwolfgramm/moana-and-disney-imagineering-6328bda952ef#.gu4hjlq8m

When did swearing in articles become widespread?

Trickster god.

Also he was stuck on that island for a long ass time, that sort of thing has a way of changing a man

Wait, i thought to GODS, humans were like insects, but to demigods, humans are like pathetic cripples.

Mewni is such a shithole (barring the palace) that its probably a regular occurrence anyway

also yeah magic hax

He's a dick, that's why.

>she crushed him with the obsidian teeth in her vagina.
Dafuq?

>Vagina Dentata

NOT EVEN ONCE

Saw Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters in an empty theater with some friends

passed around a bottle and MSt3k'd it.

All of us Singing Drowning pool's "Bodies" at the top of our lungs during the Chain gun scene is something I'll treasure forever.

What your mom and dad never talked to you about the birds and the bees and the flesh-eating obsidian maw?

Fuckin' conservatives, man.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What a bro.

>The dude talked on his phone to someone from his work through all of the coming attractions, and the little shit ran around the theater throwing a goddamn beach ball that he won in the theater's arcade at the fuggen screen.

literally just talk to him and ask him to stop or get up and get a theater employee to fix the situation

did you really just sit there like a mad little autist and do nothing?