I think this pic related would work as star Wars story spin off. anti hero protagonist...

I think this pic related would work as star Wars story spin off. anti hero protagonist. Unique villain that doesn't seem corny. Takes place in between empire and Jedi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NsM3o0Vk0Js
youtu.be/igVoOaKd3ps
youtube.com/watch?v=urf5LBYtaeI
hardcoregaming101.net/tracing/tracing.htm
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL52216F97F15A201A
youtube.com/watch?v=5nitJd6cIXU
youtube.com/watch?v=53H0pNk1RSw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was planned to have a movie released based on it. There were comic books, novels, action figures, and a video game based on the story. It pretty much launched what we know as the old EU along with the thrawn books. I see no reason why the planned movie wouldn’t have worked. Using the novels plot it would’ve been like rogue one but better.

No it wasn't. The idea was basically "What if we had all of the merchandise of a new Star Wars movie without actually making a movie?"

That said, Lucas allegedly liked it a lot.

I guess planned wasn’t the right word but the foundation and idea was laid and definitely discussed for a film.

Most of the video games have a way better story than Disney wars

This game, comics, toys and everything else were my childhood kino. The 90s were a good time to grow up as a Star Wars fan

>It was planned to have a movie released based on it.
It never had a motion picture attached to it, it was always a mixed-media project that without a movie.

I already admitted that planned was the wrong word above.

white males though bro, cant do it

>get stuck in this level for years
>turn up the brightness on TV one day
>beat the game that afternoon

Bull shit, a big plot point in the novel was Leia getting GREENED

As for Lucas liking it a lot I think Lucas is a great writer and has good taste in stories, but god damnit I just wish he would’ve let someone else direct/make the prequels. All the best Star Wars movies after the first had someone else direct them.

THREAD THEME BABIES

youtu.be/NsM3o0Vk0Js

Not posting xizors palace theme

youtu.be/igVoOaKd3ps

HAN SOLO, I'M DAS(H)

They could film the sewer level scene and it would be so scary it would make people cry.

It also had a fucking kickass official soundtrack too. I have that.

To me, my official headcanon will always be original trilogy, Thrawn trilogy and Shadow of Empire as Star wars universe. That's it. Fuck prequels, fuck Disney Wars.

I thought the whole point was exactly the opposite: everything that comes with the movie minus the movie.
Either way I'm sure Disney will replace the events in SOTE with a bunch of movies or comic books of their own. I never really wanted to see a SOTE movie and they'd need young Han, Luke and Leia for that. I don't want them recast and I don't want them CGI'd either.

I agree, I always felt this one was more iconic.

Fuck you both, this was my shit

youtube.com/watch?v=urf5LBYtaeI

I love that track as well but I always related it more to Episode 5 than Shadows, it was the snowspeeder rescue scene theme iirc. This game made very good use of it though.

Agreed, that was also my favorite level. Back then, just a hint of some kind of larger world around you was pretty awesome. SOTE did the whole crashed star destroyer thing 20 years before Rogue One.

>Turok treetop level with bottomless pits
>Goldeneye's """secret""" bunker on the dam level

ig-88 fight was spooky, he'd pop up out of nowhere

Iirc they launched it (sote) as a multimedia project kind of as an experiment. The idea of a movie was presented and toyed around with because it was such a success but they put their efforts into the special edition re releases and the prequel movies instead.

Dash Rendar looked so much like Michael Biehn

True, and wouldn't surprise me that they did that on purpose, many games back then and some comics including a Star Wars comic called Union, used photos or famous actors (without crediting them) and traced over them for their graphics, cover art, etc.

Wasn't Bastila Shan based off Kate Beckinsale?

Also have you got a link that talks about who is based off who?
Specifically Tales of the Jedi.

I'm not sure about those, sorry, I'll look into it.
Meanwhile here's a guy based on Jack Nicholson from the comic Star Wars Union. And here's a link to a site dedicated to finding out if videogames' art was traced over real photos:
hardcoregaming101.net/tracing/tracing.htm

was that the guy with the sex slave pheromones or whatever? did they actually fug tho?

I think he is, yeah, but at least in the comic they didn't fug, she knees him in the balls after she realizes something's not right, and the effect wears off.

man that's beautiful, rented that game on my n64 so long ago and played the shit out of it in spite o the wonky controls

Was this game really dark for a Sta Wars game? Im asking because I only played it when I was kid and some bits definitely felt scary and too hard. Specially IG-88 and Sewers levels.

Ship levels were kino tho, specially the last one.

I'd say it wasn't really dark or edgy or anything like that in terms of the story. It didn't really reference anything about Xizor trying to have sex with Leia, it didn't say much about the biker gang, there wasn't too much violence (just fantasy blasters and lasers). I think it just felt scary because it was hard and the graphics were low poly and some levels had little light and a lot of fog. Also because of the sound.
I would say the Episode 1 game was darker because it had blood and let you kill animals and little children.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL52216F97F15A201A

here's the soundtrack that was also made as a companion piece to the novel.
it's supposed to emulate the feel of the story, it doesn't actually sync up to reading the book per se.

>it doesn't actually sync up to reading the book per se.
That would have been nice, a soundtrack that lasts as long as they assume it would take you to read the book. Or something you can actually listen to while reading it because it was meant to be that way. Has that been done before?

It's dark in an eerie/spooky way, but not "edgy"

no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Thanks for the link, listening right now and loving it.

DDDOOOOOON

THUD

The best was jumping down the center of that descending spiral platform at the start of the sewers.

I deliberately jumped off shit so often because this cracked me up too much

Same here, lmao

I also kept jumping off the train to see how far I could land

Also guilty of that here.
I cant think of anything else I would often do myself though.

>the frigate level with the different levers and droids would pop out behind the doors with blasters and scare the fuck out of me

>Sewer level

What was the level where you fell in the water and the thing would come after you? That scared the hell out of me for some reason.

Beat me too it.

sewers of xizor's palace

>afraid of spiders
>afraid of drowning
Eight year old me was not ready for this shit.

the scariest thing about this game was activating noclip and falling through the floor.

>Boss fight at the end of the the train level

>mfw kid me thought there was a way to get on board the millenium falcon as it flew away at the start of echo base because that kid at school said so

>Lucas is a great writer and has good taste in stories

Lol what? Lucas is an idea man with an unhealthy obsession with midgets who can't keep a tone to save his life (or career). You can see it on Howard the Duck, Willow and even Labyrinth. There are passages which are dark and adult and then there are passages which are too childish even for actual children.

Episode I game was awesome, I'd rent it all the time. Took forever to get through Tatooine.

Anyone remember the Dash cameo in X-Wing Alliance?

was that the one with the giant octopus whatever-the-fuck creature and you're in the water and it's got these huge arms and shit? i barely remember it but that legit scared me back then

It came out 5 years after heir to the empire. You retarded fucking 90s born queer.

Yep, and the water is murky as fuck so you can barely see it coming at you

Why the fuck wasn't Dash Rendar in Rogue One? Or at the very least, Kyle Katarn?

MY FUCKIN NIGGA

Cos Kyle would have destroyed the whole Imperial fleet and beaten up Vader

>implying normies know either of those two

On a related note, how many times has an EU story shown the Death Star plans being stolen? There was Dark Forces, this game which was the second death star plans I think, and some shitty game for PSP where you played a twilek. I never read much of the comics or novels but I'm assuming there's some of those that took a crack at it too.

>The Gang Destroys The Space Time Continuum

They certainly wouldn't have known any of the new fuckers they made up. Kyle or Dash would have been ten times more memorable than angsty mexican, doubly more so than upset brit.

>Jyn Erso
>Jan Ors

HMM I WONDER WHAT INSPIRED THE PLOT OF ROGUE JUAN

Disney would change the main protagonist into an Female Asian. No thanks.

Are we supposed to argue with your imagination or something?

Fun game, though the protagonist ran like Tom Jones

Now I remember

holy fuck I haven't seen this in over a decade but instantly remembered it and got triggered

>holy fuck
>triggered
90s born queers were a mistake.

No. They literally pushed SotE as a ”movie without a movie". There was never any discussion of making a movie of it. Literally the opposite.

don't bully

I was born in 87

He was contractually obliged to write and direct all three movies as a condition of the huge merch and tie-in deal he made to collect funding.

That's why you see in the behind the scenes shit, him being super foot-draggy about getting started on the writing. And then trying to fix everything afterwards with digital editing tricks.

Arent you too old to be acting like such a little queer?

Those shoulder things always annoyed me. They'd restrict his moment and every time he raised his arm they'd squeeze into his neck.

aren't you a little old to be autistically calling someone a faggot over something as trivial as "holy fuck?" you need more things to keep yourself occupied I think.

You're some kind of queer right?

careful user, your age is showing

>when you're 10 and enemy pathing isn't a thing you think about and you get trapped in the cave between the cliff wampas

It's literally all he does, an embarrassing aussie too. You'd think he would try and maybe distinguish himself as superior rather than spam something a 5 year old could do.

>those fucking jump physics

literally unplayable even in 99

Pathetic if you didn't utilize cheat codes and mind control wampas to kill everyone in your path.

Star Wars isn't even allowed to have white male vidya protags anymore. Subtlety of a fucking hammer.

Reminder there's literally a kino soundtrack already. All of this is too much beauty for shitsney, will never happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=5nitJd6cIXU

Sounds like generic Star Wars music. At least it's not downright autistic like like Rogue One's title theme youtube.com/watch?v=53H0pNk1RSw every time it came (2-4 times total) on in the movie I cringed.

reminder this idiot has no idea what he's talking about.

>Arriving on the planet, she attends the meeting only to find out that the Empire is building another Death Star under construction above Endor. In an effort to come up with a plan, the meeting goes late into the night, the result of which is the basic plan for the Battle of Endor. They decide the Rebel fleet will mass near Sullust to take advantage of a secret Imperial hyperspace lane which will get them to the Outer Rim much faster than otherwise possible.

>Leia suggests an additional aspect to the mission. In an effort to distract the empire from the massing rebel fleet, Leia will take a small team and lay message beacons directing rebel ships to mass at the Corva system, very far away from Endor. Mon Mothma is uneasy, but says she'll think on it.

One of the new Leia novels tells what happens between ESB and ROTJ and it's not as exciting as SOTE.