Things that were cut from the crossover

> An Alex/Sara romance that never was: “There was a little exchange between Sara [Caity Lotz] and Kara [Melissa Benoist] that I really liked — I don’t think we even filmed it — where Sara says, ‘Hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over?’” Kreisberg reveals, “and Kara says, ‘I think you wanna meet my sister.’ Just the idea of starting the Sara/Alex [Chyler Leigh] shippers going…”

>Familiar faces: “There were moments with Colton [Haynes] and Colin [Donnell] in Arrow that were scripted that we obviously just couldn’t do because of Colin and Colton’s availabilities,” Guggenheim says. “For example, Roy was going to be Thea’s [Willa Holland] boyfriend, that hadn’t changed, and they met when he stole her purse, and that also hadn’t changed. I just thought that would have been fun and nice to see.”

>For the diehards: “There were a lot more nods to the comic book,” Kreisberg says of the Dominators. “There was discussion about the size of their circles and how that was indicative of where they stood in the caste system, so I’m sorry some of that stuff went away just because it was great flavor, and I think people who are fans of the original comic book would have seen a lot more of our joy at adapting Invasion in there, but unfortunately, to get these down to the proper time, that’s the kind of stuff that tends to fall by the wayside.”

Other urls found in this thread:

supermanhomepage.com/december-2-2016-cut-scenes-from-the-cw-invasion-crossover/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> A change of clothes: “Originally we had designed the Dominators with the green robes that were very iconic of the comic,” Guggenheim says. “When we decided to do all the Dominators full CG, as we ended up doing, the robes had to go away because the presence of the robes made animating them prohibitively impossible.”

> A super moment saved for later: “There was a Supergirl moment on the Waverider that I really wanted to get in there,” Guggenheim says. “I’m not going to tell you what it is, because we may do it next year, but Supergirl never ended up on the Waverider, so we couldn’t do the moment.”

>Speedy says what we’re all thinking: “There was a funny scene between Speedy and H.R. [Tom Cavanagh] where she says, ‘So what are you doing here? What value do you bring?’” Kreisberg says. “He’s like, ‘Well I’m writing a book,’ and she’s like, ‘Oh, that’ll be a big help,’ and walks away.”

So they cut nothing of importance then? Great.

I still would have preferred a fourth full episode of the crossover instead of the teaser we got at the end of the last supergirl

I got the joke with Ray saying that Kara looks just like his cousin (and it really made me laugh), but I didn't get why Felicity said that looking at her was "like looking in a mirror".

Kara's human disguise makes her look a lot like Felicity. Glasses, "conservative" wardrobe, & blonde hair.

I figured it was probably that but I thought maybe I was missing something.

Explain the Ray cousin joke?

He played superman in superman returns

Oh fuck, that's right! I get it now. Thanks.

>Familiar faces: “There were moments with Colton [Haynes] and Colin [Donnell] in Arrow that were scripted that we obviously just couldn’t do because of Colin and Colton’s availabilities,” Guggenheim says. “For example, Roy was going to be Thea’s [Willa Holland] boyfriend, that hadn’t changed, and they met when he stole her purse, and that also hadn’t changed. I just thought that would have been fun and nice to see.”
just them, huh?

I do wish they'd done more with the Supergirl episode so we'd have had a real 4-way crossover. On reflection, I guess it makes sense with the significance of Medusa to the rest of the Supergirl season that Barry showing up would have ruined the flow.

Maybe next time the timings will work out better..

Pretty much confirms for me that Manu wasn't asked to come back.

I don't think he would have come back anyway considering he was just jobbing again. Twice.

At least he got a name drop desu.

Poor Celina Jade (Shado) didn't even get that and she was a big part of the earlier seasons.

I can't believe they didn't put any GL easter eggs. They could've at least name drop something like space sector 2814, I mean it did involve aliens.

I wanted J'onn to be a part of the crossover so we could get half of JLDetroit's roster together
>Martian Manhunter
>Vixen
>Vibe
>Citizen Steel

Embargoed.

I mean he was never on the island so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

I guess neither did Deathstroke then, but that was the dominators trying to stop him from escaping so I guess it gets a pass.

Pretty bad.
Total runtime is what.... 70 minutes?
Thats a fucking movie, without any of the pacing or high points.

They showed Hal's jacket last season, I think references are fine.

That was before.

This was a terrible event.

There wasn't any good interactions or battles or...nothing at all, an entire episode just for setting and barry feeling bad again, an entire episode trapped in a dream.

What was the fucking point of this event?

>I wanted J'onn to be a part of the crossover
It was fucked up that Supergirl said "on my earth it's just my cousin and I"
I mean this is after Guardian has appeared and she mentioned that Superman knew a vigilante before so...

>an entire episode trapped in a dream
I honestly cannot fathom how people watch any of the CW shows live ... if I couldn't skip past the soap opera quality relationship wangst every episode of every show or the really really obnoxiously stupid shit like the dream sequences or the flashbacks on arrow I'd find them unwatchable.

The Arrow episode was my perfect quitting for good point. It summed up the good stuff in the first two and a half seasons. Great to see a lot of the season 1 cast make it back for an episode, hell even Tommy showed up for a second. 4 was shit and 5 is just as terrible, even without the felicity bullshit. So, great way to end.

>What was the fucking point of this event?
Crossover.
The problem is that for a crossover to work, you need the event to be good, so there at the least is a bait to get watching the cross over shows

So is Sara just a full-on, hard-gay Lesbian now? Have they completely ignored her romance with Oliver?

A few things happened in Legends that made the event more or less worthwhile
>Supergirl now has a means to become more active with Team Flash/Arrow due to the literal plot device Cisco gave her
>We learn that Professor Stein now has a fuckable daughter in this new timeline
>Cisco finally got over his bitch fit and is friends with Barry again
The last one is the most important. Now Cisco can go back to being likeable and reasonable.

>hell even Tommy showed up for a second.
That was just poorly done CGI, famalam.

yep she just goes around through time seducing women now

the entire event was poorly done

She prefers girls.

Its like she runs mono G but splahses U for countermagic.

except counter magic is dicks

Were they trying to make this show safe space for manlets?

UG decks don't use counters.
It's either spam creatures or some dumb combo shit.

>Aliens get mad because Barry screwed time and want his head
>Completly ignore the timetravel ship and multiple aberrations

Can someone explain?

It was all an excuse; so that the humans (gullible agent Smith, et.al.) would voluntarily surrender a metahuman to them that they can then torture and study.

The aliens probably don't have any means of detecting time aberrations and may just have been spying on Cisco's (and earlier Caitlin's) whining.

The metas on the time-ship were parlayed for freeing the alien in 1951. (NOT!!!)

The aliens were going to use the Meta-bomb regardless (as they found out just before the final fight).

Does anyone have a magnet for Legends? I don't usually watch TV, so I don't know the "usual place" for live action stuff.

1337x.to

> An Alex/Sara romance that never was: “There was a little exchange between Sara [Caity Lotz] and Kara [Melissa Benoist] that I really liked — I don’t think we even filmed it — where Sara says, ‘Hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over?’” Kreisberg reveals, “and Kara says, ‘I think you wanna meet my sister.’ Just the idea of starting the Sara/Alex [Chyler Leigh] shippers going…”

>not Sara/Kara

fucks sake

too bad Castro died and wally couldn't team up again

Got it, thanks.

They are like the remplacement of the timelords.

>> A change of clothes: “Originally we had designed the Dominators with the green robes that were very iconic of the comic,” Guggenheim says. “When we decided to do all the Dominators full CG, as we ended up doing, the robes had to go away because the presence of the robes made animating them prohibitively impossible.”

i'm glad there's a reason. they looked so naked. i am shocked CGI is easier than some yellow makeup and teeth prosthetics and shit

I wish agent smith was king Faraday but then again he turned out to be a total dick.
Ever since new Frontier I've wanted to see more of the guy.

It's not but it looks a lot better then guys in costumes. When they were beating up on a group of them it shows. We don't need power ranger puddles

It would have been better if the aliens were full-on Jap/Fu Manchu stereotypes like in the comics

>Sara/Kara
But is the world ready for something of that magnitude?

They were Asian Jews

my immediate thought was this image.

>The big Invasion crossover across The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow had a lot to pack in, from introducing Supergirl to most of the Earth-1 heroes to celebrating Arrow's 100th episode. Even over three shows, not every idea for the huge event made the final cut. For instance, Lynda Carter almost appeared as her Supergirl character, President Olivia Marsdin. Well, her Earth-1 counterpart, that is.

>Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim told EW that the original plan was to have the Earth-1 Olivia Marsden be the Vice President who inherited the Oval Office after her predecessor was killed by the Dominators, but she was left out over the concern that her appearance might confuse casual viewers. He explained:

>Actually in the original draft of the Legends episode, she was the Vice President who became the President. The studio had what we all considered to be a very fair note, which is it was a bit too confusing. You get into the parallel earths of it all --- she's not the President on our Earth, she's the Vice President. In the midst of time travel and aliens, it just was --- as Oliver would put it --- one sci-fi problem too much. We thought, 'Okay, if the studio is getting thrown by it, and confused, the audience might be too,' so we took her out. Believe me, it was not for lack of wanting to; I was planning on being on set that day.

>seeds to bring supregirl into CW

i like it.

the needle they gotta thread of crisis but not The Crisis is gonna be fun

Here's the source since OP is too fucking lazy to post it.
supermanhomepage.com/december-2-2016-cut-scenes-from-the-cw-invasion-crossover/

>posting in a thread with no source
Shame on you all.

Yeah animating moving fabrics is difficult. Same with fur. There's a reason most CGI creatures skew towards reptilian appearances.

Next year they should do the anti monitor so supergirl's world can merge with the cw one.
Or do the hawkworld invasion. Maybe skip bloodlines.

>Kara is the only person that 100% trusts Barry no matter what
I really hope they bring her onto Flash once they cancel Supergirl, I like their lovey-dovey relationship and Iris a shit desu. Benoist with a good supporting cast would be top. Supergirl's supporting cast makes me feel like I'm watching New Girl.

>Just the idea of starting the Sara/Alex [Chyler Leigh] shippers going…
Good to see the writers are still shit.

But thats wrong because Felicity has man face

>Felicity thinks it's like looking in a mirror
>Ray thinks Kara looks a lot like his cousin.

>Ray and Felicity used to be engaged

= Ray secretly wanting his cousin

WINCEST ALERT!!!

It'd be funny if she was talking about Gangbuster.

>" ... lots of gadgets; lots of demons."
Nope

Sources are for dewbs

She obviously means Nightwing.

>the original plan was to have the Earth-1 Olivia Marsden be the Vice President who inherited the Oval Office after her predecessor was killed by the Dominators, but she was left out over the concern that her appearance might confuse casual viewers
>In the midst of time travel and aliens, it just was --- as Oliver would put it --- one sci-fi problem too much.
Awe, c'mon! My mom would've gotten it!

You're mum a shit