>Gem Harvest
720p: mega.nz/#!91whmaaK!bSvDmv706k-TsUDGnI6g5phAO1Ws-F2D5CRDQlJwDN8
1080p: dl.sug.rocks/YP-SU-1R-04x08.mkv
Watch online: marebucks.com/sun/110/

[EPISODES & OTHER MEDIA]
>Episode downloads
1080p: mega.nz/#F!JotHkR6Y!giZlsdwr_k5ULQAIJKWrsw
1080p alt: sug.rocks/dl.html
Comics, soundtracks, older 720p/1080p episodes: mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw
>Official airing schedule in EST (click to the right of the logo)
cartoonnetwork.com/shows/steven-universe/pictures/index.html

[LEAKS] (make sure to use spoiler tags when discussing)
>2-minute previews and screenshots from CN server
kametsu.com/topic/54797-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/
>Leakbot and other cool /sug/ stuff
sug.rocks/leaks.html

[OFFICIAL SITES]
stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/
soundcloud.com/aivisura
keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com
twitter.com/PERIDOT5XG

[MISC]
>SDCC Zuke/Tang Zine
mega.nz/#!eJ9EnSwT!8OUGwk3JOpCcrG7umF4xw3g9MKq4kp873LQvo3lxDQ8
>/sug/ writebin
pastebin.com/f86yQm0T
>Archived threads
desuarchive.org/co/search/text//sug//type/op/
desuarchive.org/trash/search/text//sug//type/op/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j-K-zqLNtcw
youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2qtDuO9t8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This show is fucking garbage lmao

PEARL IS A ____

They are trying very hard right now.
Ian is even doing his baby ritual.
Babies will happen soon.

Thanks for sharing.

fucking psychopath

That people actually believe that Becky is a narcissist just because of Zuke saying it.

An interesting character with a myriad of complicated emotions and mental instabilities.

BIRDMAN

slut
youtube.com/watch?v=j-K-zqLNtcw

Sexy as fuck Santa.

I don't think I've seen anyone who actually believes that, at least not here on /sug/

Rose is a bigger one cause she got preggos

incompetent homosexual bird with pedophilic tendencies

I knew Pearl was going to have a moment like this eventually. It feels good to be validated.

MY SECOND FAVORITE GEM WAIFU

murderer

>They are trying very hard right now.
that is a very interesting mental image

>someone made this
... but why?

Not here, but you know there are people that believe it out there.

Now we need fanart of Pearl murdering the babysitter.

>You're abusive and not progressive because you won't include my personal ship in your canon

Zuke has no business calling anyone else a narcissist. I think the problem is that depressed people or people with low self-esteem often falsely believe they can never be self-absorbed just because they dislike themselves and their lives.

L-lewd

If you're entertained by other people's stupidity, it can be a good bit of fun just going on the "lauren zuke" tag on tumblr and sorting by new.

Terrible mineral
>Steven takes Lapis out of mirror, mirror shatters
>Pearl takes Rose Quartz out of Steven, Steven ____

Gem I am proud of to see how far she's really come.

Poofs because he's a hybrid being and not a human with a gem implant.

Okay, so steven wanted his gem uncovered as a tot, why doesn't he let the bitch air out now?
thinking back has he ever used his powers while his shirt was covering his gem?

>NOW LOOK AT THIS GEM THAT I JUST FOUND
>WHEN I SAY WHACK BE READY TO CRACK
>WHACK!
>CRACK HER GEM NOT MINE!

Isn't it interesring though. Pearl's way of trying to bring Rose back was the only way we didn't get to see. Steven is neither a fusion nor a shapeshifted Rose. But can pulling off his gem actually make Rose come back without damaging him? I think this may be the reason it wasn't shown because we will see it happen in the future as Steven pulls off his gem so he can reunite with his mother and then lead a normal human life with Connie.

Only 50% of him poofs, the rest of his body critically fails.

Dead at best, brain dead vegetable at worst.

I hope not. That sounds like an awful ending.

*dolphin noises*

Your own logic contradicts itself. Normal Gems can poof because their bodies are made out of light, but Steven is organic. Even if he could poof, who's to say Rose Quartz won't regenerate instead of Steven?

It's the only way for a semi-happy, bitter sweet ending for our protagonist. Remember how in the book he and Connie read the Bird half human hubrid wished to become fully human again so he could be with the princess. Foreshadowing.

OR he could come to terms with what he is and understand that his mother planned for him to be the emissary between the two races.

Also any ending where Rose comes back to life is a de facto shit ending lol.

How come Jacinth can do some decent art but then his other art is crap?

Speaking in the realm of actual possibilities in the show, assuming we eventually see Steven's gem get separated from his body there's only a few select "acceptable" outcomes being that this is a daytime CN show and I doubt they'd be okay with killing off the main character. I believe it will happen eventually as this is the second time the show has brought up Steven's "death" in some way or another.

1. Steven recedes into his gem - allowing him to regenerate
The issue with this is, as is right about, it would require Steven's gem to be able to regenerate flesh and blood along with light. This is not technically impossible, since so long as the gem contains the right genetic code and enough cells to work with it could theoretically recreate a fully formed human.

2. Rose regenerate separate from Steven
This just seems like poor writing. Even with what says, Connie literally complains about the book completely derailing the plot to put in this feel good BS ending.

Anything else that's reasonable I can think of would result in Steven's death, which would either be a series finale, or outright not happen.

>body is made of light
Now it's hard to argue something that the writers have no idea what that really means.
Why try to give a scientific reason when it falls flat and no one m led what to do with it?

>We'll be together again
did she mean her and rose
or rose and the rest of them

It is explained a little bit here, but yeah, not much is known about the specifics of how it works.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2qtDuO9t8

Basically just think of them as that bullshit "hardlight" sci-fi games and movies try to pull when explaining an energy shield or whatever.

>Steven can shapeshift
Please explain.

why do they do this to amethyst's face

LAAAAMAAAAAAAARRRRR

she's been eating too much garbage I tell ya

Not sure what the other user is about, but he can shapeshift.

Steven Uses shapeshifting in Cat Fingers, So Many Birthdays, Steven's Birthday, and Too Short to Ride.

You're missing the point of my post. Organic creatures cannot shapeshift. It's a property that only makes sense for a hardlight structure like a normal gem. I'm asking for an explanation for why Steven can shapshift but he wouldn't be able to regenerate.

That was kind of his point, he was saying that Steven isn't really quite organic because if he was he wouldn't be able to shapeshift.

He wasn't be sarcastic, he was using it as an example.

Steven can shapeshift, even though his body isn't made out of light. He's organic, and organic people can't do that. So, he's arguing that if Steven can still shape shift while also being organic than there is still the possibility that he can still poof and recede into his gem, and reform as an organic.

How do I raise babby?

egg egg egg

All he's done with his shapeshifting so far has been stretching limbs and making cat heads grow on his body. It could be that his shapeshifting is just rapid cell mutations that he can control. He can stretch his arms and legs but I don't think he can turn into a helicopter.

frog frog frog

So, when are the new episodes? That one covered ground we all already sussed out on our own, and besides that we already knew they didn't know what Steven was.

So it was an episode of seeing how salty Pearl was, and then her not killing Stevie because Rose wanted to die to become a part of a baby.

>so long as the gem contains the right genetic code and enough cells to work with it could theoretically recreate a fully formed human.
worked the first time

I'm guessing that Steven is made of flesh but also hard-light, and when he shapeshifts, the parts that are light are able to actually move the fleshy bits around.

...Though honestly what's really disturbing is Stevonnie, because Connie is 100% flesh, and yet she's able to fuse and unfuse without any problems. I'm not really sure a pseudo-scientific explanation is even possible, so there's no resort but it being a kid's show.

We're going on another hiatus, killing off more of the fanbase.

eyyy

>If I take It out will you die?

I don't think she wanted to die, she just wanted to create a baby with Greg more.

She might not even be technically dead since gems are still considered alive if their gem is undamaged, Steven is just using it for now.

It would be extremely painful.

>You're a little fusion

Gems can shift the shapes of the non-gem bodies they're embedded into.

>hey guys im gonna kill myself to make this stupid little fuck lol see ya never

why would anyone do this?

He was still able to spontaneously grow cat hair. It's not like a normal human has anything resembling cat hair. Plus he's never tested his potential with his shapshifting, which I don't blame him for after Cat Fingers.

> It could be that his shapeshifting is just rapid cell mutations that he can control.
It's possible he can only stretch and form organic components, but wouldn't that be all he needs to regenerate?

Maybe? It's hard to say how much of him is actually hard light and how much is organic.

>...Though honestly what's really disturbing is Stevonnie, because Connie is 100% flesh, and yet she's able to fuse and unfuse without any problems.
This is a good point too. It even looks like Connie gets converted to light when she fuses, which would make the "Steven can regenerate" idea even more more possible since it shows human flesh can be turned into light.

Source?

Rose sexually identifies as a human. Becoming Steven was the only way to fully transition.

>implying Rose is dead
>implying Rose isn't just in spectator mode, looking from Steven's perspective
>implying the series will end with the twist that the show was actually from Rose's perspective

Rose is evil and Steven is a weapon

>Source?
Together Breakfast
Frybo
Horror Club.

Maybe our understanding of humans in this universe is wrong, maybe everyone has these potentials inside them but cant access them without gem "magic"

Frybo and Together Breakfast are early enough that I'd be willing to attribute it to "early show weirdness" kind of like the gem shards from Frybo not regenerating, but Horror Club definitely can't be filed like that, so it's probably true, just not talked about a lot.

Even so, Steven's meant to be a hybrid being, not a human with a gem embedded in him. His powers react to his emotions, not the emotions of the gem embedded in him.

Rose is a fat retarded slut just like every other quartz gem

>His powers react to his emotions, not the emotions of the gem embedded in him.
For clarity I should probably have written this as "not the emotions of the gem that makes up half of his being."

Interesting idea, but I would imagine Rose would have been able to fuse with Greg if that were the case.

>I would imagine Rose would have been able to fuse with Greg if that were the case.
there's still too much of a gap, and she realized this and that's why she decided to make steven

His gem reacts to his emotions, as if Rose's gem feeds off Steven's positive emotions which in return gives him powers.

>there's still too much of a gap
But by your proposition, Connie should have the same potential as Greg. The only thing they would need to tap into that potential is gem magic, which Rose had.

Rose didn't have the level of empathy Steven has.

Uhh, that's a bit of a reach. Rose could use her powers at will, why would she need to feed off Steven's positive emotions to get those powers to function?

Whoever did amethyst this episode really fucked up

It's symbiosis. Rose wanted the experience of being human, so Steven living his life gives her that experience, while Rose uses her abilities to protect him.

Rose must have done some serious fuckery to her gem to make it linked to Steven's thoughts. That's probably the reason she doesn't have a form anymore, even though she still seems to be alive inside of it. Pulling it out would probably just kill Steven and they'd be left with a bodyless Rose gem.

She seemed plenty empathetic, just naive of the functions of a normal human. One of Steven's powers is to literally mentally connect with the mind of another person, feeling pain when they feel pain. It's not like we have any evidence she saved Earth and freed all the gems who fought with her until they got corrupted for her own selfish goals.

>kind of like the gem shards from Frybo not regenerating
That was kind of strange. The gem shards in Secret Team regenerated almost right after being released from the bubble.

Rose can't have her form right now, because Steven IS her for.

amethyst and greg aren't too different

I'm not saying that Rose isn't trying, but the flashback episode kinda portrays Rose of most often having a really superficial view of others and their needs.

steven is half human
he's the bridge

Is there anything to even support that? It seems like pure conjecture.

>Rose must have done some serious fuckery to her gem to make it linked to Steven's thoughts.
It's a much simpler explanation that the gem is literally Steven's. I remember something the crew either said or produced stated Steven's DNA looked ridiculously funky because it was essentially only half human mixed with data.
>even though she still seems to be alive inside of it.
Source?

>Pulling it out would probably just kill Steven and they'd be left with a bodyless Rose gem.
see

I guess it's possible, I just don't see much to support your case. Basically it's entire basis is that Connie turns to light when fusing with Steven, yet that could be explained as a property of Steven's hybrid powers, allowing him to turn flesh into light.

I realize, I'm simply trying to work with the idea that humans have some form of power as well, as was proposed here

>Is there anything to even support that? It seems like pure conjecture.
This is in reference to
>Rose uses her abilities to protect him.
in particular.

Did she almost disembowel Steven?

>Is there anything to even support that? It seems like pure conjecture.
Rose's last flashback appearance in Greg the Babysitter shown her to be really envious of human lives and their natural ability to grow. There is also a possibility that Rose is still alive and is part of Steven's subconscious, due to her voice materializing as the Pink Whale in Rose's Room. Also...
>"And I need you to know that every moment you love being yourself, that's me, loving you and loving being you"
From Lion 3.

>"the few months I spent as a toilet"
what did she mean by this?

I'm saying that due to Steven being more empathetic towards others, he can get in sync with them more easily, and that allows him to fuse with them, and that Gem's inability to fuse with humans is a mental barrier, not a physical one.

Yeah, that was my fault, see , I realized fairly late that what I was asking about could be misconstrued.

It's not that I doubt Rose wanted to experience being human, it was the idea that Steven's powers only emerge as a way to protect Steven.

If it were the case, wouldn't Rose have tried to protect baby Steven from Pearl when she tried to pull his gem out?