What went so terribly wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZGiVzIr8Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=bDe0n9f1kUc&t=12s
youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1uGlucXZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

blacks ruin everything

They moved away from music.

They might as well rename themselves to RealTV -- like that old show -- since they show zero music.

The Real World
There's probably more to it than that, but I'm sure that was a major cause.

Music died

the music+animation era was pure kino. single 1-2 hour block of not music between music centric programming was just the best. viacom was the real problem.

You mean what went so terrible right?

MTV essentially pivoted just before everyone got fed up with music channels.

The kikes got to them

I saw a documentary on the 80s which explained it. In the beginning MTV refused to play black music. But some prominent media jews threatened to pull the plug on them, so they were forced to. Then kikes eventually bought out MTV (Sumner Redstone) and completely destroyed it.

Before Adult Swim was a thing.

and liquidtv was just the best: the head, the maxx, aeon flux, beavis & butthead, brad dharma

>In the beginning MTV refused to play black music.
I need to see that to believe it. There essentially wasn't much black music beyond Pop music on MTV.

Cartoon Sushi and MTV Oddities/Liquid TV are great.

WTF is that real?
Any link for the documentary?

There's no point for a music channel on TV, there's really no point for TV in general if you think about it. MTV is like Blockbuster.

youtube.com/watch?v=XZGiVzIr8Qg
Didn't Bowie say something about that?

I would say that the internet killed them, except that it didn't.

They killed themselves in an attempt to diversify, except they didn't know shit and worked against the entire premise people watched their channel for.

Shut the fuck up.

fuck you nigger you know is truth

Fuck off, we are the trend setters of the world.

TV is important. The problem is that television stations are all centralized and monopolized because of the 1996 Telecommunications act. TV should be free to the public airwaves, same with radio but is completely controlled by a very small group of people.

i don't know if there was a point to music videos but prior to mtv music videos were prime. Thriller/Paradise by Dashboard Light were the peak of music memetics which ~= music sales.

There were non-MTV attempts and it turned out pretty great.

Late 90s it went to shit. However, millennials will say late 2000s because they have more fond memories of TRL and nsync.

Is this rancid shit still on?

youtube.com/watch?v=bDe0n9f1kUc&t=12s

I don't remember which part or episode it's on, but it was in this documentary.

Reminder that Silent Library and Jackass were the best live-action MTV shows.

God no.

Cheap you know who's buying successful companies and running them into the ground 90s MTV animation was dope. Look at early 00s Adult Swim compared to now for a recent case study why do Tim & Eric get so many shows now?

>However, millennials will say late 2000s because they have more fond memories of TRL and nsync.

Why do I get the feeling you're a Millennial...

Anyway, nothing wrong with TRL. At least MTV was still playing music regularly into the early-00s.

By the time Jersey Shore came around, MTV was largely not-music; and when Teen Moms became popular, MTV was no longer music-centric.

Their format wouldn't have worked in the 21st century anyway. Why watch a random stream of music videos when you can watch any music video you want on youtube at any time?

Ugh.

Yo MTV Raps.

No you aren't.

Unironically this.
Music died in 2010.
Literally anyone is a singer now.
MTV lost touch with how to promote them because of this.

MTV Classic was airing Aeon Flux, Beavis and Butthead, Daria and The Maxx but they took those off the air and I really enjoyed watching them on TV again as if it we're the 90s for a brief moment.

Niggers. No if ands or buts.
I was there.
Yo MTV raps? Downfall. When niggers appeared on the radio. That rap shit. I blame George Romero.
I got so pissed off first time I saw Night.
Coons aren't heroes. I grew up through all this shit.
I'm old now. Too old for this shit.
I thought it wouldn't last, that it's a stupid agenda that would die off but no.
My grand father used to lynch them. My father beat them in restaurants. Couldn't stand them being beside me in war. Couldn't trust them or differentiate their fuckery from slopes.
Fuck them.

mtv was still decent in the mid 2000s

desu - this, pic related

kino

now here's the kicker we take original work and remake it but change the characters black because!

Why would Mike Judge allow this? Daria was such a stereotypical 2deep4u white girl

They removed the cartoons and comedies. Sifl and olly and the state were of the greatest shows of the 90s and went too soon

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1uGlucXZc
Precious Roy is pure kino.

Really makes me think.