Literally what did they mean by this?

Literally what did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OacVy8_nJi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The material world has caused mankind to lose balance and purpose in all things.

life is out of balance

there's a first, superficial layer, Kooyanisqatsi means "life in disarray", in the exploration of this theme, we go from images of nature to images of modern western civilization.
So that's the background idea throughout the movie, that industrialized society is, in some fundamental sense, wrong, and that is contrasted with the natural world, which is our reference point for what is right.

What I love about the film has nothing to do with that, really, but everything to do with the camera as the gaze of the subject.
If you could see through somebody's eyes, what they looks at, and how and for how long, you could probably learn a lot about a person: What they're interested in, what they're repulsed by, etc.

So who is the subject of Kooyanisqatsi? Whose eye is it? That's where the fun is, for me.
There's the elements of accelerated time, long focal lengths, odd little POV shots as well as swooping mid-flight shots which suggest a very alein, non-human perspective. There's the obvious point that the camera isn't following any particular story like a "normal" human would.
It's just an awesome experience to look through the eyes of this strange deity for an hour or so.

shits fucked up yo

youtube.com/watch?v=OacVy8_nJi0

Based Philip glass

Capitalism is a cancer.

I have this on my raspberry pi, been meaning to watch it for a while

we gotta go back to getting killed in nature over dumb shit

/thread
Also check out Man With A Movie Camera and Samsara if you enjoy this type of film

Wow thats honestly the best description I've heard of this kind of movie

yeah, I was gonna mention that one, also Baraka, some other non-narrative films, but honestly, Man With A Movie Camera doesn't hold up so well (and I love black and white, old shit in general), Kooyanisqatsi really is by far the best film in this 'genre'

Sans soleil is the best one actually

Is this, dare I say it, ultimate kino?

what is this movie

people who live in tents and poop in the woods are better than you

i wouldn't say better, it's just that the majority of people live in an artificial world

As far movies from the 20s go, I still find MWAMC pretty engaging. So much energy on screen. Whereas I can respect but can't really watch Griffith, I find his narratives to be boring convoluted shit, innovative or not.

>unironically preferring Sup Forums to nature

technology shall devour you