Redpill me on the Calarts and Tumblr Artstyle

Besides being from a prestigious arts college, or associated with a website with a "progressive" userbase, what are they, why are they the way they are, and why are they popular/why don't people deviate from it?
Pic completely unrelated

It looks like doo doo had sex with poopy and made doody.

don't you have other problems?

Just the problematic problems.

Combination of two things: Friends giving each other jobs, and studios not having to look for skill in storyboarders.

Is that limes?

Do you have a problem with problematic problems?

I crave knowledge on the subject.

I have no problem with problematic problems other than problems being problematic.

who else

OP here, it is limes.

So if the problem wasn't problematic then you wouldn't have a problem with it? If a problem wasn't problematic then it wouldn't be a problem. All problems are problematic because problematic problems are problems.

simple art styles are highly marketable, and cheap to animate, which is what it needs to be to get animated content on television. i don't blame calarts for what they do.

It's popular and it's cheap. Companies hate taking risks. They took a risk with Adventure Time, it made mad bank, but instead of taking more risks their new goal was to recreate it by hiring people from similar backgrounds and styles.

It's a result of digital tools and the realities of outsourcing.

The problem you're having, OP, is that it's not anime.

Anime is shit. Do fuck off.

It's just shorthand to refer to current trends. Steven Universe gets lumped in with the Calarts style but Sugar went to SVA. If you look back ten years there was a trend across animation then, with a lot of stuff being thick-lined with heavy emphasis on geometric shapes rather than forms.

Tumblr "style" is anyone drawn with a red nose and is hated irrationally because it's association with loud obnoxious tumblrites.

>Redpill

kysc

Aww, how cute.
It's butthurt.

>Friends giving each other jobs
That's literally the entire work force since the beginning of advanced civilization, user.

whatever happened to the square-like artstyles with thick outlines?

and why the eye pupils nowadays are small?

It's simple and recognizable, doesn't require much talent or effort and appeals to15-25'ers who love "irony" and find incompetence funny and relatable.

>no sig

kek

is this thread a jojo reference?

>That smug fucking face
Don't you go reminding me, user.

Provide example plox

It's still so funny that you retards really think that it's the artists purposely making shit and not the networks giving them a budget that couldn't even buy a burger from the McDonald's dollar menu for them to work with. But of course this is Sup Forums where everyone is an authority on things they know nothing about.

Got a source on that, famalam?