Does HIM from 'The Powerpuff Girls' have a gender?

I still think he/she's ambiguous.

Tumblr pls.

Used male pronouns 100% of the time and the name of the character is a male pronoun. Just because a guy puts on a skirt doesn't mean he suddenly transforms into a mysterious gender that never existed before the internet

I agree. I always thought the name "HIM" was supposed to be some sort of, "YEAH, IT'S A HIM; GET OVER IT." jab at anyone who thought otherwise.

They literally referred to him as "Him" and only used male pronouns like he and his.
It was just a trope from the early millenium about how satan is really effeminate and flamboyant and I have no idea where it came from.

One of the few characters that I'm ok with people calling "genderfluid".

He's Satan Claus. They weren't allowed to use that name, so he just became HIM.

Pretty sure it's because they couldn't use the name "Satan Claws" in a kid's show so they just called him "Him"

I mean look at his design and tell me they didn't want to call him Satan Claws

His Infernal Majesty is a male demonic fairy crab entity,
and His fashion sense transcends our mortal notions of masculinity.

I'm pretty fucking sure it was originally a visual pun. "Guys, the ruler of Hell is totally FLAMING, get it?" It'd be like Marvel making the Human Torch gay.

At least in Him's case the high pitched voice made him way creepier than he had any right to be.

Well he's an evil magic demigod so I assume he can be whatever the fuck he wants. But it seems to prefer he.

They showed his nipples so it must be a guy (yeah I realize they showed the girls topless but they are like 5).

>yeah I realize they showed the girls topless but they are like 5
t. podesta

I swear,HIM is like the RuPaul of cartoons - always in drag,always fabulous - he can combine red,black and pink all together!
Does anyone have any idea if he sits or stands when he pees? (sorry,I got really traumatized the last days since I saw my girlfriend peeing standing up against a tree *cries*).

nice blog now kill yourself

I think it's because being gay is a sin. So Satan, being the king sinner, is flamboyantly homo.

Can't he dematerialize and shit? Does he even have normal biological functions? Why does he even need to take a bath? He's magic. He could probably exist as a formless cloud of evil if he wanted to.

I bet he pees in the tub.

I thought they called him "HIM' because they couldn't get away with calling him Satan Claws.

>Why does he even need to take a bath?
He wants to play with his rubber duck.

>He wants to play with his chubber dick.

>I bet he pees in the tub
Ewww! But that means he swims in his own pee!

random fan art

I heard once that HIM actually stood for "His Infernal Majesty". It could (probably) be bullshit though.

Was this really confirmed or is it just fan-theory?

That was in the show, yes.

you mean Satan Claws

You're not making a clever pun if you're just re-stating the existing pun, Carlos.

How exactly is HIM able to walk on those spiky ass heels without falling down?

I can't imagine him being nearly as creepy if he were called Satan Claws.

This.

is the powerpuff girls redpilled?