What was her problem? Why was she such a bitch?

What was her problem? Why was she such a bitch?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2013/08/24/opinion/i-have-a-character-issue.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're sexist for not loving her character

She had a piece of shit husband

had to deal with a retard son and autistic husband

tbf her son was retarded because she smoked while she was pregnant with him and around him when he was a baby

Try being married with somebody who never communicates with you and routinely shows signs of aggression, then reveals themselves as a criminal.

what if she had a person who was both of those things

Her husband was a murderer and a drug dealer and lied to her repeatedly.

when was this established? Was it because she was smoking when she was pregnant with Holly (or whatever the daughters name is)?

>Why was she such a bitch?

She was forced to write a NY Times Op Ed because of harassment from MRAs like you, shitlord.

nytimes.com/2013/08/24/opinion/i-have-a-character-issue.html

the fuck's an mra

MOMMY!

>smoked while pregnant
>gave Walt cancer
>Made Walt JR retarded
>why do people hate her....

yes. walt implied she's done it before when he says "Again skylar?" after finding the cigs

> PLAYING Skyler White on the television show “Breaking Bad” for the past five seasons has been one of the most rewarding creative journeys I’ve embarked on as an actor. But the role has also taken me on another kind of journey — one I never would have imagined.

>My character, to judge from the popularity of Web sites and Facebook pages devoted to hating her, has become a flash point for many people’s feelings about strong, nonsubmissive, ill-treated women. As the hatred of Skyler blurred into loathing for me as a person, I saw glimpses of an anger that, at first, simply bewildered me.

>But I was unprepared for the vitriolic response she inspired. Thousands of people have “liked” the Facebook page “I Hate Skyler White.” Tens of thousands have “liked” a similar Facebook page with a name that cannot be printed here. When people started telling me about the “hate boards” for Skyler on the Web site for AMC, the network that broadcasts the show, I knew it was probably best not to look, but I wanted to understand what was happening.

>At some point on the message boards, the character of Skyler seemed to drop out of the conversation, and people transferred their negative feelings directly to me. The already harsh online comments became outright personal attacks. One such post read: “Could somebody tell me where I can find Anna Gunn so I can kill her?” Besides being frightened (and taking steps to ensure my safety), I was also astonished: how had disliking a character spiraled into homicidal rage at the actress playing her?

>But I finally realized that most people’s hatred of Skyler had little to do with me and a lot to do with their own perception of women and wives. Because Skyler didn’t conform to a comfortable ideal of the archetypical female, she had become a kind of Rorschach test for society, a measure of our attitudes toward gender.

She's a woman

lil bitch detected

She was written as an antagonist. Really she reacted pretty normally, but we only ever saw her opposing Walt, who was shown doing all this shit "for his family," but he never told her any of that. The writer's set her up to be hated based on what they showed of her, but if you can think outside of strictly what was shown I don't see how you can.

She was a bitch when walt was just a poor guy working two jobs.

Because she was a a mid 40s American White Blonde Woman.

Arent they all that way?

Walt was a cunt from well before the moment we first met him, the only thing the events of the series do is make him more confident and upfront about what a piece of garbage he is.

thats racism dude

that was sarcasm dude