The new Nova series starts next week. Is Sup Forums prepared for the return of Dick Rider?

The new Nova series starts next week. Is Sup Forums prepared for the return of Dick Rider?

Preview pages.

Next three pages are from another preview, incase anyone's confused by the sudden jump.

ramon perez is good, I lost interest in the last rider volume half way through but I'll stick around as long as perez does

And that's it until Wednesday.

Can't wait for Brevoort and Bendis' hatred for Dick Rider to make him into a joke before killing him off.

>Rich back in time to also be in MVC4

So he has the force now when it comes to his helmet?
I'm pretty confident he'll end up being evil.

>le Brevoort hates Dick meme
He was the one who pushed for him to get his last book in the first place.

>brown, non-10-year-old Sam
Nice. (I still have no idea who his supporting cast are other than his mom.)
I doubt it, given that we've got these scenes from his perspective, and Loveness seems really enthused about him. My suspicion is that the resurrection process went wrong somehow, yeah, and that fixing it is gonna be part of the story arc, but that they're not going to just get rid of him in favor of being another Sam solo.

>Nice. (I still have no idea who his supporting cast are other than his mom.)
Sister? He has sister, right? Not mixing up with fake Blue Beetle?

>I'm pretty confident he'll end up being evil.
Given these pages, I don't think that's the direction they're going in at all.

Yes, he has a little sister.

The art on this is really nice.

>orders of Nova were increased by 100% free of charge by Marvel
It's basically already cancelled, isn't it.

Sam got a redesign?

Cancerverse PTSD, damn.

I really can't tell, they make mistakes with the Nova costumes all the time, just look at the Richard's helmet here

Don't you mean Dick Ryder, op?

I think artist said he was going to make small changes to Rich's costume.

This actually looks pretty fucking good, I'm hyped.

Oh, yeah. Unless Nova gets some love in movies, this title will never make it past issue 12.

>this title will never make it past issue 12.
Despite the amount of books they've shoved Sam into, Marvel isn't very good at marketing Nova.

he literately told Giffen to use him

Beautiful

So were orders of Gwenpool Holiday Special, and that title's sitting regularly above 30k. In some cases it's an effort to improve the popularity of poor sellers, but on the whole it's just trying to look like they're doing better than DC.

I for one can't wait for the mentor on student fanart.

So how did/are they bring him back?

>Champions stuff!
>Yea, not as cool

Even the hip kids know the Champions are shit.

has anyone read anything this writer has done before? is he good?

He might be a walking-talking gestalt of the worldmind now. But it's not 100% confirmed at this point and we don't really know if he's just a copy now or some kind of download or if he actually is the original now or if he just sort of fused with worldmind or whatever the hell is going on.

I swear if this is a Return of Barry Allen type of arc

It's suspicious that there's so many cut offs of Rich's face in this. Like, you only see his full face in two panels.

It's suspicious that there's so many cut offs of Sam's face in this. Like, you don't see his full face in any panels.

What's the matter with that? I thought Barry came back and all was well?

Eh, I'll take a short run that's actually good, if that's the case, at least. Also the idea of having Rich around for future use.

The Return of Barry Allen was an arc where Barry came back from the dead but turned out to be Eobard Thawne

I haven't read anything from him, but his interview about this book sounded really good.

>Dick Rider

Why isn't this guy gay?
Shit writes itself.

Because everyone calls him Rich.

Same question for Kitty Pryde, huh.

If they cut Sam from this, it'd probably make it to around 20 issues.

He wrote the Groot mini.

>I'M NOVA! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME, PUNK?
>I'M NOVA

And here are the crybaby Richfags. I'm surprised you weren't here earlier.

I never read Nova before Sam.

What pissed me off was that he was pretty much never in space. Was it the same with Rich?

Phase 4, baby.

Rich's last ongoing was mostly set in space. Classy stuff, you should look it up.

IT WAS ME, BARRY! ME!!!
Ah, I thought it was the Flash Rebirth or whatever it was called, some years ago.

was it good

Richie went to space like 5 times in thirty years

This is the best Sam page.

>All around me are familiar faces, worn out faces, worn out places
>You find it kinda funny. You find it kinda sad.
>It's a...Mad World.

So, how did they bring Richard Rider back from the dead?

They didn't say yet. Obviously something to do with Sam meeting up with Worldmind, though.

Glad they're keeping Sam in this

Both Sam and Rich got redesigns. They're minor, but both pretty good.

Why is Sam brown now? What is this bullshit?

Artist said that there was a reason for his helmet changing it Nova Prime Star to a Centurion one and if you look closely at those panel the tips seem to retract.

I don't think so, Loveness said he really wanted to write Rich and from interviews that he has given it seems like Rich has PTSD more than anything.

I mean from Annihilation to Thanos Imperative he went through some bad shit and he dindn't really have much time to catch his breath, then he died in the Cancerverse, now he came back and everyone move on a forgot about him, his dad died, Rich has a nasty history of depression and suicide attempt, he's fucked up more than anything.

Probably not any time soon since tumblr is more into Sam with Miles and Kamala or Peter (because of the USM cartoon) and a lot of Sam fans think Rich is like Hal Jordan for some dumb reaosn.

I won't rule that out tho, it looks like Rich is going to go through some major woobie hurt and comfort shit with Sam trying to get him out of his funk and tumblr loves that shit so I guess we'll see a lot of angsty fanwork because of it.

Also seeing how Rich's dad died in the previews I'm also willing to bet Loveness is also going to kill Jesse just to give Sam and Rich a tragedy to connect to.

>Star changes number of points from panels 5/6 and 7/8
Why
Panels 5 and 6 are the right number of points, aren't they?

I'm ready for them to ruin Dick Rider and then tell us that it's our fault and we were wrong for wanting him back

Because he's a Latinor and Americans can't see Hispanics and Latinos as anything other than brown.

>Dick has been returned to life with an uncontrollable urge to rape Sam and other teenage boys
>He's finally put down only after a spree of molesting young teens, forever tainting the memory of both himself and the entire Nova Corps. At the final moment he begs for death - no afterlife, no memory - only eternal unacknowledged non-existence
>Strangely it's not a superhero that finishes him, but a heroic middle-aged fat local cop named T. "B.R." eVoort

He's a white Latino, Miles is a black Latino and he's black. So why can't Sam be white, especially since that's how he was all this time?

Well at least Champions still has his regular color.

His mom is brown and his dad is white, his little sister is brown too.

But yeah Sam had light skin (recessive genes I guess) in the comics, he only had brown skin in the USM cartoon.

Ok now I'm scared, knowing current Marvel

SYNNERGY!

I'd have made Bindyss deliver the final blow, but that's how I see the next few months playing out for him.

Look at the bright side, they at least used one of their tv writers who are newbies to comics rather than resort to their shit busted and worn our hack writers like Bendis, Slott, and Waid or their talentless newb writers like Leth and North.

It could have been worse, look at the X-Men franchise, aside from Pak (and possibly Bunn he's so hit and miss) it looks awful.

So at least there's a chance with Loveness that Nova might be good and he's excited for it.

Nah if anything they would make use of the Dick Rider joke and have Rich's only salvation be to get the rape raped out of him.

>Nova gets Raped by the Marvel Universe written by Brian Michael Bendis and drawn by Sarah Pichelli

To be honest this sounds more and more like a millar to me

Most if not all of the new Marvel line is dead on arrival.

Ramon Perez is also co-writing.

To make him more distinct from Rich?

It looks like the bottom spikes are retracting into the left and right ones?
I guess maybe he doesn't want to be Nova Prime right now, he just wants to be Nova.

I'm really digging the art.

>and a lot of Sam fans think Rich is like Hal Jordan for some dumb reaosn.
Most think Sam is silver aged Hal, I don't think I've ever seen someone on here call Rich Hal.

Yes I'm ready for the return of World Mind thinking it's Richard Rider.

Why would Worldmind suddenly have a body?

Because Bendis Brevoort and Loeb has devoted their lives to destroying Rich and killing all of their fans and if you think this comic wasn't devised by them for the express purpose of ruining Rich even further and shitting on him reletlessly then you are fucking delusional because Bendis/Brevoort/Loeb will never stop until every character you care about is gone as long as that character is Rich.

>>>/cosmicbooknews/

Also see

Sam is basically a cross between Kyle and Hal, really.
He's Kyle because he's a young latino who inherited the mantle of a group of space cops after they were wiped out, and he's Hal because he compensates for his excellent power set by being an idiot.

So what's the catch gonna be?
Is he the avatar of death now since Thanos loves someone else?

So how is Quill gonna react to this? Also they better not pretend Rich and Gamora were ever anything more than a fling

Based on the last four years of his comic appearances, my best bet is Pete's going to meme at him.

I doubt they'll talk to each other until GotG 2 comes out.
Bendis thinks they were in love at the time of his death, and his word is law.

The shadow of Bendis and Humphries may yet pass. At this point I'd be fine with Ewing or somebody reconciling the difference as a post-Cancerverse midlife crisis or something. I mean he set up the Annihilators and they wound up doing jack shit while the universe was collapsing for the last 4 years. I can see how that would get to a guy.

Not excusing poor writing, just trying to find a way to fix things without resorting to outright retcons.

>Not excusing poor writing, just trying to find a way to fix things without resorting to outright retcons.
Eh, guess this is one of those situations where retcons aren't necessarily a comic book cancer.

Yeah but you know they ain't gonna go that route. And while I've come to expect retcons I still find them somewhat unseemly. Even in regards to fools like Bendis and Humphries.

Hoping for Rich and Namorita, eh?

This is supposedly going to be a "funny" comic, so memes wouldn't be out of place.

It's only tumblrfags and just because they're both white, that's it, despite the fact that Rich and Hal have nothing in common besides a similar origin.

I don't browse tumblr so I don't know, but I don't see what you're saying.

My guess is cry and hug him and possibly kiss him depending how gay Chip and Anka want to go with it.

Honestly I hope they keep Rich away from the GotG for awhile at least until he gets whatever is wrong with him cleared and after Bendis leaves, but them meeting is going to be inevitable.

Considering Peter is apparently "stuck on Earth," it'd be ridiculous if the two of them don't hang out.

Rich when he started was primarily a teen hero with insecurities and average as fuck. He was Peter Parker without the genius and at best a C average student when he became a hero.

I dunno how it originally was with Hal in the silver age but as he stands now he was a fearless adult air force pilot when he started and he's always presented as the greatest GL ever and we get how Abin Sur's ring chose him.

Rich wasn't worthy of being Nova, he was just there at the right moment at the right time and even when he became Nova Prime he wasn't worthy of it, heck he didn't even want to be Nova Prime but he had no choice since Worldmind forced the Nova Force on him.

Also Rich was always in a last of the Novas type of position.

>Rich wasn't worthy of being Nova, he was just there at the right moment at the right time and even when he became Nova Prime he wasn't worthy of it
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how Kyle got his ring? He was first guy Ganthet found?

I feel bad for Rich. It's like he's caught between two worlds. By every measure he's more than proved himself worthy to lead the Nova Corps, but he loves Earth too much to ever fully commit to going cosmic and rebuilding Xandar. And that's on top of his personal issues.

Being Nova is suffering.