/trek/

Pon Farr edition

>post outlandish leftist headlines for STD sidebar

ORVILLE IS REAL TREK

Link me to Vulcan Love Slave 01

Orville or STD, the choice is yours.

Aliens on orville I think do the job better than the aliens on STD which use a mix of practical and CGI.

comparison pic provided fresh off presses to love and hate or both.

TV-MA for VULCANS interbreeding with BLACK TRANSGENDERS

Orville is generic MacFarlane schlock, but is probably better than STD will be.

It seems pretty clear that Fox ordered a new comedy from him and he used it as an opportunity to make the Star Trek show he'd always wanted to make via stealth.

The two are complimentary, it's not a competition

chek'd

wtf is with the droopy eye on righty?
That lefty tho! hnggggggggggg

The Orville aesthetic is hands down superior to STD.

STD is going for that stupid neo-metal grate with carbon fiber trim look.

Don't like the Orville's current pace but I have a feeling it will remain above STD after tonight.

lefty is a smug bitch street rat with her attitude that the show is all girl power and all about me, right is an officer.

I want to fug that chief of security

The Orville is shit
But it might be less shit than Star Trek Gonorrhoea

i want to lay under T'Pol with my mouth open and just let her sweet sweat just drop right into my mouth

this post just got me ...logically aroused

Why was the Captain of the USS Saratoga in Sisko's dream?

>right is an officer
And a real human bean that's trying to recover from some blue ink cuckery that ended up in his lamp shade.

Since she can shoulder-barge an 8ft tall airlock off a concrete wall, shouldn't she be able to knock him flying out of the ring?

>The two are complimentary, it's not a competition

They are not though because you must take into consideration one is practical effects from orville while the other relies on CGI to make the practical effects work. You also left out the poor choice of using the visual effects and slanted camera angles from JJ Abrams which even he apologized for saying they were a mistake but CBS did not get the memo.

Why have a tailor on DS9 when a replicator can do the job? Garek was a typewriter in a PC age.
Ezri Dax the best after thicc Ricker

As opposed to...spocks lol um sister? Yea I'll take the real human bean thanks.

Exotic fabrics that the replicator can't handle.

>when you're shitposting so hard that you can't even click on the right post

ehhh
orville has that slightly budgeted berman trek look to it
I think from watching tng and ds9 a lot I'm probably more used to that

whereas the guy on the right just seems a bit excessive

You mean how the hell did a metamorph make it into 1940s San Francisco society?

beats me

>The lighting on the bottom image
I have a feeling I'm going to get migranes watching STD if this is any indication of how it's going to be.

>But it might be less shit than Star Trek Gonorrhoea
kek.... to be fair i am thinking Orville has more high points in its favor than down points, there is room for improvement to perfect the formula, I do agree STD is bad but I think because of the corner they painted them self into promoting it as diversity confronting race that they are now trapped like a one trick pony with a singular over arching theme which unlike TNG that had a sloppy start but was salvaged wont happen with STD.

I thought this was a punching thread

More importantly, how did a Klingon general get to the Delta Quadrant?

The irony is that the top image is from the super-futuristic science lab where the lighting was altered to be more washed out and it's still more sensible than Sexually Treksmitted's bridge lighting.

Discovery will deal with real issues relevant to viewers while Orville is just Family Guy in space.

Jesus Christ Jeri was pretty
Shame she got raped so much by her husband and ruined her ability to love another human being

Allow me to contribute, then.

>whereas the guy on the right just seems a bit excessive
on DS9 odo had full face makeup and it looked great with no cgi, the fact they couldnt make an alien without CGI shows the lack of creativity or that those people left during the exodus of technical talent that happened with STD.

This alien on STD is new to Trek canon, yet the show takes place way back during the original series yet that alien species is never seen again, its a very odd choice for a show with a WHOLE universe to choose from. To me it spits on Gene Roddenberry and the universe and races he built weather we love them or hate them.

It was a dream. They revealed in an episode of WWW that this episode and all of Voyager were just The Rock's dream.

i hate temporal mechanics

>pretty aryan falls for the native american charm

Pocahontas in space

Rape gangs

>I have a feeling I'm going to get migranes watching STD if this is any indication of how it's going to be.
To be fair here is another shot, i did not want you to think I cherry picked the image.

One thing the images dont show is that many of the angles in STD are slanted, or off center, the sweeping rotating camera is very used in STD as opposed to orville which seems to focus more on showing off the world than hiding it behind the black filters their dropping on backgrounds in STD.

>Star Trek Voyager was The Rock having a nightmare about smelling what he was cooking

STD/Orville threads are the goddamn worst

t. Lucsly

Remember that time they went to her planet and there were literally no rape gangs?

>The irony is that the top image is from the super-futuristic science lab where the lighting was altered to be more washed out and it's still more sensible than Sexually Treksmitted's bridge lighting.
i dont get the whole grimdark thing their doing with STD which is so cliche now and especially doesnt seem to fit Trek when Trek is about optimism about the future and exploring that future.

You mean best.
Have you SEEN other Generals?

its another tasha talks about rape gangs episode.

First for CUTE TRIP

I'd rape gang that body suit

its a good time to be a scifi fan, I like both trek and orville, but I am not looking forward to STD, in fact with every bit I hear I like it less and less.

I thought of this a while back when it was on BBC America.

I think the Rape Gangs didn't have a reason to exist after Tasha Yar left the planet.

>Exotic fabrics
But that's just it, if a replicator can make glucose and sucrose why can't it make space fiber?
I think Garek was just for the niche hipster crowd who just had to have things done by hand.
Fucking space hipsters. I bet Quark had space PBR too.

One is an upbeat, optimistic romp through space

The other is an ambitious sci-fi drama

Both are using their platform to discuss issues of the day from another point of view.

She was just in one

>many of the angles in STD are slanted, or off center
Its called a dutch angle, I know its the weekend but still, just say dutch angle, and yes it looks terrible.,

I like Star Trek general, I just don't like STD bitching/shilling/accusing others of shilling and Orville, which isn't actually Trek

Remember when the standards for a sexy male body was THAT?
Jesus
Standards are so much higher now

I'll explain it.

The design of the USS Shenzhou is JJshit.

The design of the USS Discovery is a compromise between JJshit and classic aesthetics.

They start off with unapologetic JJshit to trick you into becoming willing to accept the compromise.

hey guys. I'm just designed with one purpose in mind. to fight and defeat the Borg.

that sounds like your describing orville with both of those ya know, re read what you typed.

If by new view you mean that the new Trek is propaganda while the old shows confronted shows even handed that would be correct and part of the reason for there not being much fan fare around STD.

>standards in the late 80s/early 90s was (fat) Riker
>standards in the early 00s was Archer/Trip/Reed

>Slanted, sweeping camera angles and lots of over-dramatic lighting
This is the TV show equivalent of having a big pickup truck. In the sense regarding overcompensation for lack of personality, depth and substance.

Fun fact: she's married to a chef now.

The problem is that dutch angles are meant to serve a purpose in storytelling, to show that something is off-kilter. When you use it all the time it shows that the cinematographer doesn't know what he's doing.

So you like everything about STD except the "bitching/shills/accusing" anons that hate the thought of it? So in other words you are cancer. Good to know, get a trip.

Why can't a replicator make latinum? Why can't a replicator make organic materials? Some things have been established by the writers for Story Reasons as being beyond what a replicator can do.

first for ice cold blue pusy

Just because the media promotion has been banging the race/gender politics drum doesn't neccesarily mean the characters will stop every 5 minutes to say "Gee, I sure do hate Straight White Males you know?". Could be wrong, but marketing is seperate from the actual showrunners, if marketing decides that social justice is big at the moment and that's the angle the show will be promoted in, the cast and crew get briefed to mention that in interviews and shit.

Plus you've (apparantly) got hordes of inept fucking """journalists""" whose investigative abilities don't even apparantly stretch to discovering if Trek has had a black or female lead before, asking stupid shit like "OMFG HOW IS IT TO BE FIRST BLACK AND/OR FEMALE CAPTAIN?!?!" or otherwise trying to tie it to social politics because they have a vague memory of hearing Trek did the first interracial kiss on Amerifat TV.

I think it's way too early to say either way but to me at least, it sounds like it'll actually be dealing less with social issues than previous Star Treks because of it's move away from the *Crisis of the Week* format to one with a single narrative arc that seems to be focused more on warfare and inter-species political strife.

tl;dr I think they'll actually be too busy phasering klingons to focus too much of SJW-pleasing stories

stop talking about weekend posters

>Its called a dutch angle, I know its the weekend but still, just say dutch angle, and yes it looks terrible.,
thanks user!

do you know the technical name if there is one for those sweeping shots where the camera rotates that is used alot in STD? I do not like either of these types of shooting styles they make me sick actually like physically.

I know, they are still called what they're called, even if they are pointless.

I'm not interested in STD, but it's worse that every thread turns into the same SJW vs Sup Forums garbage

cmon user lets be honest here, it looks like a fucking pizza cutter. Im not that drunk yet!

Why? Embarrassed?

>standads now is Zac Effron on a cut

Night night Commander

star trek doesn't have enough vulcans or andorians

one thing I liked about enterprise

I'm just telling you what I've seen.

Here's the transporter room on the USS Shenzhou. It's unapologetic JJshit.

Where it swings around the character? an arc shot.

I sense that as well since they are not used to emote from a cinematic perspective. For example there is a corridor shot that is just people walking, nothing happening just people walking and the camera is sweeping through rotating 360 degrees as if its really intense but it isnt. A reflection in shooting like you said perhaps of the soul less entity known as the nutrek.

I will still be a huge trek fan and continue to be cheering for a show we can all love to hate for the right reasons but STD seems wrong on every level.

I just figured out who she looks like.

A better looking Linda Hamilton.

The replimat could make you anything you wanted, any time, for free

People went to quarks or the Klingon restaurant on the promenade for the atmosphere and the authenticity of the product. If you drink 100 replicated Samarian Sunrises, they'll all taste exactly the same. But buy them hand made allows for the subtle variations that come from being mixed by hand.

Same with the dress from Garak's shop. You could replicate one, but it would be a sterile, mass produced product, even if it had a unique design. No soul, no character like you get when something is handmade by a craftsman.

Garak's dresses cost 17 bars of latinum. If /trek/ is right that's $680. Clearly that personal touch was importaNT.

Here's the transporter room on the USS Discovery. It's a compromise.

They start off with JJshit so that you'll be willing to accept the compromise.

lel

ah yes, I can so easily tell the difference in the uniform colors of the three guys on the right

you do realize your posting on the weekend as well? youre whole argument is about when people post but everyone knows its all the same 25 people tops in every general every night.

How much wider does contrast ratio and widescreen have to get? The sets have slowly become more and more horizontal over the years.

They would have to be very warm to survive in such cold.

>Just because the media promotion has been banging the race/gender politics drum doesn't neccesarily mean the characters will stop every 5 minutes to say "Gee, I sure do hate Straight White Males you know?".
That is the problem its the actors who say it, the writers such as Akiva Goldsman to ALex Kurtzman saying these things.

It also doesnt help that recently the new captain made a statement saying its time to put the legacy of Kirk and Picard in the trash where it belongs while also daring people to watch the show.

The media and company pr campaign is very similar it seems to the Ghostbusters remake where everyone from the studio to the actors said they dont want the trek fans to like the show, they want a new audience. This will never work since without a core fanbase there is noone to talk up the show like the autists we scifi fans are.

>tfw you will never rape gang her.

I think standards are changing a little though
You know how in the 90s and early 00s male action movie stars had to be shaved completely smooth? Now they can keep their natural body hair

JJ Trek transporter room just looks like the same Apple store room as everything else, at least that room has some character to it, I think you're overreacting, compared to the bridge, that looks good.

I like the body armor design too. Looks more like something a cop would wear than a soldier, which fits Starfleet I think.

sorry to be annoying but thanks :D

does anyone even have red in the uniform? i can see in the pic that its no but i mean come on.

>Dat budget Alan Tudyk