"The director said he could find comedy in almost everything but conceded there were areas even he would not mine for...

>"The director said he could find comedy in almost everything but conceded there were areas even he would not mine for material. >'I personally would never touch gas chambers or the death of children or Jews at the hands of the Nazis,' he told the BBC's Radio 4's Today programme. >'Everything else is ok.'" What did he mean by this?

What a jew
>we can mock everyone else but us jews cause its anudda shoah

He couldn't have done it back then either if he wasn't jewish

He means it's a subject that upsets him so he wouldn't want to make a joke about it. Dude fought in WW2, so I can't blame him.

He also couldn’t make it today because the style and humor is dated

Oh heavens there is such a lack of politically incorrect humor in the modern world my views are so oppressed!
Cry me a fucking river

>Tfw my parents would let me watch movies like blazing saddles as a kid, but I wasn't allowed to own a parental advisory album untill I was 17

Genocide isn't funny. He's right.

Only the chosen race isn't fair game.

People really over exaggerate how sensitive and politically correct society is nowadays. Just because you see a couple of retards on Twitter and reddit whining about petty shit doesn't mean the whole world is like that. It's like no one can differentiate between real life and the Internet

He said he personally wouldn't not that nobody shouldn't.

yeah its not like the owner of the Clippers was forced to sell his own franchise because of a hidden recorder

He'd be leading the lawsuit

he's writing the american torah

i say fuck em and find all forms in which genocide take place and have it curiously humorous

How long ago was it that RDJ played a guy in blackface? To clarify, I'm talking about Robert Downey Junior, the guy who makes kid-friendly Marvel movies these days.

Mel Brooks is just an old man who is out of touch if he really thinks that shit.

Yeah I read this as him saying that, to him, jokes in that vein would not be funny, so he wouldn't do them. I personally am under the impression that if you're willing to laugh at something, you should be willing to laugh at everything, but there are always exceptions. For instance I wouldn't call a black person a "nigger" or a Jewish person a "kike" specifically because the humor I see in it would not overpower the ill-feeling i might cause them. Also, Blazing Saddles is my favorite comedy
(movie) of all time.

How is blackface equivalent to children dying?

There were non jews in the gas chambers too and he specifically mentions them.

And the entire hollywood top game defended him

I have to go with this. People now actively seek the few trolls or autists who are offended by something just to make a scene about political correctness.

He specifically mentions jews, not all people

Well yeah he has to mention them, otherwise his partiality to his own ethnicity and his disregard for others becomes too apparent.

Yes he could. Blazing Saddles isn't even all that bad. The black man always trumps the racists and there's nothing but reverence for Bart at the end. The only thing he'd have to tweak is that he couldn't play a Native American. Otherwise Blazing Saddles is fine and remains today one of the greatest comedies of all time.