Does Sup Forums Support Biomechanical-augmentation?

I'm fascinated about the idea of combining technology with our bodies, and I know this interest came from the Deus Ex series.

Does Sup Forums support this concept? If the technology is available, should we strive to improve ourselves and set new limits of what humans can do physically?

Links that show I'm not out of my mind and that this whole thing isn't just fiction:
youtube.com/watch?v=F_brnKz_2tI
youtube.com/watch?v=7JcM6eel9Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=3nnrstBxomk

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPR#Applications
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Annihilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Dobelle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd rather avoid the doctor's office if I can help it.

What if one operation could possibly guarantee never going to the doctor's again?

if it was an improvement in utility without sacrificing bone durability I'd get my left forearm replaced

The bones would be completely removed, at least from how I get it.

mechanical organs and similar medical treatments, yes, consumer products treated like iphones no

I think we should allow the consumer to take advantage of all the tech.

if I could get my eyes done maybe
legs and arms only if touch sensibility and significantly increased ability were possible

Depends what the stress levels of these things are.

>overstress a muscle
>tears
>heals over a period of time

>overstrain bionic arm
>just fucking breaks
>won't fix itself

our essential humanity must be protected

giving a blind person the ability to see is one thing but blurring the lines between ourselves and our tools is too dangerous

The biggest, and most terrifying problem with mechanical augmentation is the one highlighted in the very first Deus Ex game: becoming outdated.

When your car, phone, computer, whatever becomes outdated it's a pretty easy fix. Now imagine that piece of hardware is your arm, leg, lung, or heart. It's a much more complex process to update that.

Is the potential there? Yes of course, but it's a double edged sword.

In general yes.

I can't remember his name, but there was this movie producer who lost an eye and replaced it with a bionic eye that could record everything it saw to his phone via bluetooth. He used it to film in places where he otherwise could not have brought a camera with him.

I agree but people really go overboard with this, I mean your phone is an augmentation in a crude way, you are able to communicate with people 10,000 km away, or access much knowledge, or measure time, etc.
Nano-technology is scary though, potential for abuse is great.

>be poor
>no augmentations or incredibly basic augmentations
>even the middle classes have fucking god like strength compared to you
>the elites are functionally immortal, mostly inorganic and can punch through concrete

I want to be a super-fast electrical motorcycle that goes like 400 mph, and has like a gyroscope to upright my self after sleeping on my side. I would be the best motorcycle ever. Also, I want to be able to drive underwater.

It needs to be socialized. If you just let the free market take effect, all the rich Jews will become bionic supermen and genocide the under augmented goy. It should be used as a tool to make the nation stronger. If China can upgrade all its citizens into genetically engineered cyborg supersoldiers, they 100% will do it. We need to have the same attitude or we can't compete.

Being able to see in 50 primary colors instead of 3 might be interesting

Connect a computer to my brain and think 7 trillion times faster than before

Replace my bones with fucking titanium, replace my tendons with carbon polymer and hop rooftop to rooftop with ease

replace my teeth with razorblades and a new tongue made out of carbon monofilament, motors attached to it so it never gets tired, please the ladies all day as they will have long since replaced their lips with solid aluminium and will thus be immune to my razor teeth.

replace my schlong with a mechanical horse cock and my heart with a 2000HP sump pump, get a plutonium core installed.

Replace my fingertips with lasers and my legs with space rockets and we'll be to the moon this aftern00n.

>Sign me the fuck up.

The brain is hard to do though. Until we can upload our entirety onto a computer the brain will eventually age, fade, and decay. However if we do manage to upload our entirety onto a computer and can live forever that's the technological singularity.

Congratulations you win Civilization. Technology Victory.

I would prefer genetic modifications through CRISPR

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPR#Applications

All of these improvements and you would still spend your time shitposting.

That sounds much more complex and time-consuming.

I'm sacred of a Gray Death-like scenario, or the technology itself being predisposed to rejection from your body. Also, it should be made of some newfangled biometal or something that regenerates itself like the human body does. If everything manages to be like this, I'd be all for it.

But it's just going to be another Jewish trick with a consumer technology prone to dangers and mass manipulations and control. WHY HAVE YOU MADE ME INTO A JADED LUDDITE, Sup Forums?!

Well no shit, with so much computational power i could post 1000 fold and still have more time than i do now.

Its foolproof.

And painful death from cancer.

I'd rather have genetic augmentation

>Can finally change my gender to attack helicopter

Well if you wanted to be immortal, you could have a peripheral neural implant which crosslinks your brain to another through some wireless medium entailing a protocol. This would essentially be like an extra layer to the concept of self the proliferates in extension to the master brain.

You'd probably feel like a thing after the fact, but you wouldn't "die", more so just have a part of you disappear. The occurrence of seizures would be normal due to chemical induction, or feedback. So of course there would need to be some kinks worked out.

Yet, android and cyborgs are for faggots, and I would rather be a battle mage.

Icarus and his wings

Man, i can't remember how long it's been since i thought science fiction was true. Like, before middle school maybe.

Do you think picard and the enterprise are in the future too?

Augmentation is fiction.

Please don't make an argument that could also be used to justify perpetual motion, if you can.

Neo-feudalism.

C'mon Sup Forums the flesh is weak

Yep.

Good thing batteries will never be good enough to make this practical. "oh did you hear about the guy whose leg batteries failed and it killed like 30 people nearby?"

Not to mention, you're expecting the same species that can't be convinced that vaccines are safe that sticking computers into their brains to read their innermost thoughts is safe. Good fucking luck with that. Kooks aren't enough to base a market with such high costs on.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Annihilation
Just reminded me of this, played it when I was kid.

>3016
>not replacing your heart with a micro fusion reactor

Totally NOT schway, dude.

If it can fix my lower back I'm 100% for it.

SLow down damnit, our technology is going too fast,

Fusion takes a lot of fuel, unlike in comic book movies. It also releases megawatts of heat, which your body and surroundings cannot cope with.

i want a mechanical penis that constantly sends orgasm signals to my brain all day

It really isn't. We just like pretending that it is because it makes us feel special.

Look at how little things have actually changed in the last 70 years.

>still have phones
>still use electricity
>still use radio
>still use heat engines
>still use silicon for computers
>still have subsonic airplanes
>still have slow trains most places
>still have ICE powered cars.

Yeah i think the whole exponential future thing is just a load of nonsense from people who make mountains out of molehills.

The sooner I'm a seven thousand ton fission powered kill tank the sooner we'll all be happier.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
IT'S 3016! Fusion is totally safe!

true but we have updated alot of it

By all means.

Yes, updated. Not any of the "someone from X year would think everything we have is MAAAGIC!", just a revised form of a familiar thing to someone living in the 50's.

The Petrochemical singularity is the tipping point. Both where things change, and where they stay the same. We got a little bit of slack in the rope and we thought it would last for miles, but it turns out it was only a few feet.

It's possible but genetic modification is definitely the way to go. Machine mods are best for military applications.

Also since we're talking about vidya who thinks that an irl Spartan-2 program is the best solution to our orphan problem?

Orphan problem? What orphan problem? There are more couples wanting to adopt kids than there are orphans.

Not black ones, unless they're celebs out for a status baby.

>willingly letting people install a kill switch into your body

I'm wearing glasses so yes.

ROBOCOCK
O
B
O
C
O
C
K

Gene editing and body modification are the only things that will save us from the hordes of subhumans, we can uplift them genetically to make them not retarded criminals.

Depends on how sure I could be that governments weren't using it to spy on me.

I like this idea very much so

You can't remove every bone as they produce your blood, but I would get all of my ribs and if possible parts of my spine replaced with titanium so if someone punched me I wouldn't feel it and it would hurt them instead of me

No

Play DEUS EX (1) Faggot OP

>neets not knowing what the fuck they're talking about

We're fucking AGES away from augmentations that actually enhance your body. Prosthetic are nice, but the lack of feedback makes them much slower to use. You'd be insane right now to cut of your hand for a prosthetic one.

Titanium won't save you from organ damage as they slosh around in there from the impacts.

>ages

You mean Never.

>Celeb baby status

Tosh made a joke about Brad Pitt being a white supremacist and Angelina Jolie "over compensating"
I fucking lost it.

So what your saying is you want to be a ride for a guy?degenerate!

>letting people raise a potential military asset as a regular kid

Oh user, sweet, stupid user.

>orphan problem
what about our nigger problem and white trash problem of having too many kids to leech the system thats where things need to be fixed

I dont mind the idea of spartan 2 orphanage though

We have no reason not to support augmentation or eugenics.

Let's eradicate birth defects and human shortcomings in one fell swoop.

The human body is far from perfect and needs an upgrade.

>>still use silicon for computers
not for long
carbon nanotubes soon

The body is just a tool.
Why not improve it?

Ya but those minutes before his wings burned must of been glorious.

SHORTCIRCUT THE CLANKS.

CYBORG WAR NOW.

mad scientist implants electrodes on visual cortex so blind people can see. All tribal knowledge, scientist dies no one knows how to do it. previously blind folks go blind again due to cortex scarring. Shit's real, yo.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Dobelle
> I'm not a robot

Kek