Wew

Wew

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/11/the-inhumans-marvel-tv-series-abc-imax-2017-1201854503/
youtu.be/6mzDtbDgE0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this is only one studio
Seriously, when is the superhero bubble going to burst?

>Inhumans

Not in the next 4 or 5 years, I can tell you that

It's a noncanon show now.

It may have been BTFO'ed for a movie, but it's still coming out next year

>he doesn't know
deadline.com/2016/11/the-inhumans-marvel-tv-series-abc-imax-2017-1201854503/

DC has done a darn good effort at it with the garbage they put out.

I wish, all this garbage still does mad dosh no matter how shitty. SS proved that.

Just look at the top 10 box office for 2016, all comic book movies released (bar X-Men which is no. 11) are there.

WOW all SHIT!!!!!!

>Inhumans
Irrelevant show with 10$ budget don't count

Technically, it's two studios, seeing as Marvel Studios split away from the rest of Marvel Entertainment (including Marvel Television) last year.

Looking forward to Bae Fist.

I know it's 'cool' to be negative here, and anyone who enjoys things is a 'shill', but with the exception of Spiderman, I'm really looking forward to all of these.

Unless they bring in Doom after Infinity War, it's gonna be my jump-off point.

You and me both

more than anything else desu

If the Inhumans TV show bombs will Marvel finally give up on their Diet X-men push?

Hyped Tier
Guardians Vol 2, Iron Fist, Punisher, Defenders

Kind of Hyped but also Worried Tier
Spider-Man, Thor

Not Interested Tier
Inhumans

It's not strictly 1 studio though. It's closer to 4 studios.

General Reminder that Danny is precious and pure.

Yeah, all those should be at least alright, except for Spider-Man and maybe Inhumans depending on whether or not they adapt the nuHumans.

Iron Fist is something I'm kind of skeptical about but I'm willing to give Buck a chance if he doesn't have those fujoshits writing the show like he was stuck with on Dexter.

Only Punisher seems good and that is ruined already by adding ''Karen'' into every single episode already...

>bubble going to burst?

It will not by definition burst. The comic industry bursted cause it was like dominoes. Where one part of the pyramid fell, then another, then another, then another. Which then resulted in Marvels bankruptcy

The odds of the movie/TV bubble bursting? It's..... kinda impossible. This isn't like the housing market. Every single project would have to fail. All of them. Not one flop, not a couple. ALL OF THEM in a row. It's Netflix, it's disney, its too many things.

Fox and WB could fall, but both their movies this year made a profit as well. There is no bursting. It could shrink, but it will not burst, it will not disappear and fade away in one collapsing moment.

There won't be a sudden burst, instead you'll see what we're seeing now, one studio dominating the market and the others failing. We don't even need to discuss the corpse of Sony's Spider-Man series. Fox's Fant4stic was a disaster, Apocalypse was a financial dissapointment and critical failure, Gambit still hasn't taken off, and Logan is a send-off, the opposite of a franchise-booster. Warner Bros are doing decently in money terms but their creative process is a mess to hear it, and one serious failure could fuck their series up.

Marvel Studios will come out on top for the next few years. After the Infinity War movies, who knows.

The only way the bubble would "burst" is if every superhero movie started failing. Honestly, I can't even consider any sort of bubble bursting until a Marvel movie gets a full general negative consensus and actually bombs and that hasn't even come close to happening 14 movies in.

If anything, the other studios will fuck themselves over. Maybe not Fox though

Marvel could get a negative consensus by critics, but it would probably still make a lot of money. Hell, just this year Suicide Squad was trashed to hell and back and it still made a ton of money.

I doubt we'll see a Fant4stic style blunder of the century from them. That was one of the few comic book movies (the only one?) that failed both critically and financially in the last 8-9 years.

>>Marvel could get a negative consensus by critics, but it would probably still make a lot of money.
Which is why I said it would have to do poor critically AND bomb financially to even consider some kind of bomb happening. Which I can't see happening any time soon.

MR sounds interesting.

>Defenders
I'd prefer Invaders, honestly.

This might be the tipping point for Marvel. I mean, yes they are still topping shit with movies, but that is a lot of content they are pushing out for one year. I'm wondering if Marvel won't run out of fuel soon.

Actually 4.
>Marvel Studios
>Marvel TV
>Netflix
>Sony

So let's see...
>>Iron Fist
Steel Serpent killed
>>GOTG 2
Ego killed
>>Homecoming
Vulture killed
>>Punisher
SHIT TON OF GANGS DESTROYED
>>Inhumans
Maximus killed
>>Defenders
Hand Killed
>>Ragnarok
Hela killed

Are you literally me?

which ones do you personally care about?

I'm waiting to see something from Spiderman Homecoming before I make the call. Same with Thor: Ragnarok but I'm more liable to see that.

Couldn't give any less of a shit about GotG 2, Iron Fist, Defenders, or Inhumans.

The Punisher show is the only thing I'd dare to call myself anticipating.

Pretty much, but I doubt it'll happen. They fucking managed to get Guardians of the Galaxy to go mainstream. Ant-Man and Dr. Strange got solid numbers too. It'll be interesting to watch what happens after Infinity Wah.

I'm willing to try and watch them all. Fingers crossed for bodacious Crystal in Inhumans.

>GOTG 2
>Homecoming
Pretty much. You can see it comink from miles away. Russell and Keaton will pull a Swinton/Mads on their respective movies. Hela may live or leave it ambiguously for future materials.

I think Infinity Wars is the big one here. It is seen as the climax of everything, so where do you go from there?

I'm pretty hyped for all of 'em. Though, Iron Fist, Punisher, Defenders, and Spider-Man are at the top of my list.

Guardians definitely. I really hope they don't mess with Mantis that much, or at least make her a cute socially inept imouto, I could get behind that.

Then Spidey, Frank and Iron Fist. Ragnarok might be interesting since it ties with Infinity War. I don't really care about Inhumans, but will give it a watch anyway.

>so where do you go from there?
Galactus and/or X-Men Crossover.

Here's the thing most people don't get with the MCU. They won't strive for big name actors for long lasting roles because these actors don't have as flexible schedules. RDJ? Evens? All that? They had small careers til the MCU. But Anthony Hopkins? Hell, Glen Close who called GOTG a silly little space film? You notice how it's becoming more difficult trying to get them back, and they are increasingly more reluctant to come back. Sam Jackson is onboard cause he loves it. But bigger names won't stay because they have many other films they want to do, like Oscar films. Cumberbatch and Brie and all that are more willing to do 6 picture deals because they have small careers.

Which is why I think Forest will die in Black Panther.

You think too small.

And you are dumb, user. You don't burn all your firewood right away, when the fire is getting low you throw a few to keep it burning and when it is about to cease then you throw a fucking tree as a last ditch attempt to save your campfire, and judging by how things are currently going I guess we'll are more likely to see Ms. Marvel and Nova in phase 4, and a DC/SW crossover when the super hero hype is on their last breaths.

Big actors only get in the MCU for a quick easy buck. Marvel gets to market their names in order to attract more people. It works for both parties.

Also ABC and IMAX.

>this is only one studio
It's three studios. Marvel Studios, Marvel Television, and Sony Pictures.

Netflix IS Marvel TV. It's only 3 studios.

So...with Trump possibly causing diplomatic strain with China and the US, is it possible China will block all trade with US, thus blocking all films over there, and causing a huge decline in movie profits?

Pretty much none of them. I'm burnt out on cape flicks, I might watch Punisher sometime down the line, but I really just don't care anymore.

I honestly never thought I would be oversaturated with superheroes, but somehow they did it. My interest died with Ultron.

I was actually depressed when I saw the first trailer to Doctor Strange and just didn't care.

This and Punisher.

Though this will obviously go down in quality after the eighth episode like all the netflix series.

Thor's logo is basically Fallout: Blood Dragin

This for me, but not too much hype for Guardians 2.

Nah, Karen's probably just gonna be in four episodes, and in tiny proportions.

>Though this will obviously go down in quality after the eighth episode like all the netflix series.
Daredevil S2 still hurts

not as bad as Jess Jones.

Some of these things just works at 8-10 episodes, not 13.

>regular people with guns

How are these super heroes?

I don't think anyone has ever called Frank a superhero.

And they seem to have compromised by running the two hour pilot in theaters.

>he thinks the superhero movie bubble will just burst

Do you think he will actually wear the costume?

Not him, but he'd fucking better.

Oh God, they're practically just replacing "X-Men" in dialog with "Inhumans" at this point. Lazy asses.

youtu.be/6mzDtbDgE0E Water bottle flips too

they are never going to bring the defenders into the MCU are they? like ever?

probably. there is no real need to bring in an x-men lite into the MCU. the real big get would have to be fantastic four which is really all about brining in more cosmic beings like galactus, silver surfer and dr. doom in interesting ways.

like a tony stark/dr. strange team up movie where they take on dr. doom

or silver surfer showing up at asgard

or do a fantastic four movie with future foundation spider-man.

the show opportunities are limitless

Except Inhumans is not Netflix, that's why I listed Marvel TV as a separate studio, dumbass.

>Fantastic Four
>Fantastic Four 2: Doom
>Dr. Strange 2: Triumph and Torment
>Guardians of the Galaxy 3: Annihilation
>Marvel's The Annihilators

Some of my many wet dreams.

Probably not. Ike is butthurt Feigy cucked him out of the movies, and now that Marvel Studios dropped the Inhumans movie (Ike's pet project) the kike must not want anything to do with them.

I am looking forward to Spiderman is well. I am just more concerned about it than the others.

Weirdly, I read somewhere the film will also still go on.

3 of these things are movies, 4 are TV shows.

How is this any different from how Marvel's been operating for years?

I hope Inhumans bombs so they can stop pushing it in the comics.

Seriously, when will retards stop asking this question?

MCU continues to be successful because rather than a bunch of movies, it's more like a big budget TV-series at this point. There's a sense of continuity and development. They've managed to make you care about the characters and you want to see what happens to them next, that's all that's needed pull people back to the theaters again and again.

I believe the real turning point comes when the present Avenger actors' contracts expire, around the Infinity Wars. The audience is getting exhausted, it's going to be a much bigger challenge to get them interested in the new faces replacing the old ones. They can still pull it off if they execute it well enough, but the standards for what's a well done MCU film keep on getting higher and higher.

Yes, but he'll probably get it from Orson.

WAKE ME UP

I wonder what happened to all these people during the Death of X.

Man, that Ragnarok logo/title card looks 80s as fuck, and I love it.

>Hyped
Thor: Ragnarok
The Punisher

>Moderately hyped
GotG 2
Inhumans (holding out hope they adapt the traditional Inhumans and not the X-Men lite shit they're doing right now)

>Eh, I'll watch them
Spider-Man
Defenders
Iron Fist

>Punisher
Just give me an adaptation of Ennis' MAX run and I'm set.