When did we get to the point where internet cartoons are better than most of the shows that are airing television???

When did we get to the point where internet cartoons are better than most of the shows that are airing television???

youtube.com/watch?v=I5rtCkd9v98

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IyhOPEo2v8I
youtu.be/DYOc-LqkrsE
youtube.com/watch?v=TgJoUuWtriQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just think of all the lore that could be expanded upon through future episodes. this isn't just good, this is REALLY GOOD...

found the 1 frame image lads.

pls respond :(

Any news on "THE REWARD" guys ?

found another.

forgot image

Don't worry OP, I liked it.

th-thanks

y-you too

I wouldn't call this better than an actual cartoon. It was charming, sure, but parts of this were very difficult to watch. The majority of the scenes were filled with distracting animations. The perspective was completely constant, which is really boring. The writing didn't get much more than a smirk out of me.

It could get better though, so there's that.

yeaah, I kind of made the OP for clickb& reasons so that people would watch this. I don't actually think this is better than t.v. cartoons, I just wanted people to share a cool cartoon with you guys.

also keep in mind that this is done by one guy and he's pitching this to a studio. I don't know if it would get too much better, but it will be exciting to see where it goes from here.

I like it, But does fantasy sell?
It just doesn't look marketable like you know a LolRandum poorly animated cartoon with fart jokes.
Some company that won't be named would pick that up in a second.

I'd rather watch this than Adventure Time or Mighty Magiswords atleast

>indie and self-started artistic works are better than ones produced for corporations
Wooooah

>good voice acting
>interesting setting
>stuff actually going on in the background

i like the last one the most because it really helps world building and that it doesn't make everything feel so empty

This isn't an example of a good internet toon. Hell, even the most hated cartoon on TV right now has better comedic timing than that:
youtube.com/watch?v=IyhOPEo2v8I

But you ARE correct that the indie/interent animation scene has been far more interesting the last 5 - 7 years than the TV scene and a lot of that is thanks to advances in programs that make digital animation much easier to do on a professional level. Fuck, just marathon the best CalArts or Gobelins students shorts in the past 2 years alone and it'll fucking make you hate TV. That shit is done by STUDENTS who are still following basic simplified cartoony principles but doing it with some actual passion rather than than TV creators who shrug and don't care and just let the board artists do whatever they want while they collect checks.

That being said, I still enjoy TV cartoons. I just really wish things would get a little less homogenized.

read this

I did read that already. Which is why I phrased things the way I did. That isn't a very good example of some cool online thing to watch but regardless, the online animation scene still is more interesting.

that was mostly cringeworthy toss, dated memes and bog standard youtube "be dumb but call it a parody of something"-tier humor. The only thing that made it even look remotely unique was the OP image.

The point I wanted to get across with that post was that this is one guy doing this, and for one person to write, direct and edit this... all I'm saying it could of turned out way worse.

Not saying your wrong, In fact I think you are spot on about how T.V. cartoons do have better quality. but I think that it's important to note that this was done without professional writers, animators, and directors. which he could be getting in the future because he is thinking of pitching to a studio.

I know this is bait, but it's well written bait. Well done!!!

quality comment section

Most e-toons and student projects are done by a few people. We've come a long way since Newgrounds.

youtu.be/DYOc-LqkrsE

bump

That was actually pretty good.

I really liked the stats and the loading screens and such.

The Hero Yoshihiko is way better.

I liked it, it was nice.

I liked the "distracting" animations. Its better than having the backgrounds be static images.

It had unique character designs, fleshed-out characters, and lots of visual gags. I especially like the dick-ass thief.

i liked how magic dude held his book like a gun.

and the massive cringe damage joke was actually pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=TgJoUuWtriQ
Why isn't this guy more popular?

this is bad...

i liked it, but im sure by the time the next episode is out 8 months from now i will no longer care

I fucking love this. Adult Swim should pick it up.

Almost puked.

This has potential, but they are going to have to tone down the game references and sexiness if any network wants to Greenlight it.

>but they are going to have to tone down the game references

That's kind of the point though.

It didn't really come off as "sexist' to me, but I do think some of the humor could be refined. Some of it was kinda "too" dumb.

what about G4

It got a couple of chuckles out of me and I like the compact character designs & the setting (I've been wanting an RPG/D&D-inspired cartoon), but it seems like it's trying a liiittle bit too hard to be something like South Park. Writing could be smarter.

Uhhh...

Sorry user but G4 as a station doesn't exist anymore. Last time I saw it it was just cops/cheaters reruns non-stop and that was many years ago. I honestly can't tell you if the station can literally be found on TV anymore as I highly doubt it is even alive at this point assuming they didn't sellout or change their name/logo.

Greenlight it

they are not

Has some really ok stuff

but its mostly shit

99% sure the creators made this thread

This feels like something I'd watch in mid-2000s Newgrounds. I mean that i both a good and bad way.

>The perspective was completely constant, which is really boring.
It's the standard perspective for American animation.

>that i both a good and bad way

*that in both a good and bad way