Star Trek

I've never watched Star Trek and I'd like to start. What series should I start with?

I always tell people to start with TNG.
If you start with TOS, it's going to feel very aged if you've never watched Star Trek. This doesn't mean it isn't good, but it might be something you watch after TNG. Patrick Stewart plays a really good Captain.

Unironically, Voyager is better tot start with than TNG. The first seasons of TNG are very off putting, even if it evolves in the best show later on

1. TNG
2. DS9
3. VOY
4. TOS
5. ENT
6. The Orville

Correct. Don't skip anything either. The worst episodes are discussed often and part of the fun.

TNG. The first season feels quite dated but it gets better.

This is now /trek/

Any Hoshi x Porthos fan fiction?

>The absolute state of Enterprise fans
This is why nobody takes you seriously

Don't listen to this nigger OP.
Airing order or fuck off, and Orville is shit.

kek

You're a faggot making a "where do I start with X" thread. Watch the three JJ Trek movies and start watching Discovery on CBS or Netflix depending on your region.

Any Janeway x Kazon fan fiction?

Any Cardassian Vole x Tribble fan fiction?

Holy shit I need this

Is anyone actually hype for discovery tonight?

I'm actually hyped and I hope it's kino. Although if it's trash at least the shitposting on here will be great.

part of me hopes the first episode is about a gay muslim getting a sex change or something just to see the internet shitstorm

>Hey JJ, can you reboot our franchise?
>*shits all over it*
>Thats... better?

Hoshi gave me yellow fever that lasts to this day.

Although Michelle Yeoh is dog ugly, and dog eater.

Correct order is

ENT
Discovery (bleurrrhhh erhhh voms damn fagits)
TOS
FILMS 1-6
TNG
FILMS 7-10
DS9
VOY
NU-TREK movies

Depends on your taste.
ToS is great, but if you don't like old, campy TV it might not be for you (give it a go)
Otherwise TNG

Hoshi has the "girl next door" Asian look that's why.

This is accurate. Just keep in mind that the first season of TNG is mostly terrible and the show doesn't really come into its own until season 3.

I watched the first 15 eps of TNG, then I realized I really liked it (and I don't really mind older stuff) so I went back to TOS and watched through that first. I only finished it a few months ago and haven't continued on with TNG yet, but I loved TOS.

Final digit of this post is how many seasons Discovery goes for.

Lads, Star Trek: Social Justice is on tonight. Kill me if anyone really enjoys it post JJ Abrams.

Sup Forums's official star trek guide:
>TOS remastered Season 1
>TOS remastered Season 2
>TOS remastered Season 3
>Director's Cut of Star Trek: The Motion Picture
>Director's Cut of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
And then stop right fuckin here. Best Star Trek film, perfect Star Trek ending, and it's so much better to not watch the quality drop. The Wrath of Khan is the best place to end Star Trek as someone who made the mistake of watching it all.

Trek in the late 80's and 90's became sterile and derivative. It stopped being campy and imaginative in favour the same formula again and again. By the time you get to DS9 its boring, and Voyager and Enterprise are like parodies.

Lol this is actually all I have watched so far. TOS + 2 movies. Sorry to disappoint but I plan on continuing.

All of those SUCK

Janeway was the BEST Captain.

Motion Picture was ass, and 4 and 6 were great

Hahah I know right, despite the actress being a Korean American. Nothing like a fragile young princess in need of a hero to make a nerd fall in love (every anime ever).

what

Hoshi was beautiful and yet utterly useless and knew it, it was so kawaii. Made me fall in love with her.

>meming that Voyager was good
Go get some sleep Rick Berman

She put all her character creation points and skill points into her Mirror Universe version.

>tfw no Empress Sato and her harem of Vulcan girls tv movie yet
>tfw no Mirror!Kira meets Mirror!Sato mini-series

Well, they did make an effort to make her more competent as the series progressed.

It's jarring for kids who grew up on JJA's bullshit like that poster when the characters don't start out as some magical mary sue special snowflake of skill and competence.

I'd take either Hoshi's.

Funny really her actual title would be Empress Hoshi. Not Empress Satou as Satou is her Surname.

Anyway, I think I'd prefer the communications officer of NX-01 as I know I ain't getting poisoned, and I am sure I could bring the dirty girl out of her.

Yes, unbelievable CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. We were robbed of a seven season show :'(

>social justice

>muh jellyfish
>muh bajorans
>muh ocampa

I hate the JJA movies. Anything that isn't just muh action scenes and perfect characters with no development will be a nice change.

>Kill me if anyone really enjoys it
No chance, they even know themselves how shit it is.

This is a scourge of death.

I don't want to watch it, its going to be worse than Dr Who, why do they keep taking shows and running them into the ground, why do Jews have no creativity and keep rehashing stuff with slight changes? Why do they keep promoting sick agendas using TV shows? Why does it get worse every year?

Last Kelvin movie wasn't directed by Abrams, idiots. It's also the last movie that actually felt like Star Trek, moreso than Nemesis and Insurrection ever felt.

Star Trek has become US's Gundam Wherein the producers always has to extend early UC/Prime Timeline even when there's potential elsewhere.

Discovery could very well have been the Kelvin Movies' prequel and no one would have been outraged they would've hit so many things right with it to market it to the mainstream. You get cameos or guest appearances from George Kirk, Sarek, and Admiral Marcus to help flesh out motivations and groundwork for the movies.

Beyond was shit and didn't feel like ST at all.

>That one where Neelix experiences an existential crisis

Boyond didn't feel like Star Trek to me. It was a generic action movie with a few Star Trek eastereggs for the fans.

Captain Proton spinoff when?

Just watch everything in chronological order

Noooooooo

How odd that the only enjoyable Neelix episodes were the ones where he suffers.

this

Because most of you determined to give in to elitism. Beyond was basically a TOS episode on steroids that had a narrative of Kirk embracing the unknown by the end of it all, it also dealt with what he was going to do moving forward, Spock on the other hand is trying to deal with loss with Ambassador Spock and his own mortality.

Out of the three Kelvin Timeline movies, it was the best and you obviously just hate it to maintain your elitism.