strawpoll.me/11785007
youtube.com/watch?v=4PzetPqepXA
youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4Y3sHyfsg
youtube.com/watch?v=ajg8QrSsr_A
youtube.com/watch?v=AF12MyeNbno
youtube.com/watch?v=8J4x8OIkDL8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6_9ReEGuY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure thing. But I'll make it as mediocre as possible!

>Charlie Brown had nothing to lose after he made it with the red-haired girl
>he accepted his draft, and set off to the 'nam
>they haven't heard from him since, even after Saigon fell

My bookstore had a Peanuts anthology book with different artists doing different takes on the characters

I'm mildly ashamed to say I only looked through it to see if any of the girls were drawn in a lewd manner

strawpoll.me/11785007

I'm sure I'm early enough to get votes this time

Well were they?

oh, ok then

youtube.com/watch?v=4PzetPqepXA

Well what do you expect to happen if you just walk up to girls for no reason?

Patty best girl Lucy a shit

>strawpoll.me/11785007
I voted for Peppermint Patty but why isn't Peggy Jean there?

Or both Melendez and Blue Sky incarnations of The Little Red-Haired Girl?

__ ____ _____ _____ ____ __

We ain't ever gonna make it.

Because nobody would ever vote for them. Li'l CG girl is cute though, all things considered

This threads never really last, but hey it's gonna be christmas. Lets get that fucking cheer out

Wait no don't you'll kill the

The what?

SOME VELVET MORNING

>getting cheerful over a jewish commercial racket

>not posting Skating first
youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4Y3sHyfsg

RLSTNE

Bumpaga

Charlie Brown is suffering

youtube.com/watch?v=ajg8QrSsr_A

>I only looked through it to see if any of the girls were drawn in a lewd manner
what kind of book is this where you would expect that?

I searched for older renditions of peanuts characters

a Christmas tradition

If only psychiatric help was so cheap

Imagine being so poor or so lonely that you don't get presents.

why?

What did he mean by this?

Charlie Brown of all the motherfuckas you the motherfuckest

Why what?

>missed the first airing of charlie brown christmas on thursday
they'll play it again, right? i need my fix of it every year.

>peppermint patty wining TEN-to-one for any girl

how can anyone compete?

Bump.

I'm never gonna give you up

Because it wasn't the song that went with he webm. Or the first song in the special.

If I was just posting my favorite I would have posted this. youtube.com/watch?v=AF12MyeNbno

i watch it every year.

Youre boned user.

If only she helped

She helps a lot more than an actual psychiatrist would.

Child psychiatry pretty much just amounts to putting them on Ritalin.

Schultz actually drew Lucy naked in one strip as an angel sitting on a cloud or something

dude was losing it in his old age

Why is he called Charlie Brown and not Charlie White?

oh shit the copyright strike is gone. they better be gone on their other videos. i had to resort to dailymotion to get my fix for a while

Aha! I found it, Sup Forums.

Might have to request a redraw in a drawthread...

I miss the old feet

There isn't even any nipples.

Why would there be? They're probably a really light shade of pink that would be hard to see from a distance.

Besides, nobody else has nipples.

This is how you get away with topless loli -- no nipples

So why the fuss over topless?

a light shade of pink? With hair that black?

I don't think so

it makes our prostates tingle

My brother has black hair and pink nipples, and so did Hitler.

The "Black" hair that white people have is just a very dark brown.

>hitler

it never fails

and that may be the case in the movie, (the very realistic hair is odd) the old cartoons her hair was definitely black

>Very realistic hair
They only had about 5 colours to choose from in the old cartoons

sure

Regardless, I would prefer a traditionally animated Peanuts, or a more realistic take with CG

not this hybrid shit

>tfw hoping for a restored version with the Coca-Cola product placement restored

The fans can do it, right?

Star Wars fans restored the unaltered versions of the Original Trilogy in HD and they can certainly do this, right?

>realistic take on the CG
What would that even look like?

Coca cola wasn't involved in star wars. I wouldn't get my hopes up

No, what I meant is that I wish fans would restore the Coca-Cola product placement in the Peanuts specials.

And I was this kind of thing to the Despecialized Editions of the Star Wars Original Trilogy.

>What would that even look like?

Well for one, we'd finally get to see Charlie Brown and linus with proper hair.

I'm thinking of buying one of the books, which decade of Peanuts was the best?

TRICK OR TREAT

I was just trying to say coca cola, dolly madison, fox and cbs would make things difficult. There's not really much that's known to be changed other than the obvious sign and credits anyway.

But why wouldn't it be live action at that point?

depends entirely on your taste.

Because animation is superior to live action

I know that, but there's no way you'd convince a studio to spend $$$$$ to animate realistic children when they exist in the wild for free.

God, why didn't they just make his hair a graphic black line?

Having it as a literal pube strand is fucking disgusting.

you really are the other sister!

50's has a surprising number of the best strips, a constantly changing art style, Snoopy is mostly a dog, Sup Forums seems to really like it and is probably most acceptable socially to own a book of.

60's is commonly seen as being "the best" especially early on, but the fame and marketability of the franchise has a strong effect after the specials start coming out

70's Shulz has gone mad with power. Nosedive in quality.

80's DUDE SNOOPY LMAO. Jeannie Shulz's favourite decade.

90's feels like there's been a radiation leek nearby and all the characters are slowly dying of brain cancer. Oddly compelling and the art style is consistently feels really sad.

But the restoration is made by fans by combining the Blu-ray and some airings.

It's mothafuckin' Easter time, not Halloween! You Cadbury cunt cream!

A Peanuts movie with a Final Fantasy-esque look just doesn't fit.
And the animation in the CGI movie is pretty good.

There's a huge variety of styles between charles schulz and robert zemeckis, you know

Personally, never had a problem with the so-called uncanny valley.
Probably because I'm a sperg.

It's happened before, it could happen again.

I think seeing the Peanuts gang drawn realistically would have given it that "movie" sense/feel

Robert Zemeckis didn't direct make a single Final Fantasy game or movie.

And I personally think that the motion capture in Final Fantasy is a better version of Robert Zemeckis' style but with a hint of Ghibli mixed in for good measure.

Also, I unironically enjoy The Polar Express and A Christmas Carol (2009) as great Christmas movies.

Poor old Charlie.

I feel ya man.

I know that, I just drew the comparison with the uncanny valley and all that

I also enjoy the 2009 Christmas Carol movie, but only because it's so unabashedly dark and I'm a sucker for Jim carrey, I'll admit it.

I would have liked The Polar Express more if The North Pole wasn't so unpleasant when they arrived. I mean, it's kind of a let-down. And don't even get me started on these creepy looking elves with Brooklyn accents

How was the North Pole unpleasant?

And nothing, NOTHING in that film is as creepy and disturbing as the Steven Tyler elf.

Yes, those elves were the worst part of the movie.

But I still like the movie as a whole.

youtube.com/watch?v=8J4x8OIkDL8

I don't think the North Pole was unpleasant, just that no one was around since they all gathered in that one area. At least if I'm remembering it correctly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6_9ReEGuY

Keep the thread alive.

What cheer? Christmas sucks dick. And not in the good way.

Always thought it was hot that Charlie Brown had a tomboy and her glasses wearing sidekick craving his dick.

It was unpleasant because that greedy little shit followed his present into the industrial toy making factory rather than hang out at the Christmas party they set up and wait for Santa.

Tupac Shakur was a Jewish Holiday

Marcie > Peppermint Patty

MASALLAH SUCK MY DICK BITCH

>No Little Red-Haired Girl

>or a more realistic take with CG
>not this hybrid shit
That would be a bad idea. They tried when they made that CGI movie, but it was awful.

>The problem was inherent in the task Blue Sky Studios had set itself: making Charles Schulz’s 2D, ink-drawn Peanuts gang into 3D, computer-generated characters while retaining their idiosyncratic comic strip look and charm.

>Early experiments weren’t promising. What might have seemed like the straightforward approach of taking an average set of proportions from the comic strips to model a 3D character proved… unsatisfactory.

>“It looked horrifying,” says Bruno, rotating an early 3D model of Charlie Brown’s basketball head to illustrate. “That doesn’t look like Charlie Brown, that looks like a clown”. He’s right. Face-on, what he's showing us is unmistakeably Charlie Brown—the ink-pool eyes, scribble of hair, wobbly mouth and little round ears—but rotate it just a fraction and Charlie disappears. As a profile, it’s barely recognisable.

>One reason is that in his Peanuts strips, all seventeen thousand of them, Charles Schulz exercised a kind of artistic license when it came to character design. From pose to pose and panel to panel, character proportions change. Compare a comic strip Charlie Brown profile to a front view and you’ll see the nose move higher, the ears move lower, the hair turn from “a candy-cane hook to whatever that squiggly thing is”, says Carroll. “And then the eyes are completely different. From the side, they lean forward, but how does that happen on a 3D form without sinking into the head?”

>The solution was to build multiple heads for each character and swap them as the movement required, stop-motion style. Bruno explains, “In the movie, if Charlie goes from profile to a three quarter position, that’s a completely different head model. All different eyes, all different head, hair, everything,” says Bruno. “It’s like a Mr Potato Head, you’re moving different parts around.” That way, the audience sees a recognisable Charlie Brown from each angle, even if they’re not all part of the same integrated CG model.

>Bruno and Carroll illustrate once again using a model of Snoopy’s head. “Snoopy is even more scary. He’s a flounder. His head is like a Picasso. He’s got two eyes on one side of his head.”

>Attempting to achieve Schulz’s Picasso perspective on Snoopy without the head-swapping technique would mean the camera moving around Snoopy’s head to reveal a nightmarish blank face devoid of features (imagine the camera doing just that on the Flying Ace image above). There’d be no mouth either, because in order to recreate Schulz’s drawings, Snoopy’s mouth in the film is really “just a floating piece of geometry.” “If we didn’t do this trick, his lip-line would go up around the other side of his face, and you just would never see it.”

The hybrid animation was the only way to make it work in CGI. If you want more realism, you might as well just film it as live-action instead, because it's impossible to turn these characters into CGI models that will work well from every angle.

>7 cents
Punk raised her prices!

It's just a seasonal rate

>dril
>peanuts
>two of the finest works of literature colliding

Loving this.

I think 90s was kind of a renaissance after the 80s nadir.

Where is this from?

The Kaboom! Peanuts comics