Thoughts on Two More Eggs?

Thoughts on Two More Eggs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7VIldfbJ8Oc
youtube.com/watch?v=6YTmUMlUMdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's by the Homestar Runner guys, so there's that.

I liked it for the most part. I really liked the children's show parody. Didn't like the foreign random humor guy.

Pretty good, I really like the Hector & Kovitch bits. Probably because Hector reminds me a lot of Homestar due to the voice and some of his mannerisms.

A lot of them feel like they could be HR cartoons if you just added the characters.

A lot of the characters have taken inspiration from some of HR's universe. Dooble sounds and talks a lot like Homsar. Hector is basically Homestar with a side-lisp. Hot Dip is reminiscent of the Marshy commercials, and Hot Dip himself sounds like he'd belong in Limozeen. Trauncles feels somewhat similar to Teen Girl Squad, and there are tons of other similarities

youtube.com/watch?v=7VIldfbJ8Oc

Jesus how did Disney let them get away with such risque stuff? This is dirtier than Homestar ever was.

Bad Snaxx is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

I disagree about trauncles.

It's a little hit and miss but the hits are homeruns.

That's not dirty at all, what are you even talking about?

Secret highlight of the show for certain.

Am I not supposed to see this as an allegory for prostitution?

They're solid, but definitely feel like webtoons. It feels immensely like Homestar material. Fortunately these only air in between commercials, so I'm fine with the rather low quality of them. It's not like they have it going for 22 minutes at a time.

and the kid is adorable too
I'm pretty damn sure Joshow is just Coach Z's secret other family, if not for the fact that he has apparently gotten laid at least once

well the art is TGSlike. Trauncles is clearly also meant to look like childrens' drawings..
which is why they had one ABOUT childrens' drawings, while the narrator tries in vain to identify them

>The joshow show will teach your children to...just give up. It's worth it.

Between that and the jokes about living under bridges I love how they poke fun at how depressing adult life is

no

>The Zambly Zoo will teach your... uh what? It's not called Zambly Zoo? Well maybe there SHOULD be a show called Zambly Zoo!
>Zambly Zoo, they're a fambly foo, and they're DJs probably, too!

>Zambly zoo has been canceled

It occasionally hits the mark and his it hard, like qblpon. For the most part, though, it's average at best. As Homestar shorts, they'd be bottom of the barrel.

I really liked World's Best. I could actually see a full show based on that

eh even at it's weakest it's brief enough to where it's never not amusing

bottom of the barrel like tape-leg? or SCRAPING the bottom of the barrel like dictionary?

>not liking Tape-Leg

pleb

extra sauce

that was kind of my point. I liked tape-leg

's alright. I watched a number of them. Hector & Kovitch is the best, followed closely by Trauncles.

whats that from specifically?

I believe it was called "Parental Notice: Jamble Bears"

When it doesn't hit the right notes, it's meh. When it's funny, really fucking funny. I love The Brothers Chap and I want them to do other shit too.

well they tried doing a movie with the jim henson company, but, like almost everything that company does, they couldnt find a studio willing to fund it

Is this the new "Too Many Cooks?"

nah it's shorts made by the homestarrunner guys for disney

i'm trying to think of a comparison but I'm not sure this has ever happened in history before

youtube.com/watch?v=6YTmUMlUMdk

it's a good one

>i'm trying to think of a comparison but I'm not sure this has ever happened in history before

What are you talking about? It's literally Homestar Runner but without the HSR characters

no i mean
like, the guy behind stroker and hoop, who also wrote for shit like harvey birdman and aquateens sometimes, did a random as fuck live action parody short.. that's too many cooks.. so "the new" too many cooks would be more like... the Peasant's Quest Movie Trailer, y'dig?

but I don't think Two More Eggs is 'the new' anything, because I can't think of a time in the past when a wellknown longrunning webseries got some tv shorts
I mean I think MTV aired a few Weebl and Bobs but those were the same toons with just an edited title.

Didn't Egoraptor have some sort of deal with MTV? Or was that not a TV thing?

Not exactly long running but still

YOU HAVE TO EAT ALL THE EGGS

hmm I know danny sexbang STARTED with one of those THEN got onto a longrunning proper web series, so that'd be reverse two more eggs.

Very few bad ones

It's all funny Trauncles is the best though.

That was just Matt and Craig.

Only thing I've seen the Brothers do together was direct a few music videos, including one for Of Montreal