X-Men (mostly) Complete Messiah Epic Storytime, pt.14

So, last we saw, there was a big red bubble in San Francisco Bay--right where Utopia should be.

Other urls found in this thread:

archived.moe/co/thread/88062845/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The saga so far:

archived.moe/co/thread/88062845/

>want to sleep
>need to sleep
>but THE BEST X-Men period is being storytimed

This is true suffering.

Do it for Namor.

Oh this is not good.

Now for something completely different!

;_;7

Artistically, the lack of dialogue in this opening battle is a bold choice by Kyle & Yost that I feel really pays off and additionally is a testament both to the relentlessness of the battle but also their faith in Choi to deliver.

Yeah, it'd be perfect for a percussion-only soundtrack, with fade-ins and outs to each little scene if it was live action. That's how I look at it.

The Doug reference got a giggle.

But also I love this page because it exemplifies the differences between Storm and Beast. Both disagree with Scott but Ororo isn't such a whiner that she'll let it get in the way of dealing with the immediate problem at hand, survival.

And now look at Storm.

I've seen enough Hentai to know how this ends.

Yeah it's really disheartening looking back at this era and then comparing it to how the current crop of writers have bastardised the X-Brand and it's core cast, and even without the Inhuman push, the whole handling of the Cyclops is literally Hitler saga has been piss poor.

>Laura in the background terrified

Hellion and Laura were so much fun together. It's a shame they turned Hellion into a prick.

What is with people fucking throwing around blame for no goddamn reason in this story? Holy shit. Forced drama is forced.

Yeah, so spinning out of this we had what, something around 5 really solid books? Age of X was just around the corner, too.
Then we hit Schism, which while a huge gut punch to the momentum, still left us with 8+ titles of which at about half of them were "ok to incredible". There were still nice ideas floating around.

Then came AvX.