Do you miss the era when superheroes could dress like sluts without backlash from the public?

Do you miss the era when superheroes could dress like sluts without backlash from the public?

Have you seen Storm's Resurroion costume? I think you're actually misinterpreting a general move towards more "practical"/"uniform-style"/"movie-style" costumes as part of the evil feminist agenda.

Goddess! How I miss Ororo's flagrant nudist years.

Some still dress like sluts.

you can always read Broad Sword comics

Excuse me did you just slut shame her? Keep your prudish morals off her body.

not really, because all-covering sensible clothing makes me hard
having everyone wear some sort of armor would be the best

Isn't the obvious lesbian look also an advertisement for sexual availability?
So in a way she's still dressing like a slut.

Pants where a mistake

Sexy costumes are frowned upon in general. On one side, sometimes the sexy costumes are really ridiculous, on the other side, the concept of Superheroes is pretty egregious by itself, sometimes the practical, uniform style suits that fit movies seem really boring and out of place in comics, who have always been outlandish. Trying to make comics more "realistic" or grounded is more ridiculous than embracing the possibilities of the medium.

You already have people singlehandedly saving the country and fighting crime, sometimes without even super powers, is that much of a stretch if that people are hot women dressed provocatively?

Namor hasn't dressed like that in a while.

And the other look is non-slut?

I think it's really an issue of "mature costumes for mature readers such as myself" it's a similar reason why a lot of male costumes get muted and toned down into tacticool or armor versions of their more classic costumes.
Not as slut as the speedo and it varied.
Personally I like the diving neckline look.
The speedo didn't have enough going on to be a good design in my opinion.
They should've really ran with the phoenix design though. THAT was the perfect marriage of sexiness and design.

But she's in a committed relationship with her Spider-MILF.

Those costumes were incredibly sexual.
The most tame one is Scott's Hellraiser bondage suit.

Hey, even the superlesbian who gets ceiling-sex on the regular can have a wandering eye...
...she was paying a lot of attention to personally grooming Kamala...

>"mature costumes for mature readers such as myself"

Yeah that's why I think they fit better with movies, that have to pander to a bigger demographic, but if you really think so, tacticool isn't less ridiculous than a circus costume. So, it doesn't make sense to limit yourself to that in comics. But even tacticool can work sometimes, so I don't know, I guess you shouldn't drop any possibility in the spectrum, from slutty to tacticool.

That's not even a slutty outfit. That's way more covered up then you'd see at the beach.

For some reason Namor looks more sexual there than with his scaly speedo.

Really, I think it's just that the sexy costumes are the most obviously impractical ones. I agree with you to an extent, but it's way easier to look at someone running around in a speedo or leotard and think "that must be uncomfortable as fuck".
I think bare thighs are what generally "does it" for people. And honestly, they often don't look that great designwise anyway. Wonder Woman is way better with the skirt, and I honestly like that She-Hulk variant costume with the pants but bare arms. YMMV, though.

Her costume isn't even slutty. It's just a basic leotard. Superheroes wear leotards, get over it.

Pete
Illyana
Namor
Emma
Scott

I always thought it was a basic swimsuit.
It's only the fashion accessories that make it look slutty.
She-Hulk wears less and she doesn't look half as slutty.
(even though she is slutty)

No.

It's mostly the big tits that make it slutty. If she had small tits no one would care.

I've never understood why people think this costume is so slutty in the first place.
She is covering at least 75% of her skin.
She doesn't even have a boob window.

I don't think you know what slutty means

I dunno either man, everything has to be such a head ache these days

No...
Pretty sure it's all that sex that makes her slutty...

The public still does not care about comic books. This prudishness is a fad already on it's way out.

>This prudishness is a fad already on it's way out.

really? because Im not seeing a whole of evidence

I hate the fact that masked vigilantes are even accepted by the public in a casual manner in canon, and the fact that concealing your identity is basically unnecessary anymore because in the marvel universe nobody but enemy ninja mooks care.

The whole normalizing superheroes as "just normal people who do normal things and stand up on the same issues we do" literally defeats the point of the genre. In the main universes, it seems like getting powers is only a bigger soapbox for these "perfect" people to preach off of. What happened to the old days in which revealing your identity to your friend didn't result in excited fangirl squeaks, but in getting betrayed and turned in to the police for being a dangerous masked criminal. Where's the drama in being a mediocre hero with 20 people cheering you on and telling you you're great, and exclusively fighting absurd strawmen who only exist to challenge the hero's unwavering faith in themselves, and in social democracy

I would say, I can't see why they write this drivel, but people actually buy it, so all i can do is be upset at people for having shit taste.

/mad

> tacticool isn't less ridiculous than a circus costume

But it makes more sense to wear something 'tactictool' in the modern world as opposed to if it was made out of spandex which looked less ridiculous in the 60's. Having a "grounded and muted" design just works better in our contemporary world.

Should we be reporting an asshole who comes onto a comics thread and shitposts about how he thinks nobody cares about comics?
It does seem like the only reason to post that crap is to pick a fight.

It's the nipples.
Also I feel like the fact it's sort of framing the sexy bits rather than just letting them be revealed.
That's why Peeg's titty window is somehow more sexual than straight up massive cleavage.

Spandex is idiotic, always has been.
I've long since chose to believe they're wearing something like athletic sportswear, wetsuits and such.
But Superman's original look was "circus strongman", and Batman was in a Halloween costume.
"Tacticool" is silly in it's own way, but some body armor works with some characters.
Punisher, Batman, Captain America, and the like.
But come on, Daredevil is a ninja vigilante. Let's not screw that simple concept up.

>wetsuits

have you ever actually WORN a wetsuit?

Why? Wetsuits are not suppose to restrict or hinder your mobility. If one does, it wasn't tailored to your measurements.

It's still not something you'd want to wear when running around on land. Where crime is.

Costumes haven't been changed to desluttify them. They've been changed into "practicool" leather garbage because it makes it easier to adapt into live action. The desluttification is simply an unfortunate side effect.

Sea-crime, user, Sea-crime.

>Spandex is idiotic, always has been

Yeah, and it's used mostly because comic artists couldn't bother drawing clothes and they resorted to just painting over the flesh.

I get the feeling it's the other way around. Tight fitting spandex is the closest thing we can equate to the Superhero costumes that would emphasize musculature which became more and more hyperbolic tot he point in the 80s artists were drawing hyper detailed muscular figures.
Nothing really works like that in real life, the closest we can even get today is still not as definitive as the fictional material.

That's the other thing!
I've seen spandex IRL, it does not conform to the body like that!

Either or artistic liberties to make things look cooler.
Bodies don't actually look like they do in comics, capes don't flow like they do in comics, most the shit wouldn't work. It's just trying to make for a cooler more dynamic look. Although you can hit diminishing returns.

>It's only the fashion accessories that make it look slutty.
Nah, it's the fact that they were drawing her in a thong. She totally looked like a stripper and not a superhero.
I don't object to this though. But I can see why it can be off-putting

Yeah Thong is the limit.
A little cheek peek might be fine but when it's straight up flossing the ass it's too much.
Unless you're Cammy of course.

This is good, except that it gives away his blindness (even more than the Netflix black suit). Needs eye holes or a visor to throw people off.

Could you even imagine the magnitude of the wedgie that would give you? Could imagine extracting it from your buttcheeks after a hard day's heroism?

>the public
Ah user, do you really think that the regressive left represents public opinion rather than just the ability to shout loudly?

These women must be protected from showing their bodies and wearing flattering clothing

It doesn't matter what politics they claim, when someone slut-shames it's an intimidation attack on all women.
There's plenty of people who don't know how to dress themselves, but claiming it's an indicator of someone's personal sex life is crossing a line.

Look at this girl.

This outfit is stupid as fuck.

Justify this Sup Forums.

I miss the era when people who jerked off to slutty costumes were socially ostracized and knew not to discuss it under any context ever.

Conversely, does public opinion ultinately matter to companies like Marvel, when they only listen to the vocal regressive left?

Companies, as a matter of sound business practice, do not go out of their way to provoke or alienate potential customers.
That there is currently a social movement in America to create some sort of half-assed race-war doesn't undo that sound business practice, and no amount of complaining about a lack of racism is going to change that.
Read the Bible, love your neighbor as they are, and repent for the hatred you've chosen to hold in your heart.
And while you're at it allow others to live in peace.

>tube dress
>but also straps
>and a choker
>and gloves up to the shoulders

This is retarded.

Leave Galacta alone!!!

How can you possibly justify juxtaposing the fucking Galactus hat next to the slutty purple dress

It's her version of pajamas; she dresses like a normal person does when she's out in public. When she's just chilling in her own pocket dimension or whatever she chooses to wear that. As a man who still wears a fireman's helmet and a Batman cape around the house when I'm alone (you dress for the job you want, not the job you have,) I can empathize.

>tfw Gali's human design doesn't subtly allude to her true form
>no winter toque with the dangling pompoms which would float upwards in the shape of the forked hat when using her powers

It's still fucking ridiculous by the way. That sort of character would have no need for sex appeal whatsoever, even for their own self esteem or comfort.

Have you even looked at Galactus ever? He's fucking jacked; a massive muscle man a million stories tall. Why wouldn't his species have sexual dimorphism?

Why would an entity that reproduces asexually be sexually dimorphic, let alone a sexual rather than asexual species at all.

How does an entity that reproduces asexually have a daughter?

I don't know, but that's what happened in the comic

Well, new canon clearly tosses out old canon, so obviously Galactus' species have males and females.

>implying little G was ever canon to begin with

>implying it wasn't

>thinking a one shot that was never mentioned again done in response to a popularity poll was canon
And if Mini Marvels had won the poll it would have been canon too you think, don't you?

As I was recently informed on Sup Forums, Galactus is a cosmic being who appears as whatever you expect him to look like.
And yet the guy wore a skirt.
He reproduced asexually by way of a separate "energy matrix" forming within his own apparently non-corporal energy form, that separate energy being eventually left Galactus's energy-body and turned into the form of Galacta.

And she can pull off wearing the skirt.

Yeah but none of that was canon.

Besides it's more a kilt.

Surely there's got to be a way around that?

Nope.

totally.

Huh. Yeah, okay.
Like, I can see how the first one is "sexy empowered female hero" and the second is "fetish fuel eye candy", just from the way they're presented. Weird.

It's funny

Carol became Ms marvel as part of marvel's move to create empowered feminist heroes in the early 1970s.

and if you ask why an empowered feminist superhero was given a leotard costume, keep in mind that when DC changed Wonder Woman from star-spangled swimsuit to a practical pants and shirt combo in the same period it was feminists and female critics who nagged at them until they changed it back. feminism has changed enormously since then

the real change happened in the 2000s when she was featured in Brian Reeds awful run and Bendis' awful Avengers, where she was always drawn in super slutty poses and her costume shrank so much she got a thong back

>Justify this Sup Forums.
Its cute.

Carol's black costume was relatively conservative by comparison really.
It's basically just a black one-piece bathing suit with gloves and boots, and not even a particularly daringly cut bathing suit either, not even a thong in the back or anything.

The panels focusing on how well-defined her ass is is largely an artistic choice; she wore that shit for over two decades and how much her ass showed up depended heavily on the artist.

Mike Deodato is kinda notable in comics for being one of those guys who drew 90's heroines of all kinds like that.
Google "Jade Warriors" to see what he did when he didn't have any editorial control; the key phrase is literally "Stripper Lesbian Thongninjas".

Go away Aquaman, nobody likes you.

>feminists wanted Diana to go back to dressing skimpy
I can't believe you. I just can't.

Sex positive feminists.

Being empowered meant being confident in your sexuality and proud of your body.

They must've been poisoned against women by the patriarchy.

if artists learned to show a little restraint then they would be able to draw sexy women and get away with it scott free

>skirt
>kilt

It looks like more of a tunic to me.

This picture is really interesting because it's almost exactly the same costume but the removal of a little bit of ass fabric as well as the overall presentation of the panel completely changes how it comes off.

>"Stripper Lesbian Thongninjas".
I'm laughing my ass off, it's so trashy.

When they choose this type of actress almost anorexic
they change the characters in comics

who suffer are our eyes

Because if actresses are any bigger than that they can't get work.