The Orville

>Guys sex change LMAO
First two episodes were great and and funny but they just couldn't keep Sup Forums out of the fucking show could they. Jesus fuck why is Hollywood influenced so much by the fucking politics.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

back to your containment board you go, and remember, you're not welcome anywhere else.

>Implying sexual dimorphism doesn't exist and a male wouldn't have reshaped that cube with less effort than Alara

Sup Forums is always right

Stop making this shit thread.

Except 99% of the time when they're wrong then move the goalposts to avoid admitting it

That was one of the points the prosecution made and the jury agreed.

Nope, you're just not that bright.

but it was AGAINST sex change for children

Yeah.

This.

Fuck nu/tv/ is retarded between this and muh shills

With eyebrows looks better.

we're given no information about that species in the show, what are you talking about?

people talking positively about a show written by and fucking starring seth mcfarlane screams shills. maybe you're just a brainlet but you look like a shill

Are her vagina muscles super strong?

It's nice to see a show that allows its character to be portrayed as wrong and that despite their feelings, the right order of things prevails.

It even brought up a number of fault arguments which could be used as a comparison to what people do today, and showed that they're just as faulty when applied to fantasy situations.

Other species could have stronger females you retard. The point is she could excel in many other areas.

Irony being its pretty obvious seth isnt being allowed to write much since all his (((input))) falls flat.

Hence why the show isnt fucking shit.

The first two episodes were pretty terrible, the third has been the only good one so far. The show is getting into it's stride as a Sci-fi.. They had to make the first two episodes "funny" because people wouldn't accept it as a serious show outright.

>unethical to change a child's natural sex to confirm the parent's worldviews

I don't think they really nailed the message they were hoping for. This will end up being part 1 of a whole series on space gender.

>Jesus fuck why is Hollywood influenced so much by the fucking politics.

You are a dumbass that missed the whole fucking point of the episode, it was against cuting the dicks of little children

OP, tell me about your genitals.

>first to episodes were great.
What was great about them?

>I don't think they really nailed the message they were hoping for.

They did, it's just that you just want them to be in favor of sex changes becuase that will confirm your bias. You need it to be pro degenerates so you can cry on the internet.

The biggest issue with the episode was that they were in favor of circumcision

>The biggest issue with the episode was that they were in favor of circumcision
No, they weren't. I thought bringing it up was to demonstrate the absurdity of it and to challenge people's beliefs.

the resulting message was that transitioning children is badd you dingus..

>The biggest issue with the episode was that they were in favor of circumcision

some things never change

That was the best episode so far though you retard.

>see, this woman of a species famous for being retardedly strong is stronger than your males, that means a woman will fit in your all male society!!

Dumbest argument i've heard ever.

It was good but Ep 2 allara in command storyline was better

notice it's barely a comedy anymore

>where were you when Seth Macfarlane unironically saved star trek

This is a great summary of Sup Forums to be honest.

Just as antifags reframe the narrative into something else and argue that instead

If they made the klingon's makeup just a little better she'd be considered kino fapbait and the show would survive. As it is Orville is ded.

libtards move the goalposts, we just put the back

Sup Forums is always right about everything except for the incidence and severity of happenings.

I kinda have to wonder if it was intentionally dumb to prove that pointing to single instances is a dumb argument in general?

Fuck you asshole. No one made you overlord.

That's not true at all. One character argued that because a doctor can perform a circumcision for "cultural reasons" then they can also perform a complete sex-change operation on a baby as well. The doctor rightfully pointed out that this is a false equivalency because a circumcision is not completely life-altering in the way a sex change would be.

They fixed the eyebrows, she's fapable as fuck now.

The show's point was that children shouldn't be allowed to be transgender even if their parents want them to be, which is a conservative position, but Sup Forumsshits are too fucking stupid to understand what they're saying so they're triggered anyway.

> dobson aliens

Cant unsee

You are a moron. Any change to a person's body can by life-altering. Read some books and go outdoors, asshole.

too bad it seems like they're reducing the nose ridge intensity though

I think the whole point of the courtroom scenes was to basically say that both sides of the argument were able to make some very strong as well as some very weak arguments for their side of the case.

The Orville crew makes some hollow arguments about strength and intelligence that are ultimately mocked for the cherry-picking that they are, but they're also able to present a well-adjusted female Moclan who is happy with her life and has contributed to society in spite of her 'disability'.

The Moclan representative makes some bullshit arguments about but also points out the moral and ethical hypocrisy in a Union government that prohibits sexual reassignment for cultural reasons, yet reluctantly accepts human or alien cultures that practice male and/or female circumcision.

In the end - in spite of the Orville crew lucking out and pulling a Hail Mary with the writer - a single contrary example, no matter how exceptional, is enough to win over thousands of years of cultural and social norms. A society does not change its fundamental values overnight.

>a circumcision is not completely life-altering in the way a sex change would be.
>implying complete surgical removal of the foreskin or clitoris is not life-altering

If you have to ask why, you don't deserve to know.

>the only female moclan alive
>one of their greatest poets and philosophers
>nobody has actually met her

Really turns my thinker..

Was I the only one that didn't expect they'd actually go through with the sexchange?

reminder en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

You are the only one on this thread with a brain. Another example: Aliens are opposed to human's eating cows. Court is held and in a matter of hours, humans somehow become vegetarians. Stupid.

the poet guy is dead and she's faking

t. brainlet

You could see it coming a mile away since they'd already attempted that argument earlier with the boxing fight.

What is up with the fags in here that think they are tastemakers when they are really just masturbarting pedo retards? looking at you op.

Was I the only one expecting there to be a conspiracy that females are born normally but are just forced to have a sex change?

Good job proving anons point

Which is why it didn't work and they called out why it didn't make sense right after? I swear you faggots have selective hearing just so you have something to whine about

I felt like this was the best episode so far. It could have easily been a TNG episode. The writing wasn't at the same level and it wasn't as dramatic but still.

>circumcision
>not life-altering
Circumcised men are literally, quite LITERALLY, sub-human.

My main issue with this storyline was that at no point was it explained exactly what males and females are within this species.

The first episode goes out of it's way to present Moclans as "Male only", which is fine, if that's how they view themselves.

Episode two has a Moclan laying an egg. We can assume at this point that either Moclans are actually asexual or simply require a mate to fertalise an egg.

The third episode changes things. We're now told that there are females, but they're changed at birth to become males. What does that mean? What is the purpose of females within this species if they aren't required for reproduction or the continuation of the species at all?

Look, I know I'm reading into this all too much, but this episode tried to present us with a real moral dilemma and didn't go out of it's way to explain the rules upon which the dilemma was based.

Based on what we know, there's no reason to assign the terms male and female to this species and therefore we can assume that actually the "females" are a genetic defect and do indeed end up having a worse life.

That's what I thought too. I assumed the scan would reveal that half the population were originally female.

I know right or the place they went to was a secret female underground city or something. I mean the hint was the husband of whatshisface was born female and then a "first" female baby was born, everything was so highly suspicious.

Where were you when you realized The Orville was the best thi nh to happen to Trek since TNG?

They kind of hint at that being the case with Klyden (Bortus' mate) revealing he was born female too.

Which suggests it's actually much more common than people realise.

Hey there buddy, calm down.

Look I'm enjoying it too but let's not crazy.

Eh, I kinda like the Orville too but it's mad boring when it's Seth and Palicki on screen, they have no on screen chemistry or anything.

I think they did well avoiding too much of an asspull ending. The resolution was working towards 'make up your own mind' and the big reveal reinforced that without contradicting it.

It was against sex change without consent (or even possibility of consent) of the patient. If Bortus' child were old enough to express an opinion it would be a different story.

>the banana exchange
Of course people who joke together are completely dead in the eyes with no hint of enjoyment, that's how it works right?

>defending pre-adult circumcision

The foreskin is not the analogous structure to the clitoris. The clit is more like the entire glans of the penis

>equating cutting off your genitals and gouging a hole into your groin with cutting off your foreskin

>First episode is solved by Arbor Day
>Second episode is solved by Keeping up with Kardashians
>Third episode is solved by Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Boy I am sure glad that this sci-fi show used real sci-fi scenarios in how it approaches complex problems instead of just making out of place 20th century pop references that would make no sense and are just there to pander to the Family Guy crowd.

anti-male circumcision people are some of the most rabid and fanatic people in the world. most of them have a weird complex about it because they themselves are circumcised, and they hate their parents because of it. they believe the debunked myth that it reduces sexual pleasure

>First episode is solved by Arbor Day

Can anyone be a better character than Alara?

She's a character?

>the only female moclan alive
Clearly not the only one. Even if the odds are only one in a million, with a population in the tens of billions there are bound to be thousands of Moclans who are born female. Most, like Klyden, probably undergo the conversion when they're born, but a few like the writer lady live in seclusion or as outcasts.

Mercer had Isaac scan the planet for any Moclan females, they found one nearby, and they got fucking lucky that she wasn't a bitch hermit or a crazy person. I agree that making her a super influential writer was a bit much, it would have made more sense if she was living a simple, but fulfilling life as like the doctor in a small village or something like that... but on the other hand I like that they set the reveal up early on with the whole Moclan tradition of exchanging literary passages from one's culture when departing a ship.

the treatment of the subject was as not-bad as it could possibly be in the current pozzed environment, but they should have avoided it entirelty

Nope, really pulled the rug out from under me on that one. Really took some balls to do that.

I just put that down to those born female having a significantly higher chance of having their children be born female.

I though the scan would reveal a hidden society of a few hundred or thousand in a remote area that was either just women or mixed.

I don't get it

Yep, I was thinking "Oh of course female Moclan is their Gandhi what a convenient mcguffin" but then they still pushed through with the sex change. Episodes aren't that predictable, I mean in episode 2 I thought Alanna's plan was to give Kermit and pretend it's a super rare species also kinda fucked up that everyone but Seth, Palicki and the kid got out of space zoo.

Dr Finn is really growing on me. I didn't expect anything great from the character given how she was basically shoved off to the side for the entire pilot, but her talks with Alara about the hard choices you have to face in a command situation in the second episode felt really earnest and sincere and her ethical discussions in this last episode were really good too.

Doctors in sci-fi series are always pretty hit or miss. For every Bones or The Doctor you've got a Crusher or a Bashir. Obviously I don't think Finn will ever hold a candle to a character like McCoy or the Voyager EMH, but if she ends up being Phlox tier she'll be a super comfy, well-rounded character.

They only found one on the whole planet, if i'm not mistaken. Will check again when im at my computer.

>they believe the debunked myth that it reduces sexual pleasure

It was debunked? That's news to me. Though given the definitive proof of permanent psychological damage there's really no way to justify it without taking the stance that child abuse for a stupid religious ceremony is acceptable.

It was debunked by (((them))) because they want to keep doing it.

Nope, but is right, if they did go ahead with the sex change it would have been unrealistic and too rose-tinted.

I think The Orville is actually turning out to be a pretty good show. It's best when it's in light drama territory instead of a comedy drama. I don't even mind Seth and the redhead that much, I just really wish he would let go the dead horse ex-wife "joke".

I love how they reference genders when there species asexual

>also kinda fucked up that everyone but Seth, Palicki and the kid got out of space zoo

Well what can they do? They're too far behind to save them all.

>Sup Forums us pretending to like a show starring a LITERAL cuck
What the fuck happened?

Why would (((they))) want to deny their children sexual pleasure?

Yeah, I was just expecting it the show to have a "good ending" since it's seems lighthearted

Dude Dora the Explorer LMAO

>What the fuck happened?
Cuck or no cuck he makes good work when he cares about what he's doing

>they believe the debunked myth that it reduces sexual pleasure
>removing a layer of tissue with the second highest nerve density of any part of the penis after the glans doesn't reduce sexual pleasure

Maybe they are left that premise for a future episode. Or a 2 episode with a conspiracy theorist of that planet

>if they did go ahead
>is enough to win over
>everyone but
Cut it out you moron

>Sup Forums us pretending to like a show
What do you even call this? Narcissism? Autism? Being so deluded that you think people are literally pretending to watch a show you don't like? Hahahahahahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Go Outside Haha

which one?