HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

IT'S JUST A FUCKING CARVED APPLE

OH MY GOD THEY DIDN'T MAKE -REAL- ALIEN FOOD?????

do you have a Rey dutchwife too?

*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
*runs out of air and dies*

Why didn't they grow actual alien fruit. I mean geez right.

what is her face trying to portray right here

Diarrhea

actually not hard these days with 3D printers to make something edible that looks entirely alien

I seriously thought it was a taco when I saw this in the theatre

>humans eating apples
wow really

Didn't Anakin and padme eat cgi pears in aotc? That seems a little more ridiculous than this

It's actually an apple with a piece of Romanesco broccoli on top of it.

well that was because anakin did jedi stuff to it to get padme wet.

Have you ever seen a taco before?

>movie using props
lmaaaoooo fucking amateurs

Doesn't it bother you that the characters are literally humans and most aliens are just humanoids with different faces?

I've never seen one in real life. But I mean come on, it does look like one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

THEY RETCONNED IT

She looks like jacob sartorius lmfao

If you'd seen one in real life you wouldn't think that.

Also for some reason the fact that you've never seen a taco in real life is really amusing to me

Idk if tacos are really popular outside the US

>people actually defend this
*inhales*

this made me think... people are always talking about cast diversity, but havent you noticed that in every show ever the only thing people eat is white food?

>white food
stopped reading right there

yeah I figure they aren't, it just made me laugh because I eat them like once a week and there are taco places all over the place here so the idea of someone never having even seen one is pretty amusing to me, even if it's reasonable that they haven't.

>watching star wars
>movie about aliens far away
>everyone speaks english
fucking reallyl..,.???!?1+?!???!?

>stopped reading right there
>at the end of the sentence
good boy!

i thought it was bread baked in a pan

DUDE

BLUE MILK IS A STAPLE OF THE ENTIRE GALAXY LMAO

So fruit triggers you, but humans speaking English in an alien galaxy does not.

That harks back to the original trilogy where the prop department actually made droids and other props from household items.

Also all the rifles and handguns in the movies were just repurposed WWII era weapons.

>Idk if tacos are really popular outside the US
They're not. I lived overseas for years and one of the first things I would do whenever I came back to the states was go and get some taco bell, then have painful diarrhea immediately after and try to remember why I had missed this gastrointestinal holocaust at all.
But it's why in the international release of demolition man has pizza hutt replace taco bell in that scene.

i don't understand why scifi has to make everything different. I mean chemical evolution is constant throughout the universe, but no we have to have rainbow colored apples and blue milk. Aliens with 5 antennas for no reason.

Star Wars is fantasy, not Sci-Fi.

i guess. yeah i guess they can do whatever they want then.

Seems to me that anything white can be colorful, you'd just need alien mammals with weird milk proteins

what would make it blue?

George Lucas dug the grave and Kathleen Kennedy paid Abrams to bury the Wars.

smurfs

Quim Gon Trim

science fucking fiction right there

Midichlorians

Well in movies doing something like making the milk blue, or apples polka-dot is a really simple visual cue to establish that this is an alien setting.
But really, milk being a slightly different color isn't that weird. Raw milk straight from a cow doesn't look like the same stuff you buy in the grocery store. Maybe they have a preservative that they add that keeps the milk from spoiling.
And we have fruit of just about every fucking color size and shape here on earth.
The green color of plants is because they use chlorophyll that uses all visible light except green, but there are other pigments that can carry out photosynthesis or analogous chemical processes.
Some fungi use melanin to convert light to energy

There's nothing wrong with do that, but at least put more effort into it like and try not to make it too obvious otherwise it breaks the illusion.

infertility

But the microphone robot was in a band

>Some fungi use melanin to convert light to energy
So you sayin we wuz mushroomz n sheeit?

>Aliens with 5 antennas for no reason.
Crustaceans have four, and mammals have multiple whiskers or Eimer organs (in the case of moles) that perform similar functions

And who's to say blue milk even comes from an animal?

Blue milk comes out of blue plants!

it's space semen

maybe it comes from those sexy blue bitches

There's a literal trash can with legs in RotJ. Fuck off with your irrational hatred for TFA, it makes you look like a teenager coughing on a cigarette to impress everyone.

We are racist. so we don't mind

The Fungi Kingdom is pretty cool and mostly ignored branch of the tree of life.
Not quite plants, not quite animals, just fucking weird inbetween-but-neither.
Always wanted to see a really gross alien race that comes from a planet where higher life was fungi based instead of animal.

Whats the name of that boy again?

>chemical evolution is constant throughout the universe
How the fuck do you know this? The only life we know of is on Earth.

Not that user but I think he means that you can expect chemistry to be a universal constant based on physical laws.
Organic chemistry's versatility is a pretty strong argument for life being carbon based, which means they're probably going to exist in environmental ranges similar to us.
You can still expect a lot of variety and diversity, but you would also expect to see convergent evolution at work too.
There are other options that could theoretically create life too, silicon is always mentioned because of where it sits on the periodic table, it has a lot of the same properties as carbon, but not quite as chemically versatile.
I've also read about amonia based life, you can make all kinds of useful chemistry based around that, but they're not nearly as stable as carbon. But you could have some kind of life that lives on chlorine planets.

How much is Disney paying you, I'll pay double!

>lol its shit on purpose because nostalgia

Fuck off dude. You know why TFA has nothing memorable? Because they try too hard to keep the spirit of the OT. You think lucas wouldve made the OT the way it was if he had a better budget? FUck no.

Thats also why despite the prequels being an awful CGI fest, they were filled with iconic and memorable things like battle droids, podracers, and clone gunships.

>double
>double 2 dubs

George didn't have $200 millions budget when he made ANH but he had creativity which Disney lacks completely. KK isn't looking for creatives she's looking for pets.

I appreciate the effort you put into this.

Holy shit man

It's pretty hard to make alien looking food as there's every chance most of it would evolve the same way as the stuff on Earth, maybe a only different color.

100% taco confirmed
/thread

You're right, it would be way cooler if we just made every creature CGI!

LOL WHAT UP WITH THAT HAIR

You're not wrong.

>double
>quads

And what's wrong with that?

hmmmm??

or else any alien species of anything would be more different from anything on earth than the two least similar earth organisms.

alien means alien

BIG

Wow, felt a bit of tension there

a special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing

I really don't understand the "Taco Bell gives you the shits" meme. It has never happened to me once.

Nostalgia is what ruined the new trilogy nostalgiafags need to neck themselves

That's the history of contemporary movies and effects. Back then you were limited with what you could do, so you had to be more creative with what little you had, and it was all carried or in service to the story.
Now with CGI and budgets that are bigger than the GDP of small countries you can just wave your dick around and there are no limitations. Instead of lifting the lid on the creativity it just lets everything devolve into a 6 year old mashing action figures together in the back yard.

JJ Abrams is a fucking hack

a cute tho

How autistic do you have to be to even care about something like this

After eating asian street food for 6 months without a problem a gordita combo with fire sauce made my guts go into full purge mode. Cheap shitty beef flavored soy chunks, cardboard tortillas, and sour cream just dissolves into a toxic fluid your body doesn't want.

DEEP LORE

What about actual tacos like Mexican tacos? Do Mexicans even exist outside of North America?

This was a terrible movie. I watched it last night and not only was it overall uninteresting to watch, the dialogue was amazingly even WORSE than lucas's.

Lucas had a kind of cadence he wanted out of his actors that made it feel like star wars, not sure why that is, han/leia still do it just fine but some of the actors finn/poe/rey are just talking rather than acting.

It makes the whole thing feel off and it bothers me.

I highly doubt that JJ Abrams checked out every aspect of set design in the movie.
That being said, yes JJ's a hack

You went to a lot of trouble to prove you're awfully blind

still makes you wonder, with their budget they can't manufacture their own joystick?

Most "mexican food" is really tex-mex.
But yeah, there was one expat that opened up like a mexican themes restaurant but it didn't last long.

>I highly doubt that JJ Abrams checked out every aspect of set design in the movie.
That's literally his job as a director.

is that why mexicans get fat as fuck especially their women

>is that why mexicans get fat as fuck
Its almost like frying everything in lard isn't the best idea ever.
It's fucking delicious though.

They're just pussies. Back when I was a fat fuck I used to order like $15 worth of Taco Bell regularly and never had any intestinal distress.

I am ok with this

>americans

>It's science fiction so plotholes and random lazy mistakes are ok
no, that's not how it work

It's called Galactic Basic you fucking shit eating faggot. And it isn't too much to ask to have some fucking consistency and logic in the cinematic universe.

epic meme muhammad. does it make your dick hard when an american replies to you on the internet?

>amerimads