What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nothing

Pure kino

What the fuck do you think

Is there a really a cartoon show or is it just fan art?

It came out 150 years too late.

Didn't this come out like 10 years after the movie?

It was about 10 years too late. Any sort of continuation had to happen within a year or two of the original film. It's sad because the animated series was fine, it was just way too late.

The movie was funny because it had actual actors

This.
I really enjoyed this show.

a real cartoon show

napoleon dynamite was belated 90's kino

Pretty much it. That type of humor works better / is more absurd with actual people.

preach it

People actually thought the original movie was funny

Is that for real? That's too bad.

I consider the movie itself on par with Kung Pow, Airplane, UHF, Holy Grail, etc.

I actually really enjoyed it and thought it was very funny. Everyone loved the movie so why didn't this get any love? It's very well written, shows you more of that "universe" and it all works and doesn't seem out of place and it has the original cast and no annoying art style. I just don't get why this failed. Just like Stroker and Hoop which I also like a lot.

>southern idaho is now a "universe"

Well fuck you Burgerman. You know the setting and theme the show established. The cartoon doesn't feel out of place and your weird country is something like a weird universe to me. Go and buy some guns and shoot people and eat burgers.

Wow, I bet you like Ready Player One you meme-shitting faggot

>hey look we made some money
>now commence toy line, clothes, phone cases, ring tones, straight to dvd sequels and tv mini series

This is what happens when jews are in charge

Not at all. As you've already demonstrated, people tend to dislike Napoleon due to it's fanbase.

It was a hilarious and extremely original comedy that had a high concentration of good jokes. That's why I think it holds up to the other films I mentioned. RPO lacks originality and quality humor.

Jon Heder was originally paid 1000$ for starring in the movie as Napoleon.

>Mike Scully

Too zany and weird with basically sci-fi storylines.

The problem with it is that although the movie was very realist to the point of almost nothing happening AT ALL, the show had some neo-simpsons/family guyish absurdity things in it including aliens and ghosts and thats not what napoleon dynamite is all about.

The show should be something closer to King of the Hill but they thought it was too boring i guess... its a shame.

Oh, I like those movies too, but the way you clumped them together is classic "babby's first comedy" and the kind of shit Clinefags would brag about.

Such a good show.
If you haven't seen it Sup Forums give it a watch. It's only 6 episodes, barely 2 hours of content.
There are some genuinely funny moments.

It felt too much like a cartoon. Kinda felt like what teen titans go did to teen titans.

Can someone redpill me on Napoleon Dynamite? I've seen the film but thought it was dreadful, nothing really happened and what I think were jokes were just people being awkward and then jumping to the next scene.

Not meming either.

This, tbqh.

I still kinda liked it on account that they actually got the cast to voice their charactors

There wasn't really anything like it before it came out. If you don't find the character personalities engaging it'll definitely fall flat, but it got as popular as it did because of it's originality and humor that people could relate to.

Interesting. I've only seen it once, when it came out. Still didn't grab me. All I remember was a town in the middle of nowhere, Napoleon has a spic friend and theres a girl and all three are awkward. Napoleon spends the film practicing for a talent show which he does at the end.

Might have to give it another watch.

Its like they took all 90s teen movie cliches and did the opposite out of spite.

So instead of good looking main character you have an ugly mouth breather, instead of a party filled teenager slut gallore town you have a desert small town with 3 good looking women and a bunch of fat trailer park girls and theres something off about everyone but not in a comical in your face way most of the time is just there and if you don't notice fuck you, instead of big events regarding popularity contests and football crap napoleon dynamite story is about finding friends while mundane things happen, every actor did a superb job at making characters believeable and the soundtrack is a nightmarish persistent elevator music out of spite for teen movies trendy crap.

The movie is an absolute bliss.

it's comfykino

Not really. I see it as a definer of early 2000s culture. People were happier in the 90s. After 9/11, you saw small towns like that become full of boring, drab people who had no hope of anything.

forreal?? Waz pple moar happier n trurstng in da n9nes?=

Marginally so. The downfall in public consciousness and rise of degeneracy reached the point of no return in the 1960's but had been slowly snowballing from the turn of the century to the 1920's. And even before that the industrial revolution had taken its toll on entire generation at that point. And even before that our country was torn apart by war. 9/11 was just another nail in the coffin. It's been a slow descent into darkness and destruction, mistrust and discord, confusion and misinformation.

when kip threw a piece of fried chicken skin at napoleon and then napoleon got acne on his forehead from it. that went wrong.

Timing. It came out when too much other stuff was taking up people's attention.

Damn, that makes me sad. I've grown up in this so I thought people were just naturally aggressive, distrusting, and unharmonious. It sucks growing up around such soulless boring people, but what you made me realize is they lack hope. No point in doing anything if you have no hope; there's no push