His smile

>his smile
>his optimism
>gone
>"we're gonna do such great things toget-"
>"SHUT UP"
Why they gotta bully the symbiote ;.;

I was going to come into this thread to talk about how much this comic sucked

But you know what...literally in between the few seconds I clicked the thread and it opened up I realized something, maybe it deserves it

That's right....maybe the symbiote deserves this, because it's become fuckin' gay ever since it started talking all the time, it was so much better when it was portrayed as a mute alien that wasn't fully understood, everything done to the symbiote in the more recent eras has just ruined it and destroyed any hint of coolness, creepiness, or mystique about it that it originally had

Random symbiote image

So is Bendis primarily to blame for the pussification of the symbiot due to the whole reveal that they where benevolent race and the one on earth was just crazy or are there more people to blame?

>is bendis primarily to blame
>for anything

What do you think

At least carnage is still cool

I think you're onto something

The symbiote has been a fucking asshole for a long time.
A needy, violent, vengeful asshole for a long time.

The whole Bendis "Klyntar" bullshit made it more of a full character, which like you said, kinda fucked it up

But so long as Marvel doesn't actually think it's being cool with Edgey McColumbine as the host, it can reverse the dynamic on the symbiote
Maybe it'll grow as a character after it has a taste of its own medicine

Maybe appreciate Flash more. Or try to make amends with Peter

I don't think you got my point at all. Making the symbiote more of a "character" was a mistake, making it anything more than morally ambiguous was a mistake. The symbiote doesn't need to appreciate or make amends with anybody or anything, it was cool because it was an alien, not a person.

No, I get your point

But this could also be fun storytelling
At least for a little while

What happened to Venom now? What happened to Flash and Mania?

>What happened to Flash and Mania?
Who knows?
It's ALL NEW and ALL DIFFERENT

The symbiote is on Earth, all alone, until he gets picked out by an edgelord who pounds his boipucci into submission and uses him as a weapon

I'd rather just my old symbiote dynamic and old Venom back, but it isn't going to happen

How long til Marvel ruins Punisher and Moon Knight in some way and then I will have absolutely no characters to like anymore

How long before Spider-man rips the symbiote off him and It clings to him like a child seeking mother?

Hey, Moon Knight has literally only gotten better with time. I've read every single issue of MK, Marc Spector: MK included, and it has been nothing but an upward trajectory to the current run.

Marvel will find a way to ruin all things

The symbiote is a monster, not a character.

>The whole Bendis "Klyntar" bullshit

Honestly I think the Klyntar concept could be done well. But not with Bendis writing. Having a group of Symbiotes that want to form a strong bond to a single host and do good in the universe. That's a nice concept. You just need someone that gives more of a shit about the history than they do about the check they get every time someone uses a character they made.

Having it turn out that they're the original symbiotes, every symbiote we've seen so far have just been corrupted, symbiotes in their true form are more or less Green Lantern Rings, and having everyone in space fellate them. That was some dumb shit.

>Let's get viewership by making people angry!

No wonder this fucking company had to be bought out, christ.

Boy, it's a good thing I'm writing my own fan comic I don't ever intend to release. I can pretend Edge McShootsFaces doesn't exist.

This is true, but all evidence suggests that MK is the exception, I mean, Ellis was the last major run, and that was undeniably amazing, the fact that the current run is even *as good* as that was is a fucking miracle in today's world. Moon Knight gives me faith in the entire comic medium.

You know, thinking about the symbiote....people can hate on old Venom comics all they want, that's the popular opinion to have after all..."Venom sucks, he was just edgy 90s blah blah blah" but you know what, it takes a hell of a lot more talent to give a personality to a pretty much mute and seemingly animalistic/almost child like creature than it does to just make it...whatever generic crap they have turned a once pretty unique concept into.

I still haven't read the most recent MK stuff, but I don't doubt it's good...I have enjoyed pretty much all MK stuff to some extent, but just wait....Marvel will find a way to ruin him as soon as he ever gets the slightest hint of a mainstream following, especially in these MCU days particularly no character is safe under the Marvel brand, they're such shitlords

Punisher?

Bendis already tried ruining Moon Knight by essentially turning him into a "I'm so crazy and funny" joke character. Fortunately, Ellis undid that.

>I still haven't read the most recent MK stuff

You should, it's some of the best stuff to come out of the big two it years.

Give me these comics for free

God, Lee is a boring character.

I mean, I pirated them, so can you.

I had a brain cramp and meant to say Lee.

Flash had to work hard to suppress the symbiote, how the fuck is this guy subjugating it in the space of a day?

So you lack generosity, darling. Very uncouth.

This thread again?

kys

Apparently something's wrong with it that makes it weak for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised if they later say it's actually the Mania Symbiote and it's just weak like that because of it's cloned nature.

Oh come now, must you use such rude language? Nononono this simply won't do, dear. Surely one must have SOME tact when "anonymous" posting, hmm?

You wouldn't be surprised or you hope?

I mean, I could, if you merited even the bare minimum response. But you don't, so I'll reiterate: kys.

Sup Forums, explain to me how the symbiote could be trapped to a host like this when they only just met. When was this ever the case in Venom's 30 some year history? Why doesn’t the symbiote simply fuck off while Edgy McColdsteel is sleeping?

why don't you read the comic, or at the very least read the thread

>I wouldn't be surprised if they later say it's actually the Mania Symbiote and it's just weak like that because of it's cloned nature.

If that was the case, then it shouldn't have the memories of Flash serving as a Guardian of the Galaxy, as that occurred after it separated from the Venom Symbiote. Also I would be disappointed if what you are predicting turns out to be the case, as I am hoping for Mania to appear in the series (would love to see a Mania vs Venom fight).

Because I stopped reading Marvel comics years ago and so should you.

Did you stop reading threads?

When did the symbiote start speaking anyway? Was it during mark Millar's run?

We were shown its thoughts in things like Separation Anxiety, but it didn't start physically speaking on its own until the Byrne/Mackie era.

Are you going to buy Eddie'a statue?

I hope Flash walking into the light isn't literal.

Wait what? I haven't read this, but I remember Bendis writing a symbiote bomb in New Avengers that affected NYC and made everyone fight each other. How does that work if they aren't evil?

lol i dunno it just werks xd

>anti venom will never EVER come back
Fuck YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Could the symbiote move and talk in the form it does in pic related before Space Knight? People tell me it could and it being written as a new ability in Space Knight is a continuity error.

You could look at it from this perspective; the symbiote has been jumping from human to human for years now, and every time it did it learned from their body and their mind, and once it separates from its host it retains that information. So maybe it´s developing a character because the longer it stays with humans the more human it becomes.

post yfw the only reason the Symbiote is obssessed with bonding with Spider-Man is because it desperately wants to be a good guy and Spider-Man was the most noble person it's found so far

>post yfw the only reason the Symbiote is obssessed with bonding with Spider-Man is because it desperately wants to be a good guy and Spider-Man was the most noble person it's found so far
I'd buy it.
Spider-Man is pure.

Not that same guy, but I've read both and it still sounds kind of stupid.

Bullying? No, this is straight up rape

>then it shouldn't have the memories of Flash serving as a Guardian of the Galaxy, as that occurred after it separated from the Venom Symbiote

Easy, it got those memories from floating in that glass tube with the Venom symbiote. Not that Marvel would remember that happening.

I want to fuck that symbiote.

I don't think it was able to sustain a solid, humanoid form up until Space Knight. Prior to that it was just a slinking blob with a head and maybe arms.

>Le Scorpion sucks maymay

That will always be fucking retarded. Dude was a heavy hitter and would frequently win or almost win until the early 90s, where Marvel just decided he sucked for no good reason.

>tfw you'll never marry your symbiote

Whoever wrote this comic has shit for brains. I won't read anything involving Venom until after Flash has the symbiote again.

That's Angelo Fortunato, not Mac Gargan.

No it isn't

always

Um, yes it is.

It's Gargan.

Unless I forgot the part of his story where Angelo was a "a B-List punk" and "a lackey of the Goblin" who during his fight with Spidey started "spitting out what Norman's doing".

It's Gargan. I've gotten into this argument over the exact same pic, and I was wrong before, despite being very sure. Dodson draws Gargan similar to Angelo's design though.

nue

>people can hate on old Venom comics all they want
I have yet to see anyone shit on them except maybe the most rabid flash fans, what are you talking about?

what did he mean by this?

Toxin is gone, Hybrid is gone and they removed Anti-Venom. Fuck this planet.

Naw,new Venom will beat up puny Parker without breaking a sweat.

>Sup Forums, explain to me how the symbiote could be trapped to a host like this when they only just met.

Shit writing. That's how.

Mike Costa is a pathetic casual who is too lazy to do even the most minimal amount of research. Fuck, he gets things wrong in the summary on page 1.

>Could the symbiote move and talk in the form it does in pic related before Space Knight?
Yes. It literally has always been able to do that.

>That's Angelo Fortunato
No, its Gargan. The pic posted is from after Angelo's time with the symbiote.

Read Miller's MK run.

>I never read the comic in question, but I'll certainly act like I did.

You're fooling no one, casual.

What would happen if a symbiote encountered the thing?