What do you think of these little shits Sup Forums?

What do you think of these little shits Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-022872&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=korra$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're the 2010's beanie babies. They're cheaply and poorly made yet because idiots put such a demand on them they're more expensive than they should be.

I think they're ugly and they seem to have dominated the whole space for little pop culture knick-knacks.

who the fuck would buy that many?

>beanie babies

This. I'm not going to lie, I've got a couple for some shit I enjoy, but people are waaaaay too obsessed with these shits. I was at my FLCS the other day and a guy came in and started chatting up the cashier about how he was on a cross country road trip seeing family and was stopping at every comic book store along the way to look for Pops.

The dude said he had something like easily over 300 of them. What possible reason could you need all these fuckers for? Does this guy even like the source material for half of them? Shit some of these aren't even characters it's just like "Klingon Soldier" and shit

I get why people hate them. I'm not a huge fan myself, but some of them have appeal (the style works with characters like Baymax, and the Marvel and DC ones are okay.), but you literally can't go fucking anywhere without seeing them now, and some of them don't look good at all (the Steven Universe ones,
mainly- Pearl's mouth is fucking atrocious.).

They've definitely normalized vinyl figures, but I don't think it's in a good way, since people either collect every damn one or want to kill themselves at the mere mention of one.

Honestly wish there was a better style of vinyl that became this popular, but I can understand why this one did, being easy to design and mass produce.

While they're pretty ugly there are a few I would not mind having of characters I like. But fuck, because of people like that where I live they're getting close to $50 a pop. What the fuck?

I'd rather buy Nendoroids.

Generic background characters are cool subject matter for collectables, I think.
Every fucking figure having the exact same bland features is something else. I'd rather waste money on a bunch of vinyl figures that don't scream I'M A CASUAL PLEB!

Post the real picture? There's no way that's not rendered.

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-022872&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=korra$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
>*Photos are of a prototype and the actual product may differ.
But yeah that's the real thing.

A guy I know has literally walls and walls of these things, still in the packaging, similar to pic. Apparently it's his "retirement plan" because in 40 years they're going to be worth a ton.

Actually come to think of it, I've never seen anyone take these things out of the packaging.

If you avoid the basic humanoids and go for unique sculpts, they're much more appealing.

kek

>tfw you always run into these fucking things when looking up figures for older or more obscure characters

So annoying. Personally I prefer stuff like pic related where they actually bother to sculpt very stylized versions of the characters instead of forcing them into the same mold every time even if it doesn't work for the character.

just about everything funko makes is garbage

To be fair, in some places you could get 4 Funkos for as much as one Nendoroid.

So how /toy/ are you, Sup Forums?

Of course, Funkos are much cheaper, no argument. But I'm not a high-volume Nendo-buyer anyway.

>mfw there will never be a Star Butterfly Nendo that I can purchase hungrily and then hide away from the world as my deepest shame

I open them because theyre cheap, shit and so mass produced and easily available theyll never be worth anything.
Everyone keeping them boxed thinking they're collectors items worth saving basically garuntees they'll never end up being thrown away and lost and rare enough to be worth anything.

Old toys and whatnot are only expensive items now because nearly everyone threw them away when they grew up so they were like golddust.
Now everyone buys things as collectibles to keep forever they're never gonna get rare in the first place.

>Apparently it's his "retirement plan" because in 40 years they're going to be worth a ton.

Regardless of what the collectible in question is. I have never seen anyone saying this have that kind of plan work out for them.

I've seen people say this with baseball cards, MTG cards, comics, hell I remember one guy back in the 90s that said it about Laser Discs. All of them are broke as fuck now or damn close to it.

I think some of them are really cute, but there no way I'd spend upwards of 10 dollars on something simple like this. If these things dropped down to like 3 bucks, i might have a problem if I'm being honest.

I meant to add: cheaper, and lower-quality products.

>tfw this thread is tempting you to get back into marvel legends collecting

The doormammu they put out recently is so fucking good, man

Wrong pic

I want the wrong pic more.

Who would be impressed by that?

This, I see some of them with very obvious flash and seam lines. It surprises me how little people care about the quality of the products they collect.

I own one and it's Doomguy. I'll but two more, Winston and D.va if they ever make one for her, and that's it. I think I see Dr Manhattan in there, so maybe I'll pick the Watchmen ones up eventually. And maybe the trinity, too, and maybe the Flash and Blue Beetle and fuck I understand it now.

>Nendoroids at half the price but 1/1000th the quality

They're like pogs or fucking pet rocks: cultural detritus that we'll be forgetting in about two years but then it'll pop up again in about five...in animated films where the main character is looking through a random chest of junk in the attic.

I opened mine to look at it for a bit, and then I stuck it back in the box for display purposes.

I got one two years ago and it felt like a solid lump of plastic, maybe a good two pounds.

I've gotten a couple in the last year though and they feel like they're made of air.

Also the ones I do have I take out of the box and throw the box away. I got them because I wanted them and harbor no delusions that they'll ever be worth anything to anyone else.

Fuck, I change my mind, holy shit.

Oh no, of course, I meant low quality as well.

Honestly the heads aren't the problem for me, I just really hate the bodies.
Which sucks since every body is posed and shaped the same.

I really like buying this kind of shit, but once I have it i really don't know what to do with it. You don't assemble it or paint it or anything. Posters you can put up on the wall and they don't get in the way, but this is a pointless space eater to me. I usually just end up donating it to goodwill or giving it to kids I know.

i have a shit ton. i like them. really want a pinhead one for the WTF factor

Yes, they're quite generic.

Why wouldn't you just buy the ones of characters or shows that you like? Buying all of them just to have all of them is retarded.

Buying ones that have alternative, better merch is dumb. The only real benefit of Funko is that they have almost every fucking license in the universe so some shit only three people care about that would never get merch otherwise has these figures that are cheap and kinda crappy but better than nothing.