TONIGHT! Star Trek BOLDLY GOES where it has already gone before, AGAIN!

TONIGHT! Star Trek BOLDLY GOES where it has already gone before, AGAIN!

Are you ready to go where we've already gone before with a new cast, a generic Star Wars look, and battle more aliens because exploration, and science if for pussies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZcTvrxwP6Is
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Orville > official Trek.

How fucking sad is that? Cuck MacFarlane is doing a better job with Star Trek than the actual franchise.

This hasn't been released online yet?

When will it be released? 8pm eastern?

So how likely are we to see a hijab wearing muslim bridge officer by the end of the first season?
LIKE THEY DID WITH CHEKOV?

Yes. Right after the CBS airing.

It is actually a 2 part premiere with the specific intent of forcing you to go online to see the second half.

>it's so shit it's getting a web release only
AHAHAHAHAHA

This was not screened for critics. Never a good sign.

its not even out yet you fucking wierdo

>a generic Star Wars look

It literally looks like Mass Effect though

>Its a Sisko makes a commentary about black struggles in the 1950's episode
Is every episode of discovery going to be like this, you never had Janeway crying about being a woman.

I am going to give it a chance. But only a small one; because I've read the creator's comment on trekkies watching.
If it's bad I'll be quick to leave. There's still The Orville.

queers squared

>Star Trek: Diversity

who ever thought up
>new klingon look
>uniforms
>ship designs

should be taken out and shot.

>It's a r/the_donald complaining about diversity in a tv show well know for his progressive ideas since the 60s episode

Bravo JJ

>weirdo

You have to be over 18 to post here.

Love how butthurt Sup Forums is before we have seen a single episode. They are just like SJWs they always go on about. Or not because Sup Forums is even easier to trigger.

sexualily transmitted disease ehehehehe

Where did he mention diversity?

It was a black woman, so by not loving the new designs you have outed yourself as a white supremacist neonazi.

Star Trek is supposed to be about an age where humans are past caring about sex, race, etc.

in our current age. the "progressives" only care about it.

All bajorians are alien Muslims.

>in our current age. the "progressives" only care about it.

JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US

Orville shills BTFO

But really, why are people butthurt about SJW agenda in new Star Trek? It's always been a vehicle for SJW ideas. It's like being surprised that nazis are racist.

>The Nazis would have killed everyone who didn't have blonde hair and blue eyes goy!

and yet there you are publicly praising orville

Nah, just all the untermenchen that were in the way of nazis imperialistic plans. Generalplan Ost is pretty clear on the issue.

I hate nearly everything about it.

The bridge
The frequent use of lens flare
The uniforms not matching what they should be wearing during that era
The Klingons not looking like Klingons
The technology looks far more advanced than TOS
The focus on space explosions over exploration and science

It's Star Trek in name only. And fuck the Fox shills, Orville is shit.

Why does it use the Enterprise insignia even though during this period every ship had its own badge?

it won't have enough vulcans or andorians, hence it will be bad

You forgot to mention it's going to be less sexist that the previous iterations. This is finally a Star Trek that adults can enjoy, stay upset children.

I like the new look. It would have been unintentionally funny at best if they went with the 60's idea of future. Like why would you have interface of big buttons on a spaceship instead of modern touchscreens? Or the bridge looking like cheap set? It's a good thing that modern production values and aesthetics are used.

>std

I hate how the country has been divided, with half of America being full tilt NAZIS and the other half being supporters of President Trump.

NEEEEEEEEERD

Here's costume designer Gersha Phillips

Say something nice about her work!

>less sexist

Why do they use the 4 pips rank design instead of the sleeves? Why is science better than ops? Why do they expect us to turn our brains off for a star trek show?

I wish every episode was like that episode. Sisko's black gf immediately tells him how stupid he is once he explains his butthurt to her and he realizes he's being an idiot.

Obsessing over minutia and tactical realism isn't cerebral. Why is it that nerds fall into this trap, especially in genre fiction?

Why are the divisions almost indistinguishable from each other?

I know i'm gonna hate it, but i am an avid fan of Star Trek so i will give it a shot. Thank god for the Orville, if i hate DSC i can at least be happy knowing The Orville will still be around.

Ops is bronze/copper because it's closest to the colour Red.
Search your feelings.
You know this to be true.

When exactly did the left wing fantasy of a post-racial society get replaced with a fantasy of a post-white society?

How many bongs?

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic xylophone, or something?

Ha ha, boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

For the first time in years I think people here actually getting paids for blatant shilling.

>we don't even want autistic people to watch our Star Trek show
Lmao way to shit on your own core audience, good luck finding a new one

~Why is one part of the chevron behind the other?

I like the collars.

>Why was O'Brien a Lieutenant then suddenly demoted to Chief?
Some things we'll never know.

>he thinks Orville is good
o I am laffin

You can see first hand how Sup Forums gets way more left wing after 9:00am EST: the exact minute NY/DC/etc go to work

It's pretty amazing

If we want to give them the benefit of the doubt, in The Cage ops wore brown instead of red, but I still think they just wanted to shit on Ops.

I bet you haven't even seen all of TOS. Fucking reddit r_the_donald faggot.

Is the second half at least free? If not they're shooting themselves in the foot, that would at least get people to try out all access before deciding if they want to pay.

>actually saving vintage Sup Forums reaction pictures

Wait, are you implying that they go to work shilling or that Sup Forums get more left wing because they are working and not posting anymore?

I'm confused.

>implying I am not pirating everything always

By 8:29 est

Has anything actually good ever had a critical embargo on it?

The fact that they feel the need to hide it from critics who would be ideologically driven to fellate it is a terrible red flag.

So's the ridiculously overwrought budget and filming issues, firing the showrunner, lens flare and Dutch angle trailers, etc.

Yeah, we are, but if they want this to be successful they have to draw in the normies.

It was a field commission that was not made permanent.

youtu.be/ZcTvrxwP6Is
>Starts somewhat promisingly
>Devolves into a bad GoiT rip-off
lol

And the fact that they're hinging the entire show on a woman with a demonstrated complete inability to act

I can only point out bad things that they've shown us; the show may be good (it won't) but it wouldn't make the uniform problems go away.

Canonically, Klingons did look different than the "modern" klingons in TNG.

I hate the ship designs, the weird Salvador Dali gothic church klingon ships are terrible.

>muslims in space
>nigger klingons
haha, no thanks. and fuck orville too.

The outfits look great, I just like the colour coding for roles personally.

>Generic Star Wars
Unless that was a mistake on your part or you should know, Star Wars was supposed to look generic.

WAHAHAHA
>invisible rank insignia
>indistinguishable department colors (at least under shitty lighting conditions, which they ironically have everywhere on the new ships)

>in the year of our Lord, 1967
Gets me everytime.

I think his point was everything has the same shitty JJ lens flare and tilt look

Keep in mind it was always JJ's dream to make a Star Wars movie and he got the Trek license as a cheap consolation prize years ago

There's actually nothing wrong with the uniforms in isolation, they do look good. The problem is when execs say the series is a precursor to TOS then you see a massive discontinuity to what has already been established.

Does anyone have that tweet where the writer shows off the fancy new touchscreen panels and somebody asks why they look more advanced when it's ten years before Kirk and the writer chimps out on him?

That's because you're a godless cocksucking queer.

>t. Robert H. JUST-man

Nothing says JUST more than being a godless cocksucking queer

>INSTEAD OF DOING STAR TREK LETS JUST MAKE DS9 AGAIN
ds9 sucks and so will this

Making the Klingons look like Big Bad Beetleborgs was a fucking colossal mistake. Why in the fuck? Whoever did that is singlehandedly responsible for the death of Star Trek.

>Samantha Bee. The woman who fought hard to keep poor minorities out of her children's white/Jewish private school
>Hating privileged white people

She must be incapable of seeing the hypocrisy.

Who indeed.

>TONIGHT! Star Trek BOLDLY GOES where it has already gone before, AGAIN!

to the trashcan?

first rule of series launch

if you give everything up on the first trailer you know its going to be a massive flop

if you actually have a lot of content and wants to keep the audience with mystery you fucking give as little as you can

guess in what category discovery fits

Star Trek died when DS9 ended in 1999.

It's different. They're doing serialized seasons but not series as a whole. Apparently it'll be an anthology, with different ships, crews, and time periods every season.

This

>Star Trek died when DS9 started in 1993.

Fixed that for you.

>Star Trek died when TNG started in 1987.

Fixed for reals.

Oh really? So next season is a new cast?
Hmm

they scraped that concept when they fired the original showrunner

>Star Trek died when the animated series started in 1966.

Fixed for the last time

Is anyone streaming the live stream of Discovery?

Um you are indeed a moron. The animated series was really really good what a saturday morning cartoon. the Yesteryear and One of our planets was lost episodes are very very good

He brought it up as well at another time, the vic fontaine Ocean's 11 ep, and it was jarring. It's the 24th century, and it's the Federation, why be uppity about racism from 400 years ago? His girlfriend shuts him down, but it's so out of place.

>you need to buy CBS All Access to watch past the first episode
fuck them