Seriously, what were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eM6ZK3XgD28
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I remember that episode where Trixie sneaked into a video game store with not Timmy, she would have been a good side character if they had more episodes of her trying to come to terms with who she really is but its a kids cartoon so its ok

I like how Chester, the person who obviously needed godparents car more than Timmy, got an episode where he did have them. All of his wishes were selfless, even though they didn't work out. A poor person with nothing who eats dogfood wished for the happiness of others, whereas Timmy who has a pretty good life is essentially an evil god.

That episode where Tootie got a swirly on her birthday always used to put me in a bad mood. Her life fucking sucks.

well in Trixie's case her VA retired, so they're probably hesitant to use her anymore, as for Tootie, well they already did an episode that pretty much explained that she'd be a terrible candidate for having Fairies

>this autist again

cause giving valid reasons is autism now

Sup Forums truly has become Tumblr

This. Tootie would've had fairies if she wouldn't blab about them within the first 12 hours of getting them.

>Look up Trixie VA
>Cute, Chubby, Asian Woman
my dick!

they just didn't care

They didnt explain it in the episode she firsts appears in for some reason, but Chloe's parents are extremely overprotective and nutty, kind of like the opposite of Timmy's parents not caring enough, Chloe's parents involve themselves in her life too much. At least thats what I got from the Chloe age swap episode.
Chester getting a fairy would suck. As someone said before in another thread, its like giving Clyde 10 sisters.
The episode Birthday Wish wasn't really Tootie getting real fairies, they were borrowed, and so she was never explained the rules. She got them again in the movie and they made no mention of her losing them in the past or being unable to keep them, so its just wanking speculation from the two or three anti-Tootie autists. She's the best would-be candidate on the show as she is the closest to Timmy in terms of character.

>thinking the fae ever give a shit about human happiness
Ever notice how they have a very structured and organized set of rules based around how to lose your godparents or what they can and can't help you with but almost none dictating what nutter actually get them?

Her deep sobs give me conflicted feeling of arousal and sadness to this day.

you do realize that FOP was never that good with continuity, right?

Birthday Wish was one of the few Tootie episodes not written by Hartman. It's noncanon.
She shares them with Timmy in the live movie series just fine.
It's strange though because Chloe is basically live action Tootie without the Timmy crush.

>anti-Tootie autists
What did he mean by this?

if we go by that, that would mean that most of Trixie's bitchier moments were not canon

but I digress

that they are a shipper fag

Her only good moment on the show was Wonder Gal.
It was written by Hartman though.

>The episode Birthday Wish wasn't really Tootie getting real fairies, they were borrowed, and so she was never explained the rules.
Cause she wouldn't let them explain the rules to her, not to mention when they tried to tell her that they needed to be kept secret she disagreed because she thinks keeping secrets is rude, which is completely the wrong attitude to have if you are to have Fairies, also Movie Tootie is basically a completely different character from her show version so that shouldn't be included in these debates

Also I'm not anti Tootie at all, I'm just noting what the show itself presented(indeed personally I've always felt the whole "have to keep your fairies secret" rule to have been a bad idea on the writers' part, along with a bunch of the other rules they established over the years)

>Birthday Wish was one of the few Tootie episodes not written by Hartman. It's noncanon.
That's a very silly attitude to take considering how little continuity this show even had in the first place(not to mention Butch isn't exactly the most consistent writer in the first place)

People who go above and beyond the call of duty to explain the shitty writing surrounding side characters on an inconsistent cartoon.

>Movie Tootie is basically a completely different character from her show version so that shouldn't be included in these debates
This doesn't even make any sense. Other than a makeover, it doesn't feel like they changed her too much. She still loves Timmy and acts a bit childish herself. It certainly makes more sense than arguing hidden subtext in an episode that was never brought up again.

It's not like Timmy didn't give away his fairies multiple times and not get punished for it.
This who should have fairies and who shouldn't argument is just the same couple of shiptards cannibalizing each other. Crabs in a bucket. It's not like it's going to happen with Chloe on the show now.

>It's strange though because Chloe is basically live action Tootie without the Timmy crush.
That's a pretty accurate way of putting it. They even have the same "protect the animals" message.

Hartman probably just said "I've already done the dark haired female sidekick too much" (Sam and Kitty Katswell) and invented a new character for basically the same purpose.

That's possible but more likely he did it because Hartman barely pays attention to his own show anymore.
The modern writers just add new characters instead of reusing old ones.
Only the main trio, Crocker, and Timmys parents are untouchable.
That's why that random Not Trixie crush showed up.

>Trixie
>needing a fairy
This level of delusion would make a Padippica shipper blush.

Even fucking Vicky, who had a tragic childhood and serious mommy issues, had more evidence that she deserved fairies.

Blonde Tootie/Vicky hybrid has a point you know.
I like Trixie but saying she is miserable is really pushing it

Yeah, saying Trixie's miserable because of having to hide her closet tomboy/geek tendencies is really the stuff of badly written melodramatic fanfics. It likely bothers her, but not that much.

That part of her character vanished seasons ago. Now she's just vain and neurotic.

>Arguing about intricacies in FOP

If Jimmy Neutron is so smart, why does every single one of his inventions cause problems?

How could Timmy not only make a wish that defied Da Rules (that is, freezing time for fifty years so he could have his godparents forever), but also wipe the minds of his fairies to ensure they don't remember it?

If Rudy could make ANYTHING in Chalk Zone, why couldn't he create a cure for cancer?

How come SpongeBob wants a driver's license so badly if his best friends are a minute's walk away and the Krusty Krab is basically down the block? He doesn't have many other places he needs to go.

Every single one of these cartoons rarely care about the premise, and just use it as a springboard for plot ideas.

Chester is HAPPY.

So he doesn't get fairies.

He only got them when he was miserable...on the same godman special!

Dude, you are stupid, this was made for CHILDREN to notice.

Trixie herself vanished seasons ago to be honest

>If Jimmy Neutron is so smart, why does every single one of his inventions cause problems?
He is smart enough to come-up with ideas and smart enough to put them into effect, but is also extremely short-sighted

>If Rudy could make ANYTHING in Chalk Zone, why couldn't he create a cure for cancer?
It would probably only work on ChalkZone residents
(like how they implied that humans can't drink ChalkZone water, cause it is just chalk)

>How come SpongeBob wants a driver's license so badly if his best friends are a minute's walk away and the Krusty Krab is basically down the block? He doesn't have many other places he needs to go.
It is a sign of social status

So, when is that club Sherwood comic coming out, and will it have pizza involved?

>Chalk Zone can't work on non-chalk things

Rudy used a freeze ray once on a bag of acidic burgers and it worked.

>If Rudy could make ANYTHING in Chalk Zone, why couldn't he create a cure for cancer?

how the fuck does one draw a cure for cancer?

>Still watching FOP
>Still expecting sense to be made out of whatever convoluted plot they go along with

Just draw a bottle of juice with "Cancer Cure" on the label, obviously.

>Still avatarfagging with shitty Sonic the hedgehog images

That episode was exaggerated by shippers anyway. In a prior episode, Tootie plays with a crimson chin doll with no issue about her being a girl made.
It's just inconsistent writing that happened to click with people because it made their waifu look remotely redeemable, but people saying it should have dictated Trixies character from that point on are just fanboying.
It's even more ridiculous when people use it to say she was more developed than any other character.

What the fuck are those poses in the last panel
What are they trying to convey?

"The Boy Who Would Be Queen" showed Trixie is an amazing character.

Then they promptly never referred to that episode or ever showed that side of her again.

I'm willing to bet it's some kind of reference.

New reaction image unlocked.

The "HEYHEYHEY, SERIOUSLY" leads me to believe it's some anime thing

Guess we know where Hirsch got the inspiration for writing Pacifica.

why don't you have have them scream "NANI?!?!" and give them those throbbing anime veins

She just showed she likes comic books. Vicky is a weeb in one episode, doesn't mean it's some deepening observation into her psyche.

The discussion here was, why create Chloe, when you could have used a pre-existing character?

Now, Trixie herself is a stretch. I think only the most delusional of shippers would think she deserves a fairy, or that giving her one would improve the show.

Chester I don't really see why either, yes, he lives in shitty conditions, but we don't ever see him being miserable, and his character is more about working in tandem with AJ, not Timmy. There need to be SOME people on the show that are Timmy's friends and don't have fairies.

Vicky was given an (anti)fairy was a gag and just did evil shit with it. Her character is way too one-dimensional to really do anything else. It does create a non-supernatural villain that is actually capable of standing a chance against Timmy and his fairy magic if you want to go there though.

Tootie made the most sense since she is similar to Timmy, an uncool character that has actually shown different emotions, including sadness and misery, and has a valid reason for needing them. Timmy also has a reason to treat her as a foil, unlike Chloe who he seemed to initially despise for no reason. Any time she gets brought up though, you end up with someone claiming she'll give them away even though there is conflicting evidence of that, Tootie is shown to be plenty secretive as Deep Toot (which was actually written by Hartman) and seemed to be able to handle using the fairies just fine in the movies. Feels more like a case of "if my favorite character can't be Timmy's fairy buddy NO ONE CAN"

Its literally the only episode in the series where Trixie does more than stand around insulting people (and she still does that in it anyway) so its suddenly comparable to Northwest Manor Mystery in terms of redeeming her character and explaining her bad behavior.

It also spawned a generation of tumblrinas and grrrrl geek gamers with that shitty gender roles message.

>Vicky was given an (anti)fairy was a gag and just did evil shit with it. Her character is way too one-dimensional to really do anything else. It does create a non-supernatural villain that is actually capable of standing a chance against Timmy and his fairy magic if you want to go there though
I like that episode.
One of the very few halfway good FOP episodes the last 5 or so years.
Too bad Timmys Dad still took it over.

It's not really that. It was a fun episode, and made Trixie somewhat tolerable, but there have been other cases where Tootie or Vicky also do boyish things and no big deal was made about it.
So it's a little ridiculous to imply that Trixie was meant to be developed by that episode.

Not using General Grievous

>Forgetting to greentext

Love Gara's art but man he can not write for shit. I don't think it's the language barrier either.

Vicky isn't so much a weeb as she is someone that loves extremely violent cartoons, hence why she was into Maho Mushi to begin with.

You are trying to apply logic to a show that does not care about it and instead just follows whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I like Trixie too, but she had a role and did it well, there isn't really any need to change it just because shippers want to make her "just like muh drama fanfics".

At least he can draw more than one body type now.

youtube.com/watch?v=eM6ZK3XgD28

/ourguy/ did it again

Welcome to Sup Forums, enjoy your stay.

Well it's better than his blind Pokemon drawing at least.
It amazes me he can draw something that detailed so fast, while I struggle to get a group picture done in two weeks

>One phrase : butch religious beliefs destroyed a perfectly fun series

Good goy, its Christianity's fault

>She's basically the Flash

NO YOU FUCK THAT ISN'T FLASH IT'S ZOOM/HUNTER ZOLOMON

He is not our guy

Does anyone remember that concept Butch had for a FOP movie if he ever did make a TRUE one? Timmy wishes that all the kids in the world had fairies so everyone would be happy. Unfortunately, being technically 16, this includes Vicky, and she gets assigned Jorgen, where she then causes complete chaos.

If they did it now then the kids would just be random invented on the fly faggots no one cared about. Real characters like Tootie, Trixie, Chester and AJ probably wouldnt even appear in the movie.

Also Timmy's dad would get a fairy for some reason too.

I think it'd be more like the superhero special, with all those characters appearing and having a minor role.

>I think it'd be more like the superhero special
So every kid would only have fairies for about five minutes out of the whole thing?

Tootie gots a blabber mouth andlost her fairies

>88140466
Now you're just samefagging

That was the Paramount movie that was cancelled, either because they or Nick got new management, I can't remember which.

How is Butch even surviving on the Spongebob/Loudhouse network? I actually like him, but I don't understand how they just keep coming back to FOP.

>Chester is HAPPY.
He only got them in the where timmy was never bien because timmy makes him happy

'Member how Chloe had tons of friends at the beginning of the episode, and suddenly had none at the end?

Also, in general, promoting a new character to "main character" status as soon as they're introduced is a terrible idea. Elevating either Trixie or Tootie from secondary to main would've been a much better move.

He bends over and takes it from the execs. I was having this discussion in the Danny Phantom thread a few days ago. Sometime around the period when Danny Phantom was being cancelled, he gave up trying to go with his own vision and just let whatever decision Nickelodeon put on him fly. Seeing Danny Phantom get ripped from his arms and cast into the cancellation sea must've really hurt his will to fight back.

So he just went with the flow. Poof was added, Sparky was added, Chloe was added... I can see Hartman going along with the first, but not the latter two, they just shook up the show too much while adding little to it other than a fresh face meant to generate ratings buzz. I remember reading that a staff member came to the wiki and even confirmed that Chloe and Sparky were decisions "from above" Hartman.

Chloe could have been cool if her message was altruistic wishes can fuck everyone over too and being a virtue signaling piece of shit can get you into trouble.

We ran the gambit with Timmy's hedonistic wishes so I wouldn't mind tapping another well.

This has been something that has bothered me with many television creators. How do they feel when the few things they make are often warped to something beyond their original visions, and they become widely known for something they now hate?

How does Psy feel that all everybody will remember him for is Gangnam Style? How does Masashi Kishimoto feel when all of his future works will constantly be compared to Naruto, and he will be forced to constantly approve of whatever Studio Pierrot and the Boruto guys want?

It must hurt.

Yes, I agree. This is well below the standard of writing we've come to expect from Johnny Test--I mean, Fairly Oddparents.

that you TB, if so, well can't blame you, we did just have Thanksgiving after all, so that probably slowed things down quite a bit, hopefully you'll get that pic done soon though

bump

I still can't find the episode streaming anywhere as of yet.

well there was an upload of it on Dailymotion, might still be there

Wasn't it Manzi?

>Birthday Wish
Tootie did literally nothing wrong in this episode, Crocker was trying to trick her

even before Crocker showed up she was being kinda a moron, for some reason they amped up her hyper tendencies to like double or triple what they normally are

Thanks.

>Boruto
That fuck can't even draw and takes way to many liberties in fucking with old character designs because he hates tits for some reason.

>being excited about getting access to god-like powers and wishing for stuff is being a moron

whats with the legs
boner almost ruined
almost

Cute and sexy

I think it's supposed to be the muscles flexing from her sitting position. Some shading around it would've probably made it more obvious.

bump

>How does Masashi Kishimoto feel
He feels fucking great because he's LOADED.

bump

>How does Masashi Kishimoto feel when all of his future works will constantly be compared to Naruto

How do you think his twin brother feels? They're identical twins, but one of them created one of the biggest shonen jump titles ever, a manga that is famous worldwide.

Haven't watched FOP in years, is Sparky still around or was he dropped in favor of Chloe? If the latter, was there any explanation given?

what the fuck is wrong with you

bump