What in the fuck was gamergate?

So I remember the whole thing when it was going on, but I didn't care to learn more about the who and why. Back then I was a bit bluepilled.

Now that I'm seeing the full extent of corruption in the US/World, I must know more, and I know better than to accept the word provided by mainstream sources. In attempting to look up what GamerGate was and why, Ive found not shit. One website says one thing and another is an entirely convoluted chart to follow.

I ask you, Sup Forums, what in the fuck was GamerGate? How did it start and what the shit happened? Any info is appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@robekworld/what-is-the-alt-right-an-overview-f984026d1052#.k0199cp6x
businessinsider.com/charts-show-the-political-bias-of-each-profession-2014-11
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM9L2W5aOI_1zFJPiJST1GpxOTP-qomDS
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473383504684.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=KmkXCsqJee0
youtube.com/watch?v=5wt8k-3xD5s
youtu.be/4AUICGwslM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bumping for curiousity

The Franz Ferdinand to 2016 Election where the shitty small games press revealed media propaganda secrets and a shitty movement that attracted sperg a and neets and Eceleb cancer

'Twas a time when moot tried to cuck us. Then the harbor happened and war began

more info
medium.com/@robekworld/what-is-the-alt-right-an-overview-f984026d1052#.k0199cp6x

Gamergate was a media conspiracy getting exposed and a whole lot of backpeddling and shilling to try and cover it up.

Games media is totally bought and zoe quinn is a dirty fucking whore.

Basically Sup Forums turned into Sup Forums and people got butthurt

Sup Forums yards get their first taste of biased media. Sup Forums tried to help but

>Muh let's not make it political

Took over their narrative as liberals made it political and destroyed them. Discussion here gets banned some people goto cripplechan over it and now all the movement is, is cucks in the subreddit kotakuinaction getting triggered by tweets made by nobodies and constantly reminding everyone they aren't Republicans. For the 10 minutes Sup Forums controlled the movement we found so many like connections and mapped out Zoe Quinn's entire family tree to show she came from corrupt circles but the cucks in Sup Forums demanded we keep out. So it went nowhere but Reddit. The end.

Beware of the rabbit hole you go down. You can never climb out.

Yeah, basically the entertainment and news media industry in the US is biased towards the Democrats and SJWs.

businessinsider.com/charts-show-the-political-bias-of-each-profession-2014-11

A door/gate where many Gamers needed to get in, this was uppsetting the"nerdy" feminists.

>Games media is totally bought
You mean like critics and shit? It took a scandal for people to figure that out?

You shut up hooker

This nigger is 100% spot on. Those retards got triggered by us and essentially it eventually died because they didn't want to hurt the feelings of sluts and some mythical moral high ground

I actually just finished reading this, it was pretty tight.

Does anyone have any links to the articles perpetuating this agenda he's referring to? Like the ones journalists were claiming that 'gamers are dead' and shit?

Gamergate was the event where modern feminism revealed itself to the general public to be based entirely on lies.

gamergate would have never been a thing if the reddit mods hadn't attempted to memory hole it in the first days.

media conspiracies aside, i think what bothered even moderate people was how easily just a few personally connected individuals can gum up the works for literally everyone else

From how I heard it described on Twitter, it was the source of all human suffering and oppression throughout human history.

>What in the fuck was gamergate?

Sup Forums and a lot of people elsewhere for the longest time have stated that reviews of video games are bought and paid for. Basically companies just throw a lot of money at "journalists" so they'll give their game a good review. It is vastly apparent when you have a AAA game come out, its complete shit, but the "industry" lauds it as an artistic triumph and best game ever. Gamergate was simply the exposing of that.

One of the truly defining moments of it involved a developer named Zoe Quinn. She made a game call Depression Quest. It was a crappy point and click adventure about someone dealing with depression. It was a shit game that even those with depression called bullshit on. The controversy was in the relationship she had with a journalistic website that gave her game rave reviews. She basically fucked all 5 of the editors at the site.

I was somewhat blue pilled for the first 8 months while too busy with school to pay attention to internet drama then I discovered Sargon he's pretty cool youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM9L2W5aOI_1zFJPiJST1GpxOTP-qomDS

watch some of the early thunderfoot or sargon videos

I only ever got around to watching a couple when gamergate was popular because IMO they both get old quickly.

>game developer fucked a bunch of game reviewers for her game to get good reviews
>it was leaked out into the open, the developer was highly criticized by the gaming community and sparked debate about corruption in journalism
>the game developer claimed she was being criticized cause I'm a woman and muh misogyny
>media ate that shit up and sided with the game developer
>internet war ensued

basically a bunch of nerds got angry at some dishonest journalism then the journalists fired back at the shitlords then the shitlords harassed a bunch of women in the industry.

thank you, informative user

i like OP had tried limitedly to research GG in the past. this puts it together

These
Anything else would be a fridge issue

>Zoey Quinn's ex-boyfriend was upset and spilled the beans on Reddit
>both Sup Forums and Reddit started going full internet detective
>found out about the lies, five guys burger and fries
>game reviewers and other vidya media started furiously defending Zoey
>Reddit and Sup Forums are actually redpilled on native advertising that is video game reviewing
>don't take any of their bullshit and shilling
>suddenly thread graveyards, mass bans and censorship
>just throws fuel on the fire
>suddenly everybody thinks adding -gate to things is original
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473383504684.webm

This. GamerGate were unambiguously the good guys. In fact the reason they lost is because of how hard they tried to not be offensive.

Useful idiots got played and now colleges have SJW degrees because of GG autistic tactics.

Pretty sure game reviewing sites have to report if the review has any conflict of interest because of GG.

nothing actually happened though, no one won or lost.

>Banking and Finance Dead Center, obviously playing both sides.

They always had to. GamerGate started because they didn't, despite having to.
Gaming "journalism" is still full of people who don't even play video games. The "gamers are dead"-type articles have stopped but they're still massive cunts crying soggy knees every other day.

It was about jaded gamers vs gaming journalists.

didn't give a fuck about five guys or even about game journalism. Already knew that was an incestuous hive of hipsters

what got me was the multisite censorship campaign. I'd never seen anything like it

why couldn't people talk shit about ZQ alleged horribleness like they could talk shit about Michael Jordan being a dick? Charlie Sheen being a hooker banging coke fiend? Michael Jackson diddling kids? Phil fish being a mewling pussy?

threads were censored on reddit, Sup Forums and NeoGAF and even fark. all around the same time

How could that happen without collusion? How could such collusion occur unless the people who moderated or ran these sites were all part of the same clique?

then came the "gamers are dead " media blitz. more evidence of collusion and focused effort to establish and propagate a narrative

blew my mind. I had no idea shit like that could happen anywhere but in dystopian fiction

>what was gamergate

some talentless GAM3RGR1L made a shitty game, evidence came out that it only got good reviews because she fucked the people involved, then it exploded and SJWs tried to spin it and act like it was some anti-feminist conspiracy by fat neckbeards who hate women

then the hags went to the UN to act like they were oppressed

This

5 (possibly 6 or 7 maybe even more than you expect) Guys Burgers and Fries.

>made a shitty game

Look. I may not have been an active member of GamerGate, but I definitely was on their side. There was clear objective evidence that ZQ slept around to get positive coverage. However as someone who has actually suffered from depression, I have to admit that Depression Quest was a very accurate portrayal of what it's like. The way some of the better options were locked out the further your "character" slipped into depression was an interesting mechanic. For a very simple text adventure, it was pretty good.

What happened to that DARPA thing that Sup Forums found?

Guess what nancy
I also suffer from depression
And the game was shit
Where is your god now?

outsiders will tell you it was a rayciss sexiss angry bunch of manbaby pissgarbage dumbchildren gaymers

most Sup Forumsacks, at the time, called it stupid bullshit for basement dwellers

the reality is, gamers have been fed up with the fact "gaming journalism" gets to slide under the reporting ethics radar because "it's not real journalism for a long time. before SJWs entered the fray, they has been a long-running theme of publishers paying journos with early access, free flights and hotels to go to conventions, all that shit. they pamper them, and in return they get good reviews, because if a journo gives a bad review they lose not only the pampering, but their access to early test releases, meaning their employer (like kotaku or gamespot) loses access to being the gaming equivalent fo "first at the scene".

because gaming has for so long been seen as a hobby for nerds, there's been no push for upholding standards and ethics, which meant that when something so glaringly outrageous happens, like a """developer""" sleeping with journos for reviews, there was nobody to go to. no ethics committee, no watchdog, no legal framework, and essentially no repercussions.

so, when gamers found out there was nobody on their side, they took to mob justice and started trying to lay it all bare, discrediting everyone they could, which the gaming journos (full of upper middle class white kids with journo degrees and who have never worked an honest job in their fucking lives) translated to the public as "sexist attcks" and "harassment" of poor, helpless women who's sex life she used to subvert the review process WAS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS SHITLORD

so, everything i've explained so was just the buildup and was pretty inconsequential to what happened next.

>gamergate happened while I was at OCS
>missed the whole damn thing
>then the fappening
>came back just in time for moot to leave us

Goddammit.

It took some literally who having sex with some guys for Sup Forums to pretend to care. But really it was a slutshaming campaign that got too much attention from outside Sup Forums.

DARPA?

>Sup Forums discovers evidence of game journalists colluding with each other
>makes HUGE autistic flow chart images nobody bothered to read
>feminist cunts go on jew media and explain gamergate is "dude rape lmao"

It was a house of cards that if fallen, would give way to progressive media also being exposed as colluding corrupt propaganda tools

Same house of cards, hence the international media scare campaign talking about how bigoted, sexist and immature it was

>officers lurk Sup Forums

oh heil hitler, we need more frog-O's

unironically, the cancer that put the final nail in the coffin for Sup Forums and officially killed Sup Forums

ironically, shit posting frenzy

What is your MOS, sir?

I find it hilarious that the less people know about GamerGate the more likely they are to be against it.

some attention whore leaked nudes of herself because she made a shitty game and hoped people would care who she is

she blamed her ex but from what i understand it never went anywhere. and still nobody cared

A bunch of autists yelling at other autists.

Done

Yep. People focused a lot on the Quinn bullshit, but there was a lot more to it. Sup Forums (and to an extent Sup Forums) found a lot of dirt on review sites, such as journalists reviewing their friends' games in order for favors such as housing or money (Patricia Hernandez was extremely guilty of this), rigged promotions that were borderline fraud, intentional sabotaging of certain games, and so on. There was a research group linked to one of the sites that had funding from DARPA to look into the effects of gender roles in games or something. A few days after Sup Forums discovered it, it was gone completely and the mods and moot started acting like bigger fags than usual.

It was a house of cards that if fallen, would give way to progressive media also being exposed as colluding corrupt propaganda tools

Same house of cards, hence the international media scare campaign talking about how bigoted, sexist and immature it was

>gamers created the alt-right

????

so to condense the meat of the event into as short a form as possible, what happened was that Sup Forums, reddit, tumblr, twitter, everywhere that gamers, who for nearly 3 decades have been told their hobby is not-a-real-hobby, liked to gather, all came together to punish these shitslinging asshole journos for their blatant corruption, mixed with their HUGE left-wing slant.

it was a perfect opportunity for them to unleash their SJW dogs upon a community of users who have been berated for their choice of hobby since day one.

this really successfully revealed the extent to which SJWs had gained positions of pwer within the gamer-sphere, including Sup Forums mod positions, reddit mods, even fucking people cuddling up to the Twitter staff, so much so they could have accounts banned at well. yes, it's that fucking bad.

so, from what started as a legit crazy whore with no scruples refusing to apologise for her dishonest actions, the whole thing blew up into not so much a "success" on either side, but as a giant fucking floodlight being pointed under the rock of the new media, and what was revealed was a crawling mass of lefty insects, ready to unleash their diseases on whoever was brave enough to flip that rock over and expose the bullshit they consider "moral".

this was around the time the "journo list" was exposed too, revealing that lefty faggot journos really as in cahoots and give zero fucks about their own hypocrisy.

i'm not a particularly conspiracy-minded guy, and i don't think GamerGate achieved much more than getting a few sites to start disclosing their affiliations, but in the grander scheme of things, it really revealed how bullshit the state of the internet is at the moment, and every passing month we're learning more and more about left-wing takeover, like facebook censoring german right wing pages, google not covering bad hillary publicity, etc.

the rabbit hole goes very deep this time.

A cover so we could begin Gawker's downfall.

To be fair I had lots of friends recommend me the game at least a year before GG started, and while I didn't think it was very good at the time it was actually somewhat popular.

Censorship on Sup Forums came from a Sup Forums mod who's some rich libcuck who was fucking Zoe Quinn and moot who was literally put into a chastity cage by some rich woman who worked for Gawker.

It's a shame how it was censored because it was an interesting saga deserving of discussion.

Pft, I'm navy.

Hiding my powerlevel all day err' day.

>i'm not a particularly conspiracy-minded guy

Why not? Conspiracies are literally just groups of people getting together in secret to fulfill some agenda. You think that doesn't happen every day?

To this day, the SJW's still get triggered over GamerGate

I don't know if he's serious or he's trolling everyone

I love reading an article about something like putin smashing gays and midway through they start going off on gamergate for literally no reason

>Gamergate was the event where modern feminism revealed itself to the general public to be based entirely on lies.

This

Even scarier. You may hide your power-level, but they know you post here sir. Not even seven proxies can protect you from the thing that owns the Navy.
Be safe...

Alligator (also spelled alliGATEor) ate some nerds. Feminists claimed it was racist. Jews shut it down. Some people say you can still hear Jeb!'s enchanted guac bowl to this day.

That proto-altright
>whore and media corruption exposed
>media creates the gamergater label to describe everyone who questions them
>[slander and propaganda intensifies]
>gamergate is now a joke and everyone who talks negatively about vidya journalism is a reverse sjw virgin cuck racist
Now move along and keep self-labeling yourself as alt-right

I figure the people that care about such things already know. And they wouldn't have given me my clearance if it mattered to them.

Based on my circumstances, the most the machine could have done to me was not hire me.

You stay safe too bro.

They've been doing that for all our lives and longer.

good breakdown thankyou

Do people remember this guy?

I found his videos really entertaining and interesting but then he got banned from Jewtube.

The thing that Gamergate did is prove to a huge number of males who otherwise wouldn't have witnessed it, that the mainstream media, large corporations and government will ALWAYS take women's sides - no matter how unjustified or outrageous.

OK before this thread goes down the memory hole I'll try to explain.

Gameing media has been a fan press since it really kicked off in the whole modern internet age. When I was a kid you had print magazines that were little more than advertising arms for different publishers. (Nintendo Power and the like) or they were smaller magazines that focused on gaming, whenever they reviewed a game that bought adds it became more and more clear that they gave favorable reviews to the people buying adds in the magazines. Fast forward a few years and high speed internet and small fan sites devoted to gaming pretty much ripped the rug out from under print press on games. so much so that all the old print mags only really exist as online publications today.

Along comes the modding and indie games scene, people who grew up on these things were making their own games on a shoe string budget and some were really good, interesting stories that a major studio couldn't put out due to return and advertising. Unfortunately this same revolution in the quality of indie games happened at the same time that the social justice / grievance politics were worming their way through academic institutes.

Ad since gaming in general has been a sort of fringe pastime it attracts people on the fringes of social norms as well as the mass entertainment portion of the audience. Enter Zoe Quinn, the straw that broke the camel's back. Sites that had built a reputation of being for gamers, and against the kind of pay for good press that was so damned obvious exploded in this sex/corruption scandal.

Shit went ham...

>I found his videos really entertaining and interesting but then he became a cuck

How is zoe's pussy?

An indie dev named Zoe Quinn fucked some game journalists and Sup Forums went after her. Discussion of it was later banned on Sup Forums by moot so they all came to Sup Forums.

This was the start of Sup Forums dominance on Sup Forums and the end of Sup Forums's era.

It was Sup Forums's number 1 priority until Sup Forums forgot.

So what happened?

So the closely knit gaming news sites all fell into lock step on the same day and tried to paint the whole gamer-gate scandal as "misogynist trolls" mocking women in games. When in reality it is the same problem BLM has keeping it's house in order, the most vocal people on the GG side were laser focused on the bribery and collusion going on in the games press to influence buyers as well as spoonfeeding money to friends while at the same time any user can make a fake twitter account and go troll the ever loving shit out of the social justice infiltrators trying to worm their greasy hands into gaming.
Because there is money to be had in the billion dollar games industry. an industry mostly built by men, where being a woman really doesn't matter because competing in a game is mostly mental and not physical. "There are no girls on the internet" is just as much a statement of the unlikelihood of finding a female on the internet in unlikely places as it is a statement that being a female doesn't give you any special privileges online, until you out yourself expecting better treatment for being the owner of a vagina.

youtube.com/watch?v=KmkXCsqJee0

Got 2 hours?

youtube.com/watch?v=5wt8k-3xD5s

Sup Forums's mod was Alex Lifshitz, some beta numale that Zoe was fucking.

Even better, he took her to europe on his parents dime, paid for a congressional hearing for her, her rent and meals, and then she left him for another hipster. Fucking hilarious that rich little daddy's boy spent so much and even did it for free just to eat some other guy's cum.

Even stranger is how they managed to cover up Queen Quinn abusing a black woman in tech.

He goes by Mister Metokur now

I remember watching most of his videos but I don't know how he was cuckified.

gamergate is a globalist plot build the narrative they need to take control of the internet

How did he get cucked?

What was with that ordeal with that ponyfag?

Which ponyfag?

>was an interesting mechanic
That was old news by the time she did it, VNs have had shit like that for years. It was fucking Zork about some cunt's feelings, the only special thing about it is GamerGate.

This.

youtu.be/4AUICGwslM0

Most recent one he shitposts on twitter about.

i remember when he got a blow job from his GF live

>not mentioning the internet-wide censorship over gamergate that extended all the way over to Sup Forums site-wide, where moot backstabbed everyone and caused the 8ch failure of an exodus amongst a reddit invasion of both sites

Thanks a lot anons, I finally understand.

The radical playbook since the 60s which we have come to describe as *Cultural Marxism* involves labelling something with an *-ist* buzzword in order to take it over so they can annexe or destroy it. It's how progressives have wormed they way into everything like vermin for decades from Academia to government to media and conservatives have allowed this takeover to take place by agreeing with them that all *-isms* are bad.

GamerGate was the first real vocal opposition to this blatant process which millennials noticed was happening because it was obvious, their eyes were wide open to the enemy's agenda -- and they fought back hard.

In the end, many socjus writers were sacked, gawker died, nobody who pays attention to games media closely believes anything these cunts say anymore. Many of the sites published new ethics standards and guidelines. GG won a lot of it's battles, though Anita Zoe and some others were able to milk out a living off bleeding heart fucks who now pay them for existing. "the professional victim"

It made the whole gaming, anti SJW, anti Feminism, and Anti-liberal folks much stronger and more visible than they had been before. Especially when you consider that people like Thunderfoot, Mundane Matt and others wouldn't be making a living refuting this nonsense if all these gaming sites hadn't gone and shat all over "gamers."