Everyone gets their traditional mantle back

Not a reboot, just everyone gets back their traditional persona and roles (Cap is cap again, Doom is evil again, Tony is a dick again, Eddie is Venom again, etc).

Would this improve the current marvel comics?

Characters don't improve comics, writers is

>Eddie is Venom again

Aren't writters someway limited by the characters?

I mean if you have to make a book about Lady Thor is not the same than if you have to make a book about Thor

Iron Man has been terrible for like five straight years now even with Tony in the role so I doubt Tony not being in the suit is the problem.

No? A writer is only limited by their own ability.

If anything Thor would be more limited than Whor because he's saddled with decades of continuity and development whereas with Jane you can pretty much do whatever.

When did Dick Tony start? I know it was at least Civil War.

when the iron man movie came out

No, Marvel's problems are more complex than that.

>How to improve current Marvel
Step 1: stop doing constant events, mini events, crossovers and shit that derails ongoings; stop with the 100 variants and incentive variants gimmicks
Step 2: hire better writers, stop giving Bendis and Waid 20 comics to write

Only hack writers are limited by characters.

A good writer can make any shit concept or character work. The problem is that the comic industry is full talentless hacks.

Just checking, so a return to his "traditional persona and role" would be a ok guy who respects his team mates? I don't know enough pre-Civil War be certain but I think that was his 60s-90s portrayal.

Tony's always been a dick, I don't know what that user is about. If anything, the movies toned him down and made him more likeable.

tony was always a dick

people say civil war turned tony from a likeable character into a dick, but what it really did was turn an interesting asshole into a boring one

But I want Flash to be Venom again!

Nigga that's what's gonna happen. Do you see 4 Supermen running around?

Is Hal Jordan a supervillain?

Is Spider-Man blonde and named Ben Reilly?

Supergirl
Peej
She-Hulk
Spider-Woman
Robin #73
Human Torch
black Nick Fury

It wouldn't. It would make things objectively worse. It's people like you who wrecked the X-Men by forcing Jean back to life, making Magneto return to crime etc.

No.

>objectively worse
Shit, you can't make Marvel any worse now just by doing random stuff; you'd need a think tank to figure out a plan to accomplish that.

>Cap isn't Cap
>Tony isn't a dick

For fucks sake read some comics before you make shit-tier threads like this.

Also how do none of you understand story arcs?

>Magneto return to crime
That needed to happen. The same way we need for Doom to become Doom again. With the years we have lost too many good villains because they became good or neutral, And we didn't have much good villains in first place.

>waaah, they changed things! CHANGED!

"Characters going back to their traditional personal and roles" is exactly what killed Spider-Man.
(Also, fuck Eddie.)

The correct thing to do is look at how each character has been written over the years, and - taking into consideration how the character was best-recieved and written - work out how to build a convincing character and direction for them that feels like natural character growth and progression from the events they've gone through (while disregarding particularly stupid events that don't fit the character progression). A flat "revert everyone to how they used to be" would just make everything since their introductions feel irrelevant.

Like... the suggestion the other day, of "revert the entire MU to how it was in the 80's" would alienate 99% of readers that had started reading since the 80's. And when growing the audience and appealing to new people is very much in Marvel's interests, that is a Bad Idea. This wouldn't be so drastic, but it would likely have a similar effect.

Step 3: Get rid of Perlmutter and invest in the company's growth, editorial staff; have editors take a more hands-on role in curtailing authors' and artists' worst excesses and guiding the direction of the universe.
Step 4: Invest in human mind duplication so Ewing can write X-Men, Avengers, and Inhumans all at once

>Do you see 4 Supermen running around?
Superdad, New Super-Man, Super-Lex and... Superwoman, who sort of counts?

same, fuck space knight though

I agree that Doom should be evil (at least motives are always self-serving), but Magneto works better as an anti-hero (the Malcolm X to Charles).

It really is that simple

>stop with the 100 variants and incentive variants gimmicks
I-I like non-rare variants. It's nice to have a choice of cover.

This. Stop making this thread OP.