The technology in this show makes no sense...

The technology in this show makes no sense. How are they using tablets and smartphones while new Gamecube games are being released?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube_Broadband_Adapter_and_Modem_Adapter
youtube.com/watch?v=T2IrtX0QdIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not our world

That's a lot of assumptions in one post.

Steven could just be playing on the old consoles

His dad does live in a van after all. It also explains why his television is ancient

THIS!

Hasn't Steven's television been destroyed like 5 times as of now?

He mentions new characters being released for Lonely Blade. Which he plays on the Gamecube.

His dad owns a car wash and Garnet for some reason does't play the stock market with conservative bets. Not exactly enough moolah for something fancy.

Could be a fanmade mod. Or the Gem War's alterations to time meant the Gamecube has wi-fi.

Just because he has a gamecube doesn't mean it recently released.

Fucking DLCs, man.

Because there's nothing nostalgic about a Wii U in the eyes of a bunch of weeb and gamer nerds who only watch three animes and play popular games.

Yeah. Pre- sure gregs still a millionaire. He does what he does by choice.

>Or the Gem War's alterations to time meant the Gamecube has wi-fi.

The Gamecube actually had adapters that could be used for LAN and Internet-based connections.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube_Broadband_Adapter_and_Modem_Adapter

The Gamecube had online, it was the least used attachment.

Yeah but Steven isn't the kind of kid who will toss out his old console just because his dad is willing to buy him the newest stuff.

The Gamecube probably has sentimental value to him at this point. Remember how nuts he went when he lost Ranger Guy?

In that world, people realised GameCube was the best a console could be and saw no point in developing new ones. And there's no evidence in our world they weren't correct.

No, but it explains the constant tv replacements at least.

but that's not PS2

That was a silly thing to say.

Even if either of them was better, that generation was the peak and there was no point in making newer machines, meaning that GameCube would still be a currently supported system.

Why was the gamecube so poorly recieved?
It was great

One possible explanation: There was canonically no WW2 in this setting, meaning no post-war boost to the Japanese economy, meaning their tech is behind.

that wouldn't mean we would have the gamecube but later, we'd have a completely different history of videogaems and consumer electronics in general

xbox

If the war hadn't happened Japan could have been equally successful or more successful. Any number of things could have happened.

>Steven lives in a world where Nintendo is still possibly making GC games
You think his worlds Iwata is still alive?

>Connie picture in the background
Nice touch.

Tiny discs, couldn't play DVDs, and the majority of their games didn't click with a foreign market that was more into spunkgargleweewee and yelling swear words at strangers over the internet.

Xbox brought in the era of FPSand online play. Gamecube lacked both

It was really Halo. Xbox was dead in the water surviving off two oddworld titles and trying to get sonic or crash as their mascot. Halo literally changed the face of gaming

That's not all, how was Peridot Cheeping at the boardwalk? Do beaches have wi-fi?

>there's a world where the dreamcast was the most popular console

Is Greg one of the few instant millionaires that didn't lose their fortune by the end of the episode?

He did not. If it wasn't for Steven's escapades, he'd probably never come close to spending the money he gained. Even after wrecking a boat, he still seems to be wealthy.

Because he's a hipster from Gen Z. Liking a old console is a substitute for a personality trait.

fuck off to your cancer general you fuck

The "it's a purple lunchbox" meme

Which is weird, because Halo wasn't even that good a shooter

I thought this was a kids show? The GCN came out in what, 2001? Kids wouldn't know what that is, is this for the "teen audience", giving that was 15-16 years ago?

He's probably on allowance to some degree, like he only get 10 K

Steven doesn't seem to have any money at all, he probably just asks Greg directly for stuff like that.

>not the ps2

I agree, not the PS2, hence why I posted a picture of the Xbox. Or as I like to call it, the Sexbox. Since it's so damn sleek and stylish.

Have you ever gone to a GoodWill? Those places have tons of old tube tvs for under 20 bucks.

have you tried RE4 on a PS2?

>sleek and stylish
more like bulky and dull.

t. 12 year old

No he means Greg only gets so much so far.

>Xbox was the system that introduced casuals to gaming
>Shitty titles

Nah. PS2 and GC were far superior.

Casuals were always gaming user, platforms like Xbox Live just gave them a voice.

Halo invented the FPS

>t. Casualfag

I've been meaning to ask, but why is Peridot so short? Didn't she used to be as tall as Lapis?

I haven't caught up to the most recent episodes.

what does the t. even mean

>t. Casualfag

You're only proving my point.

Halo was good and had a cool story. I was really into the series till about 3. Even read those novels which i cant remember much about other than master chief is named John and he was special because of some coin trick he did as a kid

I'm not that other guy. I genuinely have no idea what the "t." is supposed to stand for. I keep seeing it everywhere.

Why, yes, I am a casual player of games. I've played plenty of games as a teenager, saw the industry slowly go to shit trying to cater to "gamerz" and "progressives" all while putting out games that are basically the same shit and seeing people continue to eat it up.

I just play a game that looks interesting and call it a day.

>t. Newfag

Why does Greg still live in his van? I'm not saying he should go out and buy a McMansion, but with his millions he could at least rent an apartment or something.

Hell, he could just buy a foreclosed home for real cheap and just chill for the rest of his life.

>he hasn't experienced the Perimeme
You have like three seasons to watch

I never got the whole thing where they specifically selected john because he was measurably luckier than the rest of the spartans

if the little nigger was so lucky he wouldn't have been abducted by illumaniti child snatchers trying to create perfect brainwashed soldiers to do nothing more than create a fancy incorrigible swat team to assassinate political enemies

>I'm a casual

Farmville and Angry Birds don't count.

Actually no. I game on a PC. I can't wait for A Hat in Time.

Peridot was always that short without her platform shoes, the problem is none of the animators agree on Lapis's height even approximately.
One scene she's at eye level with Steven, the next scene she's 95% Pearl's height.
Yeah, I know this is intentional, but it's still sloppy composition, and Lapis gets it worse than any other non-fusion Gem.
There was also that one time Amethyst was about four times the height of a Gamecube.

>N-no!! I play "r-real(tm)" games!

You can keep meming all you want, that's fine. Your Sup Forums tier arguing skills just shows that maybe video games really do make you stupid.

Says the one who thinks A Hat in Time looks like a good game.

>I haven't caught up to the most recent episodes

That makes it sound like you haven't watched the last 10 episodes or so, but you've missed about 50-60. Which means it would be something like a culture shock to you if you decide to randomly watch a recent episode like Gem Harvest e.g.

Oh, this is getting too dank for me, Mr. Frogposter. Put away that rare Pepe at once.

Just keep meming, Sup Forums.

I honestly haven't watched the show regularly since Season One. But SU threads are so prominent that I'm "caught up" on the most barebone of details.

Are you the same user as ? But yeah I could imagine being spoiled about plenty of stuff without actually following the show thanks to /sug/ here.

>Gets called out for being a casualfag
>Stop meming me!

Yup, that's me.
Eventually I'll get around to watching everything again. I have the HDD space for it, at least.

Why you gotta lie?
Yeah, but it wasn't GREAT. It did vehicles well, which was a novelty at the time, but everyone kept acting like Bungie had reinvented the wheel, when all they did was make things less goofy than Quake/Doom/Serious Sam/etc.

He likes his van.

In the two or so years that have gone by in Canon he's also had a SNES and an N64.

Re-invented.
The biggest name before Halo I can recall was Goldeneye. But even before that there were the classics like DOOM and Wolfenstien.

Thats not a nintendo you tards, thats a Sumy. Fuck i dont even watch this show on my own accord but I know how to look at background fluff.

Better alternate history.

Good systems with good games continued getting developed for despite the march of time and innovation out of love for the craft and pleasing fans.

If they were still making good gamecube games today you know you'd own one.

Pretty sure that the biggest name before Halo was Half-Life

You got the right of it, brother.

Before halo was Unreal and Wolfenstein/Doom/Half Life

Its a Super PlayStation 2. Alt World where Sony and Nintendo continued their partnership.

The first time I've seen this particular tripfag leave his storytime safe space in years and his opinions are just as awful as they've always been.

Half-Life was great for the mods it spawned, mainly Counterstrike. The actual game itself was mediocre and full of bad level design.

unlimited data plan

Peridot is an original Xbox

Ignore spergs like him user. Sup Forums and /sug/ in particular are scourged by normalfag casuals that are the antithesis of the rest of Sup Forums (hence pushing the "frogposting" meme) and hate any board less tumblr than their home board (hence the Sup Forums boogeyman)?

Hipster bullshit man

????? ummmm gamecubes are the best gaming system??????????

This but mainly because the crew is a bunch of nostolgia fags

Don't forget Star Wars: Dark Forces

"It comes from Finnish memeboards.

Basically, 't.' is short for 'terveisin' or 'terkkuja' which translates to 'greetings' or 'yours truly'. As if ending a letter or a postcard.

So 't. ' means essentially 'Greetings (from) Swaglord.'"

oh would you like fries with that user
youtube.com/watch?v=T2IrtX0QdIE