Is there a show more up its own ass?

Is there a show more up its own ass?
Also the human dude is one of the most unlikable characters in fiction.

>Todd worse than Diane

I thought this was a Dan Harmon show for the longest time

Well I mean I hate both but at least she had some purpose at some point in time.

I wanted to watch it but the animal heads are kinda off-putting, is it any good?

Well, I was about to reply to somebody about the Todd asexual thing in the thread you accidentally posted on Sup Forums, but it got deleted. So I'll just post it here out of context for conversation's sake.

I just don't get why it matters. I don't think anyone cares if someone told them they weren't interested in sex. It's like they were trying to have it be like a character coming out story for 2017, but of course a character coming out as gay doesn't matter to anyone so they tried to pander to a different crowd. It felt like some sort of educational video. "That's right, some asexuals feel romantic and can even get married!"

Maybe I'm just jaded by negative experience with those who identify as it. So many examples stick out in my mind of people I know of who use it as some sort of way to feel unique and refuse to explain it. "You're not interested in sex?" "That's right!" "But you've had five different sexual partners in the last three months that I know of." "Ugh, you just don't get it!"

Man this season sure got heavy handed with the sjw bullshit. Seems like it's getting worse as the show progresses.

It kind of feels like at some point in between season 3 and 4, the writers let the tumblr sexuality meme squad get to them and it really poorly influenced how the whole asexual plot line played out.

In season 3 there was build up to it and the dialog surrounding the topic (see: the Todd and Emily diner scene) all seemed really organic and legit. Hell, they made the plot point clear but I don't think they even used the word "asexual" at any point in season 3. By the time season 4 rolls around it's just "I'm asexual" every fucking episode and him going to asexual meetings with other asexual characters explaining asexuality to him as though they're reading Wikipedia excerpts at him.

It can be extremely funny but often gets extremely preachy now. And they do some clever stuff with the animal theme.

I would say Black Mirror is more up its own ass, but it's close.

Most of it was fine, but episode 5 was painful because of it. Apparently that episode had a writer whose only episode in the series was that one and it shows. Not only was it heavy with that, the characters didn't seem to make sense anymore.

>I wanted to watch it but the animal heads are kinda off-putting, is it any good?

If you skip everything that doesn't have anything to do with bojack yeah its ok.

Its like half the show but its the only way to make it worthwhile.

are they secretly pro-gun?

they had diane want women to have guns so they'll feel safer. this is exactly what the NRA wants

then they make the episode anti-gun by having 1) a woman commit a mass shooting. this would not happen. I haven't looked it up but this has never happened. and 2) men don't want women to have guns.

did they intentional botch their arguments against guns and make an amazing argument in favor? are they trying to tell us something?

Not really, they even comment on how Diane is just an asian daria. The show is set in Hollywoo, so it will be obviously very liberal. If the characters were conservative, than people would complain that it is not realistic.

>at least she had some purpose at some point in time.

Which is what makes what she is now so disgusting. For all of Todd's faults he's the only character on the entire show to realize he had an unhealthy relationship with somebody and did something about it rather than wallow in self pity.

I know I know depression is real blah blah blah fuck Diane.

I dont feel like checking but is there any episode in season 4 where tod doesn't say he is asexual?

he could be entirely removed from the show and noone would argue

>muh catcalling
I seriously wished Diane would have been killed off at that point.

The whole point with the pro-gun thing is due to Diane's frustration and insecurity with her relationship with Mr. Peanutbutter. She feels insignificant, ignored and powerless due to his impulsive and indecesive nature. He never really does what Diane says, he only do things on his own terms.

Only good character

>Asian character
>Does not look even remotely Asian
>Played by white woman
>Has sex with dog cause haha they eat dog

How is this not racist?

Fuck Diane for giving him trouble. At least Mr. PB tried. Diane sat back and took and took and paid him back with sabotage after sabotage. Her "I have everything and I'm still miserable and it's Mr. Peanut Butter's fault for not magically achieving my unrealistic and vague needs" thing is so obnoxious. I don't know how much longer this show will go on, but I don't think there's enough time to reverse it so I can only imagine her purpose will be to contrast where Bojack is heading character-wise so it's more clear that he's improving while she's staying the same and/or getting worse.

And I hate reading discussions about him elsewhere since some people are starting to turn on him because clearly the nonsensical Diane must somehow be in the right.

She was wrong but he was annoying as fuck this year. But he's a canon idiot.

>watching post-ironic TV

He keep fucking things up. Nonsensical and ridiculous business projects. Bending the law just so he could have a chance at being the Gov. He simply doesn't get Diane either. Sure he's generous and sunny, but he never really listen to her.

>Nonsensical and ridiculous business projects.
He's not having money problems so his ventures are his business. How he entertains himself is his business.

>Bending the law just so he could have a chance at being the Gov.
They used the law to their advantage, but I'd say calling it "bending" was a little much.

>He simply doesn't get Diane either.
Diane doesn't get Diane. That doesn't give her the right to sabotage and backstab.

Last series, Bojack agrees to make the show with Ethan? Then fucks off while making the first one due to being triggered by the kid actor. Fucks off for a year or whatever, comes back, no explanation or mention of this again, "I wanna be a better person" etc, m8 you just fucked Ethan over to go find yourself and never gave it another thought. Character learning nothing.

I bet you've never been in a relationship v.irgin faggot

Latest season was great. The dementia episode was pure animated kino.

I have, but please do elaborate your point. I'm not saying that they should have stayed together, but it's often the fault of the taker when things go south.

Yes but Mr. PB is still too self absorbed to recognize that Diane has a real trouble fitting in his world.

Why is this allowed?

What? They're not allowed to satirize the whole LGBT movement?

Failed to notice the asexual newt was there the first time.

As someone who loved seasons 1 and 2, the last 2 seasons were just unbearable, Dexter season >4 kind of quality drop. I'm just gonna drop this show while I still had 2 laughs throughout a whole fucking season.

Which one was 5? The one with the earthquake? I thought that one was a really significant drop in quality compared to the rest of the season.

Episode 2 was fantastic though. Almost all of the flashback sequences/transitions were perfect.

Watched season 2 yesterday, absolute kino. Halfway through season 3 now and it feels like shit, not even for the standards of season 2, are they parodying themselves of something? The abortion episode may be the most unfunny thing I've seen all month.

Is season 4 better or worse?

>newt
That's an axolotl

Is it Mr. PB's fault that Diane's "needs" are not realistically achievable? Her desires are vague grasping at what she can't even vocalize.

Season 3 has the underwater episode which is great.

As the seasons go on the peaks get higher but the average (as well as the lows) get lower.

I didn't like the earthquake episode either, but episode 5 was the gun one. Thoughts and prayers. I looked up the writer's twitter, it was a little questionable to say the least. A lot of "ugh white people."

>fish girl was there
Neato

>Season 3 has the underwater episode which is great.
It was a novel idea but it wasn't great. It only stood out because the rest of the season was shit.

Excuse me, have you forgotten that everytime Diane tells not to do this and that, he does the exact opposite? It's his fault that there mansion collapsed thanks to the fracking, bringing everyone in danger and make a total ass of himself by being totally incompetent?

Hm okay. I remember the EQ episode being more political, the gun one just struck me as being about dumb online movements. I think I overlooked how bad it was because it had based J.K Simmons in it. It obviously wasn't my favorite, but I think I'd rate it above the earthquake one.

Sorry to hear about the writer being a moron. I try to avoid any interaction or understanding of the creators of media I like, just in case they turn out to be awful people.