What does Sup Forums think about the Iranian Revolution was it a good thing, a bad thing did the jews do it?

What does Sup Forums think about the Iranian Revolution was it a good thing, a bad thing did the jews do it?

The worst thing in human history, it ruined my Persian race forever even if it was already ruined by muslims

I'm Iranian. I wish it never happened.

I thought all iranians loved it except me

My experience is about 10% love it and think status quo is great. But I'm from the rural North where even though there is a large percentage of devout muslims they mostly hate theocracy too. I'm sure if you go to areas around Mashhad and Qom you'll find more government supporters. The demographics of the >30 years old are overwhelmingly against the hardliners. I think there is room for a leap of improvement when Khamenei dies but the fucker could do 90+

why the fuck did it even happen? it just fucked up persia for good now jesus man

I mean of the

The Spartans did a pretty good job of fucking the Persians

Spartans are cool though, muslims aren't, if you get beaten up by badass mofos you aren't ruined, if you get beaten by slimes you have no reason to stay alive

22 year old Iranian here. While I don't like Khomenei too much, he was much better than the Shah.
I do however, like Khamenei a lot and admire him. He's based as fuck

Iran was already fucked up. Population was 10 million in 1900 and one of the poorest countries in the world. Had a brutal famine in 1917-1919. My father's generation mostly didn't go to high school and he didn't see a car until he was a teenager. Some of my relatives hadn't seen a bitumen road until the 70's. Meanwhile the Shah was building many palaces and stuff for himself. And you could be sent to prison and tortured by SAVAK just for owning political books. Even the theocracy isn't this bad. That being said, I still think the Pahlavi Dynasty could have improved things at a faster rate and the Revolution has been a net negative for the people. Iran has been a shithole for a few centuries now and I don't expect miracles

what would you describe as iran's peak?

This is a meme. They tried to block the Persian host at Thermopylae at a narrow pass and the Persians killed them and their King and went on the sack Athens. '300' movie is nonsense based on propaganda of the Spartans that Herodotus repeated. Thermopylae was a humiliating defeat for the Greeks, it was the Battle of Plataea and Salamis that lost the war for the Persians

y dont u go live in his country and fuck off then?

peak in what terms?

In terms of economy and prosperity I would say the Abbasid Caliphate or the Achaemenid Era. We don't really know much about the Achaemenid Era though other than what the Greeks wrote.

Sassanian Era was cool because it was basically a hyper-persian hyper-zoroastrian proto-fascist State, however, they were very oppressive and probably not a good time to live in.

Good if you're a muzzie.

Horrible if you're a non-muslim.

Lots of non-muslims died, and they are treated a lot worse now under the theocracy.

Bahá'ís were killed off like crazy.

I was born in the US, and I don't think I want to marry an Iranian. I'll probably marry a nice Arab Muslim wife in America desu

it was a good thing, iranians control iran
unlike the west

>proto-fascist
what? whats the difference between prot fascist and fascist, was it any different than our era's fascism?

Iranians don't deserve to be lumped up with the rest of the sandniggers. I consider Persians the Japs of Arabia, and they've got a pretty cool history.

I hope one day they can take back their government, shed the retarded Islamic doctrine none of the Persians there support, and go back to their Zoroastrian roots.

How stupid are you, leaf?
I bet you're black.

fighting the overthrow of your government for 50 years will do that

noone asked who u will marry. either respect the country you live and dont love their enemies, or GTFO

why?

actually thats an interesting way to look at it, is this true?

Because Iranians hate their Muslim government and do not control their country.

yes, and before mosaddegh the british ran shit

neither do you tho
at least foreigners aren't looting the country

It's not fascism as we understand it. It was fascism for the era. They were a militarist State and were nationalist in their own way. They purged the region of Hellenistic influences brought by the Greeks (hated foreigners) and promoted their orthodox version of Zoroastrianism extensively. They persecuted the Mazdaki Zoroastrians which were proto-communists that believed in egalitarian society and common ownership of the wealth. The Sassanians instituted a strict caste system. There was the aristocracy, the clergy, a warrior caste, commoners and slaves. (It wasn't mass slavery in the way that Romans or other civilizations had practiced and you could get out of slavery by converting to Zoroastrianism).

Their militarism was very interesting. pic related is a relief of Persian heavy cavalry from 300-600AD. You can see it's the horseman and his horse are covered in metal armour and he has a lance and shield. This style would soon be adopted by the Byzantines and later by the rest of Europe. And the fortifications (castles etc) in Iran were also very advanced for this time.

It's a very interesting period but the Sassanian State was very corrupted and oppressive and probably not a fun time to live in, but probably the most interesting to study

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Also, that's not your original statement which I called you an idiot for.

Like I said, I bet you're black. Dumbass leaf.

if iran ever gets a peaceful period they through the theocrats out, and it will be a rich country

Stop talking dumbass leaf. You're a nigger.

and their architecture was just amazing. This is the remains of a Sasanian palace from 400AD. Unfortunately most of their buildings fell because of some major earthquakes

The Shah was corrupt and his dinasty started with a coup against the Qajars.

I wouldnt support it because I'm not muslim, but I think that it was good to Iran.

is that not the Mexican flag?

:S

Thats interesting, how was the persian navy at its peak? Im curious what persians thought about naval policies

Qajar Dynasty is the most hated in Iran

I'm sorry we have so many dumb cunts in my country.... I really am.

I was stating marriage as a reason why I don't want to move to Iran.
And why is Iran considered America's enemy? Is it because they stand up to Israel, and don't want to see the region whore themselves and their resources out to the west?
America was a great country before it became a globalized superpower. Hopefully once we fix our foreign policy and return to isolationism we will be great again.

It's alright I feel bad for the rest of you, though.

almost non-existent. It was never needed. The best navy Persia ever had was when the Phoenicians were incorporated into the Achaemenid Empire a long with their navy. Phoenicians basically paid to be the navy of the Persian Empire who were the best ship builders and sailors of this era. The Greeks would eventually learn off the Phoenicians.

I see, thanks for history lesson

Islamic revolution was cancer for the people of Iran, no self-respecting Iranian would follow Islam, even though it was basically Iranians doing the Arabs homework (most """Islamic Golden Age"""" scholars were Iranian).
Shah was a Zionist puppet would started to show during the end of his reign, but mullahs aren't any better. Basically Animal Farm. The war solidified faith in the regime, too. Big reason it happened was because of the revolution (Shia uprising sparked fear in Iraqi population).

You're just wrong sorry. The Shah was a bad man and made plenty of mistakes, but his economic reforms were easily on par with other developing countries and Iran would easily be South Korea tier economically/developmentally wise had they not gone retard in 1979.