What went so horribly horribly wrong?

What went so horribly horribly wrong?

Nothing

Everything ... (ㆀ˘・з・˘) Can’t stand they screwed up what seems to be great chance to kick off new franchise Y’know ? Jack Reacher is very very interesting character to reveal what he is, along the way of storytelling.

I cant imagine a more boring character than jack reacher

jack was neutered by a cold and annoying cobie smulders and a girl who turns out not to even be his fucking daughter, thus making any previous drama between them inert

ugly grey photography and an empty forgettable story

Tom Cruise is 5'4”

i love tom and i've seen everything of his, jack reacher 2 is easily his worst and especially disappointing because i really liked the first one

10/10 acting

Directed by Edward Zwick

far and away is my favorite cruise kino

The ost was shit
The villains were awful
The subplot was abysmal
The thrills were nonexistent
Reacher seemed to be neutered as well.

ignored all of the dumb shit that made the first one entertaining and opted for a paint by numbers action movie without a soul
such a shame

all the cgi on cruise's face to hide the wrinkles during any scene where he talks while standing still

What are some other movies where the drop in quality from 1 to 2 is as substantial as in Jack Reacher

The story was boring as shit

I was going to watch this but then I didn't

sin city 2
kingsmen golden circle
jurassic park 2
i cant be bothered typing them out. lets just say 99% of all sequels

See, this is why I come to this subreddit. I come for comments like this. Usually my motivation for coming here is to find a good movie to watch and a reason to watch it. I'm fairly confident that I've seen most of the movies that I'm going to absolutely adore (of course there are more, but they are few and far between and I suppose I could broaden my horizons with art house and movies that push me to think more, but I'm not that intellectual really so I don't find that too appealing. If you take this as a challenge, I most certainly accept. (or is it the other way around?)), so I need to find reasons to rewatch movies I've already seen, so that I can enjoy them for a new reason and *this* is the type of comment that makes me say, "hey, I should watch that movie again. Did I view it that way when I watched it? I remember the gist of the movie, but this clearly shows me I missed some stuff. I suppose I should give it a watch." Damn, that was a long and uncoordinated sentence. I apologize. Anyway, this is the type of comment I love to read on reddit and movie sub reddits. It didn't require some great detail, like my ridiculous comment here, but it expressed a clear, simple and concise thought that adds to the movie and the top parent comment does as well. Of course, there is a place for long drawn out expressions of thought, and this clearly is not the place (or time, I'm drrrrruuuuunk) for that, so I suppose I will stop and consider adding spaced out paragraphs to this then decide that probably 3 whole people will read this thing either way and give up. Anyway. Good comment. I'll watch this movie again.

Gotta read the material. Especially this 2nd one fucked it up in astronomical way.

JP 2 was kino, JP 3 wasn't

It was just fucking boring.

The hell you talking about. This was miles better than the first. Only thing it had going for it was Rosamund "Penetrate her asshole with my" Pike.

youre objectively a moron if you think 2 is better than 1
i dont think anyone with a brain would disagree with me

sin city 2 is almost as good as 1

The entire movie felt pointless, I watched it and felt like I'd completely wasted two hours of my life and didn't gain anything new

I had to go read a plot summary to remind myself if I’ve seen this or not. I have. It’s that totally forgettable.